|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-10-26, 23:46
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Something interesting
I received this email earlier today:
"If you had done any research you wouldn've known who I was. Why bother flaming me any more? Now you're going to have to make me create another account. Thanks."
I responded that I had no idea what he was talking about and asked for the "flame" I had given. I got this reply:
"You may not see it because you delude yourself any imperfection. You single me out whether you know it or not. And you're right, you never 'flamed' me on the Ubiloz screen name.
Dion,I notice you claim Linhai China as home.Two questions if you don't mind:Is Linhai on the mainland?If so, what happened to the web barrier that I heard the government is using?Nox
You inadvertently single me out. Why? And I'd like to know how old you are, and if you're male or female. Also I'd like to know why you participate very little on the BBS."
My reply was this:
"I asked a legitimate question because I was curious how someone from China could get through the government screen. The only option I could think of was Taiwan. Now if you have some problem with that and interpret what I asked as flaming, then my friend YOU have a problem, not me."
For those who are plagued with paranoia, get professional help. I do not 'research' peoples' screen names, nor their screen name history. I take people at face value and try not to carry a grudge. Now, Dion, you have probably changed screen names by now, so get over it, whatever "it" was.
Nox
|
|
#2
 2002-10-27, 00:13
|
|
Regular
|
|
Sweden Hyperborea
|
|
Re: Something interesting
Nox
They actually have underground internet facilities in China. And they get through to the rest of us, from time to time at least. By hacking, I guess. I know nothing about computers or IT...
I also guess that the Chinese authorities use this to gather information about subversive movements, and therefore "help" them to get through.
From time to time they raid the hiding places, but others grow up instead.
And, by the way:
The paranoids are right! They�ve got lots of enemies!
Ewige Blumenkraft! FoxLeonard
|
|
#3
 2002-10-27, 01:20
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Something interesting
I suspected that, didn't know for sure. It makes sense. There is no one in either China that I am in contact with although I did spend some time in Taiwan.
Nox
|
|
#4
 2002-10-27, 01:25
|
Agent Boris_KGB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Something interesting
I really dont see why people hate you Nox...If you flamed them or me for that fact,They/I deserved it...I mean these little pussys cant take everything into offence....
|
|
#5
 2002-10-27, 01:56
|
UnclNastyFingerz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Something interesting
The Chinese government isn't capable of regulating three hundred million internet connections. Alot of people have illegal lines, and their are several underground facilities. People can maintain an unregistered internet connection that register it with the government as a phoneline, too.
|
|
#6
 2002-10-27, 06:29
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Something interesting
*Shakes head in disapproval* I'm not going to get mad as other idiots do (Karl, Jsaxton) I just wonder what sick desperation you have in your life as to why you must make personal matters public. Are you that lonely?
|
|
#7
 2002-10-27, 07:46
|
Jacross 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Something interesting
you questioned his role and behaviour as moderator.
he is pointing out that you are a moron.
and there is nothing private, you made it public first with all your bullshit
|
|
#8
 2002-10-28, 09:24
|
preying mantis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Something interesting
And we'll leave it at that. If you want to bitch at each other, then do it via other channels.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|