About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-29, 05:40
Marekus Marekus is offline
Regular
 
Default Canada military

Whats the real point for Canada to have a large military.

Whats the point of any country to have a large military? Hell if no one had a military than there wouldn't be wars. Kind of idealistic however we got to start somewhere.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-29, 05:53
LebaneseFighter LebaneseFighter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

To discourage others from fucking with you

It is SO incredibly na�vet� to believe that someday everyone will kiss and make up, and every gun, missile, shell, helicopter, attack fighter, land mine, and aircraft carrier will magically be destroyed and we will all be friends

OK so thats how the UN sees it, but it will not happen. A large military is essential to democracy

1. to preserve democracy
2. to put down rebellions and internal turmoil (who needs secret police)
3. to aid in peace keeping etc

Hell America, China, Russia, Israel, Taiwain, North Korea, South Korea, England, Switzerland, Syria, and Egypt all have massive armies, just to name a few, and all have a common goal: Self defense and survival.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-29, 06:07
TheLordOfTheBobs TheLordOfTheBobs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

Canada may not have a large military, but it's not crap either. It rarely fails and it is very respected troughout the world because of the peacekeeping missions.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-29, 06:09
Vox Vox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

The world is not a place of peace, never has been and never will be. Like LF says, armies ensure security...the foremost goal of any state. If you son't have a good military, you'd better make friends with a country that does.

Simple lesson in Political Science: the only two things that matter in the world are money and power. A strong military will help you get lots of both.

International relations are a zero sum game. When you gain, everyone else, including me, loses, and vice versa. You want to stop this from happening, you sharpen your claws.

This is one theoretical model (realist). You can argue for others, but your position will depend almost always on whether you are relatively strong (realist, power, money) or relatively weak (liberal/critical theory, collective security, int'l organizations and law).

LF, if and when you go to college, think about political science as a major, or maybe international relations. It's right up your alley.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-29, 06:17
kingenrage kingenrage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

well we are "friends" with USA.
Why do we need a military if we would not plan on attacks on other countrys.
Sure... we will assists the USA. But to have a uge army to invande oher countirys we dont need that.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-29, 06:22
hp hp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military


Us simple Communers have little to gain from the 'exploits' done by the military. I rather save the cash thrown away on bunch of faggots in uniform and their hi-tech gadgets and spend it on myself and my family.


 #7 
Old 2002-12-29, 06:51
LebaneseFighter LebaneseFighter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

hp that is some of the most biased, absurd, and almost not thought at comments i have ever heard

calling navy seals and people that fight and die for your freedom voluntarily faggots is extremely disrespectful and stupid.'


try calling a US Ranger and faggot in a uniform, and he will be the living shit out of you

Why even pay taxes? After all, I need money too

btw the army also fights for your right to be able to HAVE and SPEND money, and also you can owe it to the EXISTANCE of America! We didnt negotiate with England for secession...we fought and died for it

hp, the army fights for your right to sit on your apathetic ass and bitch at things, its called the 1st amendment, which u can thank the army for protecting

its people like you that are the real enemies


Nox I Do plan on attending college...Political Science, International Relations, Foreign Affairs, Constitutional Law, and Military History/Science are right up my alley. I'm think of a JDMBA as well.


[This message has been edited by LebaneseFighter (edited 12-29-2002).]
 #8 
Old 2002-12-29, 07:01
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

Canada doesn't need a military at all. The only country I can see attacking it is the US, and the international outcry would be huge if they attacked without some kind of gigantic provocation.

A token military is nice though, particularly since it's used mostly for peacekeeping.

No, weapons won't be magically destroyed. We'll have to work hard to make people drop them, to make it pointless to have them.

quote:
A large military is essential to democracy

Of course, there's never the threat of a military coup.

quote:
(who needs secret police)

Why do they need to be secret - as long as they can kick down doors, right?

*rolls eyes*

When was the last time the United States used its army in self defence?
 #9 
Old 2002-12-29, 07:07
hp hp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military


quote:
hp that is some of the most biased, absurd, and almost not thought at comments i have ever heard


You must have not read your posts then.

quote:
calling navy seals and people that fight and die for your freedom voluntarily faggots is extremely disrespectful and stupid.'


Having to pay their paycheck is even dumber.

quote:
btw the army also fights for your right to be able to HAVE and SPEND money, and also you can owe it to the EXISTANCE of America!


Yes, the army makes sure that the current plutocratic economy is not threatend. The question is, how is that of a benifet to me?

quote:
hp, the army fights for your right to sit on your apathetic ass and bitch at things, its called the 1st amendment, which u can thank the army for protecting


I can defend my rights myself, thank you. I don't need them to be granted to me by the Government, to begin with.

quote:
its people like you that are the real enemies


Hahahahaha.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-29, 07:13
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

ummmmmmmm reckon one day some guy would have the power to invade and united the whole world? sounds cool, that would rid the world of wars... but aint gonna happen, unless someone gives me a ciggie
 #11 
Old 2002-12-29, 12:47
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

quote:
Originally posted by hp:
I rather save the cash thrown away on bunch of faggots in uniform


I was one of those "faggots in uniform". I am proud of it. I will stop now before I really go off on your attitude. But before I go, if you ever get the courage to even try to be good enough to be one of those "faggots", let me know. At that point I'll be willing to talk to you 'Man to Man'.

Nox
 #12 
Old 2002-12-29, 13:09
0 0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

Canada needs a large military? No
Why? If the USA is planning to attack us they will and take over Canada in 2 hours.
Does Canada need a military for domestic issues? Yes, but not large military [20,000]
Reapeat question does Canada need a large military? No
 #13 
Old 2002-12-29, 14:07
LebaneseFighter LebaneseFighter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

hp I can see you obviously never served in the military. I find your comments offensive, and I fail to see your point:

What makes people voluntarily fighting for you 'faggots'?

Why is paying them so 'funny'?

I would honestly like to see you tell a navy seal, face to face, that he's a 'faggot in a uniform' in your own words, and see what happens. Of course you will never do this.
 #14 
Old 2002-12-29, 16:44
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: Canada military

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-29, 17:11
Vox Vox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

As applicable now as when written by Vegetius Renatus. I believe the actual phrase is: si desiderat pacem, praeperat bellum.

You wonder why you pay for a military and if a strong military is essential to democracy?

Do a little homework and look up "Athens" in the encyclopedia. And while you're reading the encyclopedia, ask yourself why it is that you can even read, monkeyspunk.
 #16 
Old 2002-12-29, 17:28
kingenrage kingenrage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

THe army is there so u can have gas in ur SUV.
The canadian army Is big enough for what we need ( i used to be in it )
I have to admit that we migth not be able to envade a country but we have enough ppl to maintain peace operations. WE leave the killing to That blood thirsty military of the U . S . of A.
 #17 
Old 2002-12-29, 20:05
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

>>>THe army is there so u can have gas in ur SUV<<<

Says you, Alot of people don't drive SUV's, and if they do, They either have to drive through alot of rough terrain, or are pretty wasteful indeed.

>>>Of course you will never do this<<<

Of course not, that is as likely to happen as hp fighting a foreign nation, or surviving the first 5 seconds of the assualt.

>>>Does Canada need a military for domestic issues? Yes, but not large military [20,000]
Reapeat question does Canada need a large military? No<<<

I thought Police and National Guard was for domestic issues. Also, That's a pretty big land area to defend with 20,000 men.

>>>I can defend my rights myself, thank you. I don't need them to be granted to me by the Government, to begin with<<<

No you won't, In nearly every single one of your posts, you've implied what a big chickenshit you are. I had to wipe the tears out of my eyes from laughing at that statement you wrote. Kinda like a sheep kicking the wolf's ass.

>>>Having to pay their paycheck is even dumber<<<

Of course, why do you care? In a past post you said you don't pay taxes. And even dumber then that is them having to protect your worthless, ignorant carcass.

>>>Of course, there's never the threat of a military coup<<<

Maybe in yours that's a possiblity.

>>>I rather save the cash thrown away on bunch of faggots in uniform and their hi-tech gadgets and spend it on myself and my family<<<

Say that to my face and we will see who the "faggott" is. Speaking of which, it's faggot. You can't even get that right

>>>WE leave the killing to That blood thirsty military of the U . S . of A.<<<

I was going to lay the smack down on this In dire need of Hooked-on-Phonics, but I'll leave it alone for now Kingenrage.
 #18 
Old 2002-12-29, 21:21
0 0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Boo:


I thought Police and National Guard was for domestic issues. Also, That's a pretty big land area to defend with 20,000 men.



I exagerated when I said we need 20000, we need like 1000. Everyone is so gay and peacefull in Canada [We got good use of our military during snow storms].
 #19 
Old 2002-12-29, 22:09
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

quote:
Originally posted by 0:
[We got good use of our military during snow storms].


I feel sorry for them. That is not what a military is for.

Helping out victims of a volcanic eruption in the Phillipines? Very rewarding, but not what I trained for.

Rebuilding homes in Turkey after an earthquake knocked them over? Once again, rewarding, but not what I was trained for. When we left, I remember one man who's house I helped rebuild give me their equivelent of the Birdie, and just for a second I wished i could go back and level his house again. The look on his face when he saw the wrekage was pure anguish, then when rebuilt, thankfulness.

But back to the subject, While a military can provide domestic relief, that is not it's primary mission.
 #20 
Old 2002-12-30, 00:36
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: Canada military

A Canadian complaining about the taxes going into the military? LOL.

You'd just be giving it to more hobos otherwise.
 #21 
Old 2002-12-30, 04:45
kingenrage kingenrage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

You guys train to kill.
And u cant wait till u can do it.
Its like wanting to be a cop to speed and burn red ligths.

Why else would u wanna join the army?
To defend your country.

This country has been on a map as long as yours, and yet we dont have � of ur enemies
Why? because u have a much larger miliary and like " experementing " with it.
 #22 
Old 2002-12-30, 09:37
hp hp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military


quote:
I was one of those "faggots in uniform". I am proud of it.


That's great. I admire people who are open about their sexuality.

quote:
But before I go, if you ever get the courage to even try to be good enough to be one of those "faggots", let me know. At that point I'll be willing to talk to you 'Man to Man'.


I'll consider your offer shall I become homosexual.

quote:
What makes people voluntarily fighting for you 'faggots'?


Figure it on your own.

quote:
Why is paying them so 'funny'?


It isn't. It's sad.

quote:
I would honestly like to see you tell a navy seal, face to face, that he's a 'faggot in a uniform' in your own words, and see what happens. Of course you will never do this.


What makes you think I already haven't?

quote:
>>>I rather save the cash thrown away on bunch of faggots in uniform and their hi-tech gadgets and spend it on myself and my family<<<

Say that to my face and we will see who the "faggott" is. Speaking of which, it's faggot. You can't even get that right


Read my post again and find me where I said 'faggott'. Fucking blind homo. Not only you can't detect sarcasm, you have troubles reading PLAIN TEXT. Retard.

quote:
Of course, why do you care? In a past post you said you don't pay taxes. And even dumber then that is them having to protect your worthless, ignorant carcass.


Where did I say that I don't pay taxes? Stop fucking inventing stuff you moron.

quote:
No you won't, In nearly every single one of your posts, you've implied what a big chickenshit you are.


You can't even properly read my post (see examples above), what makes you think you understand the implied meaning of my posts? You don't.
 #23 
Old 2002-12-30, 10:33
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

and yes canada does have a army, why? to piss u off!
 #24 
Old 2002-12-30, 20:32
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

>>>Where did I say that I don't pay taxes? Stop fucking inventing stuff you moron<<<

I told you, IN A PAST POST!!! Do you have a memory as long as your dick?

>>>Read my post again and find me where I said 'faggott'. Fucking blind homo. Not only you can't detect sarcasm, you have troubles reading PLAIN TEXT. Retard.<<<

I read it again. Isn't it nice that J.C. and root added in the option to edit your posts? Comes in handy to alleviate yourself from looking like a fucking jackass does it not?

>>>You can't even properly read my post (see examples above), what makes you think you understand the implied meaning of my posts? You don't<<<

I do understand them. Why are you playing dumb?

>>>What makes you think I already haven't?<<<

We are talking about saying that to someone's face, not on the internet. Try again.

>>>What makes people voluntarily fighting for you 'faggots'?

Figure it on your own.<<<

>>>defending hp, in my book, would make you a faggot. A shame she isn't as tough as she makes herself to be<<<

>>>I'll consider your offer shall I become homosexual<<<

You've already proven yourself to be.

>>>You guys train to kill.
And u cant wait till u can do it.<<<

Sounds like you speak from experience. Have you killed anyone? Does a fireman like to sit on his ass all day? Or does he want to do his job? Think on that.

>>>This country has been on a map as long as yours, and yet we dont have � of ur enemies<<<

That's because The US and UK would come to aid your ass should you be threatend. Does the term "Ally" mean anything?

>>>Its like wanting to be a cop to speed and burn red ligths<<<

Whatever you meant by this, I'm guessing it had something to do with the trained to kill thing. Whatever.

>>>At that point I'll be willing to talk to you 'Man to Man'<<<

Nox,
hp is not a man, she's already proven herself not to be by her sissy, chickenshit attitude and the fact she won't even say where she is from.


It's okay, hp, to be ashamed of your nation. I would be too, judging by your character.
 #25 
Old 2002-12-30, 20:55
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canada military

I was going to post a retort to hp, but why bother.

Nox
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics