About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-23, 23:50
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Shifting Gears

It's time to shift gears from all of our political debate, name calling, personal attacks, and down-right spitting to pause and reflect.

I want to extend to everyone my sincere wish for a happy holiday season. I have had a tremdous gift given me this year by being made a mod. This does not make me better than anyone else and certainly does not imply that I am smarter.

I have made errors during my tenure. For those errors I apologize.

I hope that as we continue through the holiday season and into the new year that we all (especially me) try to continue to:

Engage brain before engaging keyboard.

Disagree without being disagreeable.

The later is the one that I have failed at most. I shall try to correct same.

Nox
 #2 
Old 2002-12-24, 01:12
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shifting Gears

Well said, Nox. If you can ever find the location to my secret volcano lair, you're welcome to stop in for a shot o' Jack.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-24, 04:26
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: Shifting Gears

Happy Saxons-slay-Franks day!
 #4 
Old 2002-12-24, 10:06
Regular
 
Default Re: Shifting Gears

Merry Christmas Nox (and everyone else)

Dear Santa

For Christmas I would like the great gift of mod status to be bestowed upon me. Think of it as a refreshing contrast to the materialistic desires that you usually have to satisfy.

PS. The sherry I'm leaving you is non-alcoholic, because frankly, I think you should be ashamed of the drink-driving example you're setting.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-24, 13:06
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shifting Gears

Happy Holidays Mr. Nox, and you haven't done that bad, pretty good actually. At least we haven't had to listen to you rave about your beauty and brains.

I don't know how far you would have to drive, but you are welcome at the compound if you are in the neighborhood, just watch the trip-wire.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-24, 14:38
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shifting Gears

Disagree without being disagreeable. This is what's been pissing me off about the format of modern debate in general. Debates on this board, debates with my friends and family, and even the presidential debates the politicians have been throwing pointless insults at each other and not bothering to rightiously defend their points.

Anyway, merry christmas/hannukah/hanukah/channukah/chanukah/quanza to all.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-24, 15:13
Vox Vox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shifting Gears

Qwaanza is for niggers.

Hehehe...sorry. This thread was too heart-warming.

Best wishes to the people.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-24, 21:28
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shifting Gears

What the hell's with Quaanza anyway? Blacks act like it's a traditional African holiday. I've never heard of it before four or five years ago. Is it just generic African tribal dancing time or some shit?
 #9 
Old 2002-12-24, 21:41
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shifting Gears

Merry Christmas Nox, or should i call you Stalin..

(there was no call for that i know)

Merry Christmas all....

Unclenasty fingers, dont take my pressie, i wanna mod politcs!
 #10 
Old 2002-12-24, 22:20
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shifting Gears

quote:
Originally posted by UnclNastyFingerz:
What the hell's with Quaanza anyway?


If memory serves, Kwanza was created in the mid-60's. It was supposed to be a celebration of things African (culture et al) which were imported to this country (USA). Many of the original words and concepts came from Swahili- a native language from east Africa. However, most slaves in this country trace their origins to west Africa (no one said this nonsense had to make sense). Anyway the 'holiday' has degenerated to the point that your "blackness" determines whether or not you can participate in community celebrations (reference the court battle for last years Kwanza in Chicago).

O well, so much for 'traditions'.

Nox
 #11 
Old 2002-12-25, 04:17
Regular
 
eagan mn usa
Default Re: Shifting Gears

�Felices Navidades!
 #12 
Old 2002-12-25, 19:06
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shifting Gears

Beware of decorating your house, you may get sued. Hopefully, Santa leaves a gift made by his reindeer in those peoples' homes.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-25, 20:50
HomerJay603 HomerJay603 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shifting Gears

Nox, I have also had a great gift bestowed upon me this year:
A BRAND FUCKIN NEW MOTHERBOARD AND GRAFICS CARD
EAT THAT POOR PEOPLE
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Homer
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics