About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-20, 23:16
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Trent Lott resigned

I have a very difficult time believing that his (Trent) comments at Strom's bday party are the real reason he's gone. I personally feel that those remarks are the excuse, but the real reason is that when the Republicans first took control of the Senate (while Jeffords was still a Republican) the rest of the Republicans in the Senate didn't like the accomodations the Trent gave the Democrats. When Jeffords switched parties and Puff and company took over, Puff made no counter-accomodations and ruled with an iron hand, obstructing everything. Now with the Republicans getting ready to take control again, I don't think the Republicans were willing to chance Trent giving away the farm again. So when the Demos came up with this bogus hoopla, the Republicans merely hopped on the train and used this as the excuse to get rid of Trent without exposing the true motives.

One man's opinion.

Nox
 #2 
Old 2002-12-21, 00:06
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Trent Lott resigned

I'd have to agree with Nox. Trent was dumped for political reasons, not because of his supposed "racism." They fact of the matter is, the GOP can come up with better leaders than Trent - ones who know the difference between compromise and servile cock-sucking. His comment provided a convenient cover, though, both dismissing an ineffective leader and showing that they "really do care about fixing our race problems" in one fell swoop. I'm not a Republican, but I must say, jolly good show.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-21, 00:50
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Trent Lott resigned

I won't miss the Trentster, but wasn't all this being pushed by Dubya's aide? I heard he didn't like Trent and when the fire started smoking, he threw on some gas.

I just love back stabbing politics.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-21, 00:56
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Trent Lott resigned

Me too.

What I really want to know is the real story behind Dicky Gebhart.

Nox
 #5 
Old 2002-12-21, 04:47
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Trent Lott resigned

Shitty election, and some poor dumb bitch had to take the fall. Obviously Daschle couldn't take the fall, because he's supposed to be the steadfast defender of American Liberty against the eeeeeeeevil Republicans (*suppressed snicker*). So instead Dick goes down, under the pretenses of preparing for his (utterly doomed) presidential campaign. That's my opinion, but before you judge me, try to keep in mind the fact that I've been drinking whiskey while writing this.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-21, 11:16
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Trent Lott resigned

quote:
Originally posted by Armed&Angry:
I've been drinking whiskey while writing this.


I noticed that you never offered to share.

Nox
 #7 
Old 2002-12-21, 14:41
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Trent Lott resigned

Come now, Nox! You know you're always welcome in my abode. Not that you know where it is...
 #8 
Old 2002-12-21, 15:12
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Trent Lott resigned

I accept your gracious invitation. I'll be there on ...

Nox
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics