About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-12, 23:08
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Henry Kissinger ... round 2

I heard on the news tonight that the Demo's are calling for Henry to make a full financial disclosure.

I am not a Henry fan (obviously) and my initial reaction to the Demo's was "here they go again".

However, I got to thinking about it and I asked myself, "Where does Henry get his money?" "What service does a former Secretary of State provide a client when he/she acts as a 'consultant'?" Then a flash came to me when I remembered that the Saudi's are on a big PR campaign. Now we have completed a lap because we are back where we began ... Henry, where do you get your money? Henry, do you work for the Saudi's? Henry, does any of your money come from any country/group which you may be investigating?

If so, Henry, take a hike from that commission.

*Methinks there may be more to the story why George Mitchell 'took a hike'.*

Nox
 #2 
Old 2002-12-12, 23:42
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Henry Kissinger ... round 2

Mr. Nox, don't you remember all the talk when he was Sec. of State under Nixon? How Kissinger was Tricky Dick's right hand, yet all through Watergate no one even looked his way. And there were many stories of how he got the arabs to agree to things no one else could get them to.

If Henry doesn't spill the beans on where his money comes from, I don't think there is any institution running now that could find it out. You can't live like he does on money from speaking engagements a few times a month. But who knows anything about him? Exactly what nationality is he? Hell, I don't even know if he is married now or ever was. He's one of those guys who is in all the pictures with all the right people, yet he is a bit of a spook.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-12, 23:53
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Henry Kissinger ... round 2

quote:
Originally posted by Global Dominator:
Exactly what nationality is he? Hell, I don't even know if he is married now or ever was.


I'll give you a quickie on all I 'know' about Henry's past ... there's probably a lot more on the web but I don't want to bother looking it up.

Henry (a former native German) was Tricky Dicks' History/Pol Science professor in college. Dick got elected and Henry rode the coat tails. While Henry was Secretary of State, a Hollywood actress, Jill St. John (a good looking red-head) caught Henry's eye and they married (later divorcing).

Edit: typo

Nox

[This message has been edited by Nox (edited 12-12-2002).]
 #4 
Old 2002-12-13, 00:40
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Henry Kissinger ... round 2

I have a whole lot more respect for Henry if he really nailed Jill St. John back in the 70's.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-13, 03:17
Templeton Templeton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Henry Kissinger ... round 2

quote:

*Methinks there may be more to the story why George Mitchell 'took a hike'.



Something happened, unfortunately we probably wont find out for years.


quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
I heard on the news tonight that the Demo's are calling for Henry to make a full financial disclosure.


I think quite a few people from quite a few countries would be interested in that report.

Speaking of disclosures... or lack thereof.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,857572,00.html

Unfortunate...



 #6 
Old 2002-12-13, 23:03
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Henry Kissinger ... round 2

My, my ... Henry resigned from the commission. He wouldn't make financial disclosure. Good ridance.

Nox
 #7 
Old 2002-12-14, 00:00
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Henry Kissinger ... round 2

But he laid some spin on his resignation, saying he thought it wasn't right to disclose who the customers of his "consulting" business were.

What exactly are we "consulting" on Henry?

And what the hell bit of difference would it make to anyone who used the firm, unless we were consulting on things we shouldn't have?

The fish is starting to smell, somebody toss it out.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-15, 19:51
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: Henry Kissinger ... round 2

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
I'll give you a quickie on all I 'know' about Henry's past ... there's probably a lot more on the web but I don't want to bother looking it up.

Henry (a former native German) was Tricky Dicks' History/Pol Science professor in college. Dick got elected and Henry rode the coat tails. While Henry was Secretary of State, a Hollywood actress, Jill St. John (a good looking red-head) caught Henry's eye and they married (later divorcing).

Edit: typo

Nox

[This message has been edited by Nox (edited 12-12-2002).]



That's strange. According to something on him at CNN he taught at Harvard. But Nixon went to Duke...
 #9 
Old 2002-12-15, 20:15
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Henry Kissinger ... round 2

You could be correct ... I just repeated what I remembered, which apparently is incorrect. Thanks for the heads up.

Nox
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics