About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-29, 04:08
Regular
 
Default cult claims to have cloned

do u buy their story? i dont, i wanna see the baby! and some other proof
 #2 
Old 2002-12-29, 04:27
HomerJay603 HomerJay603 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

wierd people + money = stupid crap.

I believe there is a chance that they have cloned a human, but I am with you on the idea that proof is needed.

And another thing, In english the second person pronoun has a full 3 letters "y," "o," and "u," ACT LIKE IT YOU DUMB SHIT!! And if you don't, I'm gonna find you and I'm gonna beat you so badly that not even your momma can't identify you! LEARN ENGLISH!


Homer

[This message has been edited by HomerJay603 (edited 12-29-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-12-29, 04:30
Marekus Marekus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

Was just about to make a post about this:P
 #4 
Old 2002-12-29, 04:32
Marekus Marekus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

But anyways, its unethical I bet they didn't do it they're Quebecers they said they would seperate, they didn't...Can't stick to something.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-29, 04:42
LebaneseFighter LebaneseFighter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

I refuse to believe the story until:

They FULLY disclose to the scientific community how they did it in a specific, step by step, verifiable manner

They FULLY disclose WHERE they did it

They allow a 3rd party to take blood tests of both the mother and daughter

They allow us to see the girl, disclose her name, and the name of the women

If she is really a clone, then both the daughter and mother would have the exact DNA

What's to stop these cultists from simply taking two blood tests from the mother and claiming one is from the mother, the other from the daughter?

Personally I think a human has been cloned anyway, by scientists who are doing it because they believe in their work, and its positive effects, but thats just me
 #6 
Old 2002-12-29, 04:50
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

quote:
Originally posted by HomerJay603:
wierd people + money = stupid crap.

I believe there is a chance that they have cloned a human, but I am with you on the idea that proof is needed.

And another thing, In english the second person pronoun has a full 3 letters "y," "o," and "u," ACT LIKE IT YOU DUMB SHIT!! And if you don't, I'm gonna find you and I'm gonna beat you so badly that not even your momma can't identify you! LEARN ENGLISH!


Homer

[This message has been edited by HomerJay603 (edited 12-29-2002).]




big wrds for a lil man U ass lol

jk, if it really makes u feel better next time ill TRY and remeber not to use abbrevations
 #7 
Old 2002-12-29, 05:05
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

I think they probably did it. However, I seriously doubt that they were the first. Methinks this has been going on for some time.

Nox
 #8 
Old 2002-12-29, 05:55
HomerJay603 HomerJay603 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

quote:
Originally posted by Thehurricane:

big wrds for a lil man U ass lol

jk, if it really makes u feel better next time ill TRY and remeber not to use abbrevations



YOU ARE THE WORST OF ANY OF THEM!
I SWEAR IF I EVER SEE YOU IN REAL LIFE, I'M GONNA GO OVER AND KICK YOU IN THE NUTS!

Homer
 #9 
Old 2002-12-29, 06:13
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

please forgive me if im not scared of u homer. for starters, im all the way in australia and ur in the 300 block of the 6th level of hell. 2ndly, i would prolly be able to beat the living crap out of u.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-29, 09:09
town_drunkard town_drunkard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

Cloning is great, let's spend millions of dollars researching it, then clone a human just so people with moral objections can have it all made illegal. Meanwhile the poor starving Ethiopians wonder why we can't clone lunch.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-29, 12:28
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

Unfortunately for them, we have. They had dirt for lunch, and there's plenty more where that came from.

Nox
 #12 
Old 2002-12-29, 14:56
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
I think they probably did it. However, I seriously doubt that they were the first. Methinks this has been going on for some time.

Nox



I seem to recall a scientific group creating a viable human embryo several years ago. It didn't grow to full size - they aborted it after only a few cell divisions - but it seemed to be capable of becoming a whole baby. Are we counting that?
 #13 
Old 2002-12-29, 18:39
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

No.

I did not refer to that specific example, but you did jog my memory.

I was alluding to the fact that not all research is publically funded. There are enough ego-maniacs in the world that would fund cloning research so they could reproduce themselves. The concept and the technology have been around for some time and my bet is that we already have clones among us ... and some of them are beyond the diaper stage. Now that's a conspiracy.

Nox
 #14 
Old 2002-12-29, 23:27
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

It is hard to believe that on their first try this Clonaid sucessfully cloned a Human. In most cases the Fetus would have abnormalities and be horribly difigured.

I think that this claim is bullshit and is a big publicity stunt. I want to see visual proof and then I will believe.


I do think that the government has been expirimenting with cloning and has just not revealed it to the public so there wouldn't be a commotion and a ban on cloning.

Though i feel a full Human clone is unethical, Cloning things such as stem cells is to Beneficial to the human race to pass up.


But you will never know what will happen with this asshole in office.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-29, 23:48
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

quote:
Originally posted by punkrawkerstonershit:
But you will never know what will happen with this asshole in office.


It would be the moron who preceeded him that started it.

Nox
 #16 
Old 2002-12-30, 00:48
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

Nox, Are you a republican?

It seems that you are. The last time i checked during the Clinton administration none of these problems were occurring.

I believe the world sees George Bush as a weak leader and are takin adavntage of this to exploi and cause problems.

For example notice the increase of terrorism. When clinton was in office there were peace treaties in Israel not suicide bombings.

Bush also has the habbit of blaming all the problems of his administration on Clinton.

Isn't that a little absurd?
 #17 
Old 2002-12-30, 01:45
The Molecular Man The Molecular Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

it's really not that difficult to clone animals. you just have to get past the ethical issues of having many aborted samples until one finally takes. if they did produce a clone, i guarantee there were at least 50 failed trials. Even twice that number wouldn't be unlikely.
 #18 
Old 2002-12-30, 02:37
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

quote:
Originally posted by punkrawkerstonershit:
Nox, Are you a republican?


No. I am a flaming Independent who truly hates Clinton.

quote:
Originally posted by punkrawkerstonershit:
The last time i checked during the Clinton administration none of these problems were occurring.


The occurred, they were not reported. Just like the last year of the Clinton administration slipped into recession which Billy Bubba denied (as usual).

quote:
Originally posted by punkrawkerstonershit:
I believe the world sees George Bush as a weak leader and are takin adavntage of this to exploi and cause problems.


Possibly. I view it more as the press than the government. Case in point, look at the world governments lined up against Iraq.

quote:
Originally posted by punkrawkerstonershit:
For example notice the increase of terrorism. When clinton was in office there were peace treaties in Israel not suicide bombings.


At what price? I will never forget Albright literally chasing after Arafat. Made me ashamed to be an American. Also, don't forget the White House fund that Billy never accounted for its distribution. However, I think it is of greater importance the leadership in Israel. Old Yassar was offered everything he had previously asked for ... rejected it and wanted more. This is one thing I don't blame Billy for. That one is pure Arafat.

quote:
Originally posted by punkrawkerstonershit:
Bush also has the habbit of blaming all the problems of his administration on Clinton.


I haven't noticed that. What I have noticed is that Billy Bubba is constantly trying to rerefine his legacy and making some pretty stupid lies along the way.

quote:
Originally posted by punkrawkerstonershit:
Isn't that a little absurd?


In terms of Clinton, yes.

Nox
 #19 
Old 2002-12-30, 06:29
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
No. I am a flaming Independent who truly hates Clinton.


Nox



ahahahahahahahhaha nox you're alllllright!!
 #20 
Old 2002-12-31, 17:09
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

I share your passionate hatred of the Clinton adminsistration, and I agree with most of the points you made - what I fail to understand is why you think the Bush adminsitration is so much better. I may be mistaken, but it seems to me that you've been applying Dubya is some sort of moral American hero who's come to the White House to save America and undo the horrible damage done by Clinton.

The way I see it, at least so far, is that the Bush administration is continuing CLinton's legacy. Tell me exactly how things have significantly changed, I'm curious.
 #21 
Old 2002-12-31, 19:58
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

First off, the Oval office has dignity ... no shirt, no tie, no coat ... no entry (Monica clones not allowed either). Real Black folks in real positions of power ... unlike Commerce (Brown) and Agriculture (Espy) [Both of whom were outright criminals]. No hiding behind Janet Reno and an attempt to clean up the INS. I could keep going but this is enough for now. Having said all this does this make George W. a great President? Not yet. I wish he would make more National speeches to explain his positions instead of road speeches and hope that the News media will cover them ... which they do, they don't report.

Nox
 #22 
Old 2003-01-02, 23:28
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: cult claims to have cloned

It's time to revive this topic and get back to the subject.

I just heard that the woman who claims to have had herself cloned, is now refusing (after first having agreed to same) to provide DNA samples to prove cloning. It appears that this entire episode is a great con to get publicity for a previously 'unknown' cult.

Viva la press corps!

Nox
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics