About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-15, 11:53
ChuckStone ChuckStone is offline
Regular
 
Default Nox the meglomaniac

Nox is power mad and he must be stopped.

I was modierated for expresseing an opinion he didn't like and he said he "had to make an example of me". Sounds like the words of a dictator to me. And this is the man who fixes your elections for you - he is a dangerous lunatic.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-15, 11:57
Regular
 
Default Re: Nox the meglomaniac

Nox has no megalomanic tendencies whatsoever, and is vehemently opposed to censorship.

[This message has been edited by Nox (edited 12-15-2002).]

 #3 
Old 2002-12-15, 11:59
ChuckStone ChuckStone is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nox the meglomaniac

Then why was I censored for a crime as menial as accusing the USA of having a short history?

And yes, I have noticed the irony

[This message has been edited by ChuckStone (edited 12-15-2002).]
 #4 
Old 2002-12-15, 14:37
Regular
 
Default Re: Nox the meglomaniac

Nox only censors stupidity, and that's cool with me.

lol, good one FOAD.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-15, 15:06
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nox the meglomaniac

ChuckStone, you would do well to respect your smarters.

Nox censored you, not because the facts you presented were unwanted, but because they were not in any way factual. Since you opened the Che Guevara thread, you've done nothing but evade logic and ignore reality. It's absolutely impossible to have a serious discussion when you use such ridiculous tactics. You should be glad Nox stopped the rest of us from seeing whatever foolish tripe you posted.

Totse is a voluntary association. If you don't like Nox's "megalomania," - apparently your term for "not having an unlimited supply of patience with morons" - do us all a favor and go away.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-15, 15:27
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nox the meglomaniac

And what fancy word can we label Mr. Stone with?

Paranoid?

Contemptuous?

Ignominious?

Avaricious?

Ignorant?

They all fit.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-15, 16:05
ChuckStone ChuckStone is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nox the meglomaniac

Yes I am paranoid and comptemptuous. And seeing as a don't know what the next two words mean I guess you've got me on the ignorant.

Nox has on several occasions spoke out against censorship but he has censored me for that. And it is only his opinion that it is moronic (and yours too).

Ever since I started the Guevara thread I have merely offered an alternative point of view to that which is considered the norm. And I have never evaded logic, far from it. I cannot respect my smarters if Nox represents my "smarters" (or sheep).
 #8 
Old 2002-12-15, 16:26
NukeChild NukeChild is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nox the meglomaniac

An alternative view is not automatically a legitimate view. I could claim that man never landed on the moon or that our teeth fillings are being used by the government to monitor our thoughts, but I should expect to be laughed out of existence.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-15, 18:24
Regular
 
Default Re: Nox the meglomaniac

In this case, Nox's censorship would appear to be unneccesary, since we could have had a good laugh at your expense if your post had been left. Having said that, there were a lot of your topics that a genuinely authoritarian moderator would be able to claim justification for moving to "Bitch and Moan". Presumably Nox has more patience than a lot of people give him credit for.

quote:
Originally posted by NukeChild:
I could claim that man never landed on the moon or that our teeth fillings are being used by the government to monitor our thoughts, but I should expect to be laughed out of existence
People in the Conspiracy forum would take you seriously...
 #10 
Old 2002-12-15, 18:27
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nox the meglomaniac

Why do so many people hate Nox...I don't get it...I think he does a good job myself...
 #11 
Old 2002-12-15, 21:24
NukeChild NukeChild is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nox the meglomaniac

Hehe, apparently, that is the problem.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-15, 21:44
HomerJay603 HomerJay603 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nox the meglomaniac

For my short time at this forum, I have not been able to completely learn the works of the totse politics forum, but I have noticed this, Nox censors anything against himself. Whether or not his censorship of other things is warranted, nox's censorship of anti-nox comments and topics is bad. Everyone should be able to take some criticism.

Homer
 #13 
Old 2002-12-15, 22:47
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nox the meglomaniac

i hope that nox does not reply to this shite topic...

All you want is a little battle


[This message has been edited by piggarro99 (edited 12-15-2002).]
 #14 
Old 2002-12-15, 23:34
Regular
 
eagan mn usa
Default Re: Nox the meglomaniac

quote:
Originally posted by piggarro99:
i hope that nox does not reply to this shite topic...

All you want is a little battle


[This message has been edited by piggarro99 (edited 12-15-2002).]


I believe he may have........

Nox has no megalomanic tendencies whatsoever, and is vehemently opposed to censorship.

[This message has been edited by Nox (edited 12-15-2002).]




 #15 
Old 2002-12-16, 01:01
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nox the meglomaniac

Well, I suppose it's time I responded to the latest "I hate Nox thread". And thank you Chucky, it has been a little over a week since the last one ... which was deleted by the person who originated it (what a pity because I was beginning to enjoy it).

All this means is now Wintermute needs to start taking Giant Economy sized Bitch pills so she can keep ahead of me in the "I hate ..." threads.

A couple things for the record before I lock and move this to the forum it belongs in:

First: Homer, I do not censor shots at myself. My attitude is, if I can't give a rational answer for what I do, I try not to do it. People who want to make a valid shot at me, go ahead ... and believe it or not I do desire constructive criticism. As far as false criticism, that is exactly what the last "I hate Nox thread" was. I have no clue who that person was/is or what they were talking about. And as I said previously, I DID NOT DELETE IT.

Second: Chucky, I don't know for a fact that I am 'smarter' than you (haven't compared IQ's - nor do I intend to), but I do know that I am far more experienced than you. When I say that I have been to such and so a place, I really have been there - unlike you.

I have not, and will not censor opinions. However, Chucky I warned you about putting out absolute falsehoods. Only two people that I know of, know for sure what you put in the post I deleted. You have already falsely claimed that you stated that the US had a "short history". What you said was that the US had "no history". For that moronic drivel, I deleted the entire set of garbage you posted.

I have told you multiple times before to 'engage brain before engaging keyboard'. I have also made multiple suggestions that you read (as in proofread) the stuff you write.

You have consistently failed to do same.

I will tell you this again: If you do not like the way that I "run" the politics forum, send an email to the Totse complaint department.

My intention is to run an intelligent forum where intelligent people can freely intercourse with having the perpetual drivel the bombshock community provides. Your unsubstantiated drivel and lies have no place in the politics forum. On the other hand, well reasoned, well thought out opinions are welcome.

Politically, you and I do not see eye to eye. Politics is not the problem here. I will say that one more time, POLITICS IS NOT THE PROBLEM HERE.

'Nuf said.

Locking this here and moving to Bitch and Moan for anyone else to take a shot.

Nox
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics