About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-25, 19:15
KarlMarxxxx KarlMarxxxx is offline
Regular
 
Default The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

If you have watched the american news lately, you should know that Sen. Paul Wellstone.
First of all, I have been told that you are supposed to speak good of the dead, but I have always thought it is better to speak truth of the dead.
To do so, first, I will say this:
PAUL WELLSTONE WAS AN IDIOT
I swear, I have never heard of another polititian that has litterally been voted as "biggest windbag on capitol hill." Often times, I would listen to wellstone talk and wonder "is this guy trying to make a point, or just speaking to hear himself talk?"
Not only that, but EVERY idea of his own that he ever pushed was really stupid. He actually in a campaign add said "Paul Wellstone is concerned about the economy" Then he gave a bunch of ideas to increase the economy and among that he added "and increase the minnimum wage." Anyone who saw that and had taken a junior high economics class would know that idea is that an ape would come up with (like a liberal Bush). This guy was as much a disgrace to Minnesota as that neanderthal govenor (Jesse Ventura, the former wrestler).

When I proposed to my liberal friends that Norm Coleman (the republican candidate) was the way to go, they said "you're wrong," and now I can say, "You thought I was wrong, but apparently God certainly thinks I was right!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA"

There is nothing bad about this guy's death, nothing at all.

[This message has been edited by KarlMarxxxx (edited 10-25-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-10-25, 19:28
jsaxton14 jsaxton14 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

You seem rather insensitive, Karl, much like myself. I think it is hilarious that this guy died while campaigning for his third term, which he promised he wouldn't do. Well, not only did he die, but he took his family with him. However, he was a good guy, but his political beliefs were extremely flawed, and he didn't know when to shut up. Well, life goes on, well, not for Paul, but for the rest of us, life goes on.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-25, 19:31
jsaxton14 jsaxton14 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

The stock market is up triple digits today for a reason
 #4 
Old 2002-10-25, 19:37
KarlMarxxxx KarlMarxxxx is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

I would also like to point out that my opinion on this issue is not a partizan one.

I am neither democratic or republican, but Paulie was a total idiot.
He bought every election he was in with EXTREMELY negative adds and a lot of them.

He was not as nice a guy as he said he was or everyone else says he was, all his adds were unusually mean and did little but warp the truth.

I feel no sympathy for him nor for his spawn.

He deserved this.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-25, 19:38
buttthrax buttthrax is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

It's a Wall Street conspiracy!!!!!!!!...

Or maybe Al-Qaeda, or Republican sabotage, or maybe his plane simply sucked.

So, he was a huge liberal. He won't be missed politically.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-25, 19:39
KarlMarxxxx KarlMarxxxx is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

quote:
Originally posted by buttthrax:
It's a Wall Street conspiracy!!!!!!!!...

Or maybe Al-Qaeda, or Republican sabotage, or maybe his plane simply sucked.

So, he was a huge liberal. He won't be missed politically.



damn right he won't.

Yes, if he was a mainstream huge liberal, then he would be missed by liberals, but not even democrats liked this guy, he got nothing done, he was an idiot.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-25, 20:17
HomerJay603 HomerJay603 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

Although I agree with you guys that Paul wellstone is an idiot, there are two things here that bother me:
1)You guys need to be more empathetic! A guy died for god's sake!! You both are going to hell.
2)I can't believe you two ass clowns are in my state. If anyone here is a disgrace, you are.
2b)I can't believe you two ass clowns are in my country, You are a disgrace.
2c)I can't believe you two ass clowns are on the earth. You are a disgrace. When the green people visit earth, they are going to look at the two of you and are going to say "ewwwwwwww, nerds"

Homer
 #8 
Old 2002-10-25, 20:33
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

quote:
Originally posted by buttthrax:
or maybe his plane simply sucked.


They were flying in icing conditions. Sounds to me like the pilot didn't do his job. If he was in icing conditions, he is supposed to get out of icing conditions (with the plane still flying). Unfortunately for everyone, the pilot did 'get out' of icing conditions.

Nox
 #9 
Old 2002-10-25, 20:36
HomerJay603 HomerJay603 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
They were flying in icing conditions. Sounds to me like the pilot didn't do his job. If he was in icing conditions, he is supposed to get out of icing conditions (with the plane still flying). Unfortunately for everyone, the pilot did 'get out' of icing conditions.

Nox



If you know anything about Paul Wellstone, he is someone who may have forced the pilot to go into icy conditions because he thought that the pilot was exagurating, or if he had a deadline.

like myself, jsaxton and karl have noted, he was an idiot.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-25, 21:11
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

I understand your point, however, the Pilot is in total charge of the aircraft. If that pilot kowtowed to Wellstone that is unfortunate. The blame rests solely with the Pilot (aka the Moderator of his forum). If the Pilot was pressured into a bad decision, then he had no business being a pilot. That point is now moot.

Nox
 #11 
Old 2002-10-26, 21:15
neomas372 neomas372 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

I thought wellstone was the one flying the plane-it was his own fault
 #12 
Old 2002-10-26, 21:23
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

It was my understanding that there were two pilots on board (in addition to Wellstone). If Wellstone was in the seat, all the more reason the Pilot in Command is at fault- singularly.

Nox
 #13 
Old 2002-10-27, 00:48
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

I could care less. I hate the "Democratc" american government. our government keeps having the power recycled. Ex.) George Bush Sr. then George Bush Jr. or the Kennedys.
 #14 
Old 2002-10-27, 01:17
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

Or the Adams', or the Roosevelt's

Nox
 #15 
Old 2002-10-27, 01:50
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

I personally think Paul Welstone was a frontrunner. That doesn't mean the plaincrash that killed him or his family was in any way his responsibility.And even though he was a front runner, I'd prefer him to the great majority of the remaining senate.

I'd have alot more respect for him if he stopped sucking up to the Democrats in order to maintain a spot in the senate and join a third party, since the ideals he claimed to stand for don't fit his party's agenda.
 #16 
Old 2002-10-27, 19:59
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

I think that unless you work for a lobbying company (or from the guys state), any opinion you present about him is probably not yours, and just recycled from some Noam Chomsky discussion board. No one had an opinion of, or even really knew of, the guy before he died. Shut up.

 #17 
Old 2002-10-27, 20:34
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

You're telling me people shouldn't be involved enough in their government to be aware of what their senators do? That's fucked up, I'd expect it from some politically apathetic death rocker.

[This message has been edited by UnclNastyFingerz (edited 10-27-2002).]
 #18 
Old 2002-10-28, 02:14
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

Do you mean to tell me you expected to fall for the 'look at how savvy I am' cause celebre commentary like it was your own?
 #19 
Old 2002-10-28, 14:53
YouAreNotYourKhakis YouAreNotYourKhakis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

quote:
Originally posted by jsaxton14:
The stock market is up triple digits today for a reason


Damn, lets hope this is conclusive that any death in a liberal makes the market perform better.

Sounds like something you'd find in a fortune cookie: "Death of Windbag-Liars-MoneyFools make Capitalism Happy!"

I love Capitalism! I hate Democrats!

 #20 
Old 2002-10-29, 15:22
HomerJay603 HomerJay603 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

quote:
Originally posted by UnclNastyFingerz:
I personally think Paul Welstone was a frontrunner. That doesn't mean the plaincrash that killed him or his family was in any way his responsibility.And even though he was a front runner, I'd prefer him to the great majority of the remaining senate.

I'd have alot more respect for him if he stopped sucking up to the Democrats in order to maintain a spot in the senate and join a third party, since the ideals he claimed to stand for don't fit his party's agenda.



Paul Wellstone was indeed a frontrunner.
He was the first senator to die in a plane crash in quite a long time!!!!
Let's just hope the other knee-jerk liberals drop out of the sky in short order. Here is my list of people I hope die on the first plane:
Tipper Gore
Al Gore
Hillary clinton

There are more I hope die in short order, but those 3 need to die very soon.
Please tell me who YOU think should die soon.

Homer

[This message has been edited by HomerJay603 (edited 10-29-2002).]
 #21 
Old 2002-10-29, 18:16
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

You really consider Al Gore a liberal? Al Gore is a NeoConservative, like George Bush.

Hillary is a liberal, and I'd be all up killing her, but Cheney, Rumsfeld, Supreme Court Justice Anton Scaglia (sp?), Trent Lott, and John Ashcroft should die first.

I also wanna kill whoever the drug czar is, because just holding the position "drug czar" warrents immediate extermination.
 #22 
Old 2002-10-29, 18:38
HomerJay603 HomerJay603 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

quote:
Originally posted by UnclNastyFingerz:
You really consider Al Gore a liberal? Al Gore is a NeoConservative, like George Bush.

Hillary is a liberal, and I'd be all up killing her, but Cheney, Rumsfeld, Supreme Court Justice Anton Scaglia (sp?), Trent Lott, and John Ashcroft should die first.

I also wanna kill whoever the drug czar is, because just holding the position "drug czar" warrents immediate extermination.



Drug czar?
Is that like some guy in the government who is trying to take away drugs, or some cool drug lord, becuase frankly, I think the war on drugs is total bullshit.
 #23 
Old 2002-10-29, 23:21
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

The Drug Czar is the Drug War head honcho. Just the name says everything.
 #24 
Old 2002-10-30, 01:34
ridemypony ridemypony is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jsaxton14:
[B]You seem rather insensitive, Karl, much like myself. I think it is hilarious that this guy died while campaigning for his third term, which he promised he wouldn't do. Well, not only did he die, but he took his family with him. "

Speaking of AssClowns... Hey moron, he was flying on private business, to a funeral, it had nothing to do with campaigning. It just goes to show how ignorant you rushlimbites are, you only know what someone else tells you. And KarlMarxx or whatever...Your opinions are completely sophomoric, nothing you says makes sense. You didn't like Wellstone, good for you, but please do not throw out your third-grade political opinions. Like most of your types, you are great at criticizing, but have no knowledge or experience to backup your yammering. Go back to your cry baby chat groups where politically infirm people like yourself make fun of people who work for minimum wage and the like. Of course you work at McDonald's, but you make .29 over the Fed minimum wage so what's it to you?
 #25 
Old 2002-10-30, 09:41
YouAreNotYourKhakis YouAreNotYourKhakis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The horrible tradegy of Paul Wellstone..... tehe

quote:
Originally posted by ridemypony:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jsaxton14:
[B]It just goes to show how ignorant you rushlimbites are, you only know what someone else tells you.



That's severly off base...

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics