About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-30, 19:11
CrackHeadLogic CrackHeadLogic is offline
Regular
 
Default Quebec

Any Canadians out there,what is your opinion of Quebec? I attended boarding school in Vancouver for 2 years and the people there tended to dislike Quebec.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-30, 19:41
TheMouse TheMouse is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

I've heard bad things about Quebec.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-30, 20:49
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

I have been to most of the Provinces of Canada and there exists two Canadas: Quebec and all the rest. Pity.

Nox
 #4 
Old 2002-12-30, 21:26
TheLordOfTheBobs TheLordOfTheBobs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

What do you mean? I wanna know because I live here.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-31, 00:05
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

You live there and you are asking moi?

Have you been to Quebec Province?

Where "there" do you live?

Nox
 #6 
Old 2002-12-31, 01:00
0 0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

quote:
Originally posted by CrackHeadLogic:
Any Canadians out there,what is your opinion of Quebec? I attended boarding school in Vancouver for 2 years and the people there tended to dislike Quebec.


Quebec has an official language of French and they want indenpendence from Canada [not all its more like approx. 50/50] because they feel betrayed by the English majority since the British arrived to Canada. The current status of Quebec is that there French population is decreasing by approx 0.4% every year because of the low birth rate[French]. Bottom line if they were under Saddam Hussein control he would spray them like misquitos !!!

I also heared that in the US, that Texas has the right of independence by vote; true or not?
 #7 
Old 2002-12-31, 01:10
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

Technically, a number of states have clauses claiming a right to leave any time they damn well please. South Carolina, for instance, in its articles of ratification of the Constitution, reserved the right to secede at any time for any reason. I'm sure Texas has something similar.

In practice, I'd say that war has already been lost, wouldn't you?
 #8 
Old 2002-12-31, 01:13
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

As a side note to a non-existent statement: Quebec City is beautiful.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-31, 01:41
TheMouse TheMouse is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

quote:
Originally posted by 0:
Quebec has an official language of French and they want indenpendence from Canada [not all its more like approx. 50/50] because they feel betrayed by the English majority since the British arrived to Canada. The current status of Quebec is that there French population is decreasing by approx 0.4% every year because of the low birth rate[French]. Bottom line if they were under Saddam Hussein control he would spray them like misquitos !!!

I also heared that in the US, that Texas has the right of independence by vote; true or not?



Why do the French feel betrayed? The PM is always French, and we pay high taxes to fund all their cozy Socialism in the East. Not much can be done about it, because our votes in the West don't really count. If anyone should feel betrayed, it's the Western provinces.

Maybe we should just get rid of Toronto...
 #10 
Old 2002-12-31, 06:44
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

I went up to Montreal with my friends for my bachelor party. I can say for sure that the Native American meaning of Montreal is all too correct.

 #11 
Old 2002-12-31, 16:53
TheLordOfTheBobs TheLordOfTheBobs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

Nox, I live in Qu�bec. Qu�bec City to be exact. I was born here and I am proud of my roots. As for the PM, yes they are from french origin but they betray us on the very first day they get in their office. The English screwed us from the day we surrendered, and are still srewing but in a more discreet way. All the money the federal makes from taxes comes from us. Fuck, because of them we're the most taxed place in the fucking world! If we're angry at them, well maybe it's because they got us fucked up from the very day it started.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-31, 18:15
kingenrage kingenrage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

why we feel betraded? ( well not me but native kebekers ) because when the UK made canada a dominion the west ( english ) had a debt 13X higher then Ours. but we had to pay it . If you forgot quebec was beeing colonised by france before england stepped in. Quebec wants its souveranaty.

Yesterday I was downtown montreal ( Cresent )... Never have I saw so many americans. And some of you dont realise where u guys are.
These dumb american girls where walking around in sandals, guys without coats, lining up in front of every bar, Asking me where to buy liquor, weed, XTc. I met with a couple of americans from nebraska, they can't even roll a joint, or play pool.
One thing i am jelous of that they had alot of money considering the curency, But other then that they liked my city better then thier hilbilly home town.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-31, 19:42
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

King,

It's a little bit late now but you should have driven to Plattsburgh NY and gone to the mall. It had an overflow of Canadians, buying clothes and liquor. The clothes (Xmas gifts) were unwrapped and put on (now used clothes so Canadian tariffs don't apply. The liquor was poured into any and all available containers ... again to avoid tariffs. And where do you think all the refuse went? Right out the window on the ground. Talk about pigs. Trouble is, my countrymen act like they're in a sty when they're in your country as well.

Pity times two.

Nox
 #14 
Old 2003-01-02, 17:01
StrangeDays StrangeDays is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

I lived in Quebec all my life up until 2000, then I moved to Ontario, what a change, for the worse actually. I can't stand people here. All this happened because there were no jobs for my dad in Montreal and so he got a job in Ontario. What a bitch, Montreal was the only place I felt comfortable in and the culture I grew up with made sense, not like here. What a shithole. I promised myself I'd move back as soon as I'm out of the house. But I'm only 16 so I still got a ways to go. Point being - There are two Canadas and I miss the Quebec one.
 #15 
Old 2003-01-02, 23:11
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

quote:
Originally posted by StrangeDays:
There are two Canadas and I miss the Quebec one.


When I returned to the States from Japan, my son cried because he wanted to go 'home' refering to Japan. What you have described, I believe. You have the 'home' syndrome.

Nox
 #16 
Old 2003-01-04, 22:30
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

quote:
Originally posted by Bogey Man:
As a side note to a non-existent statement: Quebec City is beautiful.


Fucking hell yeah....I am not a native to here and Je ne parle pas fra�ais....But I still think they should become independate....I would then have to kick really into learning more french...and kingenrage its Quebecois.....
 #17 
Old 2003-01-05, 08:40
hp hp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec


I like Quebec. Because of the massive human rights protests held in the province during the 60s and 70s, it has inspired the creation of many activists - whom I generaly like for their will to fight for their rights.
 #18 
Old 2003-01-05, 13:08
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

quote:
Originally posted by hp:

I like Quebec. Because of the massive human rights protests held in the province during the 60s and 70s, it has inspired the creation of many activists - whom I generaly like for their will to fight for their rights.




There was a protest this summer downtown in old quebec....I forget what they were yelling about but it was a bunch of fat men in diapers and hot chicks in bras and mens whitey tighteys...
 #19 
Old 2003-01-05, 19:16
kingenrage kingenrage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

I belive that was the gay protest... lol
Its kebecois for all i care.
Did u ever see pictures of hundrets off ppl having sex on a street downtown in some city?
Well thats montreal. ill find a link somewhere...
 #20 
Old 2003-01-05, 19:21
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

Eww...The streets of montreal are dirty...
 #21 
Old 2003-01-05, 22:22
hp hp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec


I believe you're refering to this .

Here's more pics: http://www.geocities.com/fausto333/spencertunick/


 #22 
Old 2003-01-05, 23:56
kingenrage kingenrage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

Are we open minded or what?

kinda creepy
 #23 
Old 2003-01-06, 00:24
Lionhart Lionhart is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

Just curious, but how many of you Quebecois actually are currently experiencing any form of discrimination from the federal government?

And about the debt thing, the english at least let you stay, instead of deporting you and taking complete control of the St.Lawernce and all its strategic values.
 #24 
Old 2003-01-06, 01:08
TheLordOfTheBobs TheLordOfTheBobs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Quebec

They won't since it would be considered by many of our allies, France mostly, as an act of war and in matter of war, Canada wouldn't last long. And for the part about who suffers from the federal government in Qu�bec, well the answer is 7 445 200 people in last July.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics