|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-10-27, 20:42
|
UnclNastyFingerz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
"Huh? Where the hell is that?"
|
|
#2
 2002-10-27, 21:05
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
Then I guess I'm not typical.
Nox
|
|
#3
 2002-10-27, 21:06
|
UnclNastyFingerz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
You're not. The typical American wouldn't be posting in the Politics forum of a subversive bulletin board.
|
|
#4
 2002-10-27, 21:43
|
Jacross 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
it wasnt that funny when SOMEBODY ELSE posted that on the offspring.com board.
|
|
#5
 2002-10-27, 22:08
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
I didnt know where Bali was either. So what?
And what the hell is subversive about Totse? Stop being a poser.
|
|
#6
 2002-10-27, 22:18
|
UnclNastyFingerz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
I dunno, I didn't see it - haven't been there in about a year.
Totse is subversive because it has information on how to make explosives, make and safely distribute any drug, rob a bank and get away, kill a cop and get away with it, succesfully date rape a woman and have her not remember it, and torture animals.
|
|
#7
 2002-10-27, 22:20
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
I post on the politics board and Ive never read one letter of any of all that bullshit.
|
|
#8
 2002-10-27, 22:23
|
phender 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
Come on man, does it have to be spelled out for you, I know Enigma says that this place is about information of all types, and maybe he intended it to be so. But, look to the menu on your left, I don't know about you but I see things like "Bad Ideas" "Conspiracy" "Drugs" etc... What I am not seeing are such sections as "The Beauty of Democracy" "Patriotism" and what have you. Regardless of what Taipan Enigma SAID this site is about, if you look around it youll probably see that most of the information held here is not something that the powers in the White House or your parents for that matter, would find the least bit enlightening.
|
|
#9
 2002-10-27, 22:24
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
Posting on the politics board has nothing to do with the databank here.
|
|
#10
 2002-10-27, 22:27
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
No, but it is the non-subversive Politics Borad of a subversive site.
|
|
#11
 2002-10-27, 22:28
|
phender 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
i was talking about what you said before about "what the hell is so subversive about totse" but then you guys both posted so quickly.
|
|
#12
 2002-10-27, 22:28
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
Wait...it is subversive!
I remember a time in November when someone was trying to organize a revolt against the King of Belgium.
|
|
#13
 2002-10-27, 22:29
|
phender 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
wow look at the timings of these posts this is like irc for christ's sake, sorry for the content of my post mod's but i just had to mention it.
|
|
#14
 2002-10-27, 22:30
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
quote: The typical American wouldn't be posting in the Politics forum of a subversive bulletin board
This bbs isn't subversive in any way. This is about free flow of information, not subverting law by actually using the information obtained here.
|
|
#15
 2002-10-27, 22:51
|
buttthrax 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
Totse is freedom of speech in it's purest form. Actually, Bitch and Moan is cause you can put anything there.
|
|
#16
 2002-10-27, 22:53
|
|
Regular
|
|
Sweden Hyperborea
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
The only ones who can decide whether totse, or anything, is subversive, are the people in power at the moment of the decision. What�s not subversive today, could be considered so tomorrow.
Another point is that "ordinary crimes", like robbery, are not usually considered subversive at all. Not unless it�s organised to make a blow at the state.
FoxLeonard
|
|
#17
 2002-10-28, 08:36
|
Jacross 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
quote: Originally posted by UnclNastyFingerz: I dunno, I didn't see it - haven't been there in about a year.
you lie, you were there 3 days ago
|
|
#18
 2002-10-28, 11:00
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
quote: Originally posted by Jacross: you lie,
A rather common occurance for the aforementioned. Nox
|
|
#19
 2002-10-28, 11:16
|
|
Regular
|
|
the happy land of australia
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
hate to interrupt ladies, but im going back to the original topic.
i think australias reaction has been good. there has been enforced patriotism, and although there is alot of shows of the victims around, it has got no where near the emotional pornography that the world had forced down its throught post S11.
there has been no people running around blindly suggesting that we attack an entire country with little connection to the attack like a bull blinded with rage. there has been an orderly investigation, and although it is conducted fairly secretly, we have actaully arrested someone in connection (allegedly), not just blew up desert until we felt better.
judging from the opinion page of the main newspaper, most people are happy to let the state do its work and catch the people who did it, except for those who for some reason equate indonesian fundementalists with iraq.
one thing that i have noticed is that australia has produced results in its investigations. we arrested a whole bunch of people (one today that theyve been trying to get since the day it happened) and they will have proper trials, with evidence and everything, something america can overlook when it feels like it.
i also notice the hypocrisy with america. they want the entire world to help after S11 (granted, it was alot bigger, but the same idea) but there is crap all mention and even less help from america at the moment. we had the tins rattling down the road for S11, (as we do now), but im guessing that there is bare coverage in america now.
there is little civil rights crackdowns at the moment, with alot of political groups saying outright no to any tightening.
its seems to be the complete opposite to the cheap and crass post S11 'celebrations' and gorging.
|
|
#20
 2002-10-28, 14:44
|
YouAreNotYourKhakis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
quote: Originally posted by UnclNastyFingerz: "Huh? Where the hell is that?"
... So? I hate that sentiment that has been thrown at me by some Canucks. Just because I may not know every fucking location in the rest of the country I am self-centered. Well I am more concerned in American geography than the rest of the world. I know where probably 80% of the countries in the world are, and won't proffess to knowing ones are when I don't. Let me ask a limey if he knows what the capital of Kansas is, and see if I throw a fit if he doesn't...
|
|
#21
 2002-10-28, 18:19
|
UnclNastyFingerz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
Americans don't know shit about the world around them. Bali is one thing, but there are people in my class that think Amsterdam is a country, and think that Shanghai is a marshall art.
|
|
#22
 2002-10-28, 18:45
|
|
Regular
|
|
Sweden Hyperborea
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
Swedes (and other Europeans) often make jokes about the US Americans� ignorance about Europe. The most common joke is that Americans can�t distinguish between Sweden and Switzerland.
Most of the people who throw this joke around, as well as those who laugh at it and nodd knowingly, believe that Washington is the state where the US capital city Washington is located. Some even believe that New York is the capital city. Those who know better believe that New York is a city - period. Most people know the approximate locations of New York, Florida, Texas and California. All other states� locations they have to look for on a map. And they wont even bother to look for Maine, because they don�t know that it exists. If they�ve happened to hear the name, they believe it to be a city rather than a state.
Uncl�s mentioning of Amsterdam reminds me that most Swedes know that Amsterdam is the capital city of Holland (or the Netherlands), but they don�t often know that the residential city - where the government sits - is Den Haag, or officially: `s-Gravenhage (no, it�s not a typo).
It may be true that US Americans are somewhat ignorant about the world around them, but if so they�re for sure not alone!
FoxLeonard
|
|
#23
 2002-10-28, 18:50
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
Isn't the Hague just an offshoot of Amsterdam? Or am I fearfully ignorant?
|
|
#24
 2002-10-28, 19:12
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
I think most of the world has no clue what goes on in the rest of it. Then again, most people don't have access to information about the rest of the world, but, like Americans, I am sure they wouldn't bother with it if they did have it.
When I told people I was moving to England, they asked where it was.....
|
|
#25
 2002-10-28, 21:44
|
|
Regular
|
|
Sweden Hyperborea
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
quote: Originally posted by VeneFrigus: Isn't the Hague just an offshoot of Amsterdam? Or am I fearfully ignorant?
I could answer both questions with: Not really. `s-Gravenhage (I like writing that) is about ten kilometers from Amsterdam, and they are growing together into one bigger city. But they are in every other respect two different cities; i.e. `s-Gravenhage is not some kind of suburb. FoxLeonard
|
|
#26
 2002-10-29, 00:26
|
UnclNastyFingerz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
Swedes don't know the basic topography and geographic features of the United States.
I do not know the various regions of Sweden, nor d I expect American to. I do expect most people in my country to know the difference between Sweden and the language Swahili.
|
|
#27
 2002-12-13, 12:58
|
ChuckStone 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Typical American reaction to the bombing in Bali
I was once in Stratford-upon-Avon and I saw an American couple looking at the river. The guy then shout "HEY THAT MUST BE THE THAMES" (pronounced Faymes). First of all it is pronounced Temms, and second of all the town is NOT called Stratford-upon-Thames.
That's not an isolated incident. I was once asked if I knew "John from London". And once a guy came up to me and asked me what this meant "�".
When asked to point on a map, only 87% could accurately point out the USA.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|