|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-10-24, 20:46
|
jsaxton14 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Midterm elections and a couple comments about a moderator
In the short time I have been here at totse, I have noticed several things about a certain moderator. This moderator a very intelligent person, and could contribute quite a bit to totse if it were not for their arrogance. This moderator flames 12 year olds on a daily basis for mild grammatical errors. I wouldn't be suprised if he gets a big ego boost from this. This moderator also feels it is necessary to move any topic that he doesn't like to another board, where it will not be noticed. He also has a reputation for closing perfectly relevant topics. However, this is not limited to just this board, I have also seen the wrath of Nox on the Bad Ideas board. From what I have seen, I would estimate that only 20-30% of Nox's posts actually contribute something relevant to the board. The rest of the time he is bitching and moaning, about other people bitching and moaning about him. I personally am sick of this and will probably stop posting here soon, simply because Nox and a few others feel that it is their duty to contaminate this board with their useless posts.
Well, to prevent this topic from rightfully being moved to the bitch and moan section, I will add something political. I was wondering who do you guys think will take control of the house and senate. I think that the Republicans will take both, but the dems have a shot at the senate :-(
|
|
#2
 2002-10-24, 21:05
|
UnclNastyFingerz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Midterm elections and a couple comments about a moderator
I'm pretty sure he hates just about everything I post, but hasn't blocked or moved anything.
|
|
#3
 2002-10-24, 22:04
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Midterm elections and a couple comments about a moderator
quote: Originally posted by jsaxton14: This moderator a very intelligent person, and could contribute quite a bit to totse if it were not for their arrogance.
I would estimate that only 20-30% of Nox's posts actually contribute something relevant to the board.
I think I've figured out who you are talking about. If I 'could' contribute, do I? Your statements are contridictory. quote: Originally posted by jsaxton14: This moderator flames 12 year olds on a daily basis for mild grammatical errors.
You define lack of: capital letters, apostrophes, commas, periods, and proper spelling as 'mild grammatical errors'. 'Mild' is a major understatement according to my definition. I consider readable and comprehensible English as a major requirement for any English-speaking person to be taken seriously. This is a serious, political forum. i b gonna tel u wat i meen, is indicative of a moron who requires me to decode, then translate the meaning intended. I refuse to waste my time on that nonsense. If I can accomplish on this board what some 12-year-old refuses to learn/do in the classroom, so much the better. However, if I fail to accomplish that task, it is no loss to me. I can effectively communicate. It is my desire to show by example how others can also do the same. Fortunately for me, there are many many others on Totse who as as adept (if not more so) in English language communication (One is a Swede) than I. It is indeed a pleasure having intercourse with them. quote: Originally posted by jsaxton14: This moderator also feels it is necessary to move any topic that he doesn't like to another board, where it will not be noticed.
I have moved a total of 6 topics since I have been a Moderator (4 very recently). NEVER, I repeat, NEVER have I moved a topic because I didn't like it. I have moved topics because the content was suited to the board it was moved to. For the record there are multiple topics that I don't agree with, some of them I don't really like either, but NEVER have my personal politics/attitudes affected my judgement on what to do with an individual topic. quote: Originally posted by jsaxton14: I have also seen the wrath of Nox on the Bad Ideas board.
Yeah, ain't it GREAT! Put out a bad idea, I leave it alone. Put out a felony idea and I'm on it like odor on feces. quote: Originally posted by jsaxton14: He also has a reputation for closing perfectly relevant topics.
I have closed one whole topic. "Perfectly relevant" NO. By the way, if you haven't noticed, I have given two explanations: One on the closed topic itself, another was the subject of a topic. quote: Originally posted by jsaxton14: The rest of the time he is bitching and moaning, about other people bitching and moaning about him.
Again, NEVER. There have been multiple 'I Hate Nox' topics. Check the archives son, Nox has not bellyached about someone 'bitching and moaning' about him. I have explained my positions as to why I do/have done things, but anyone is free to take their shots at me (I return fire gladly). quote: Originally posted by jsaxton14: I personally am sick of this and will probably stop posting here soon
That is your choice....by the way, Goodbye (In case I miss your departure date). Don't forget to posit your concerns with the Totse Administrators. They need to be made aware of any and all foibles I commit as a Moderator. It is their judgement as to how long I retain the Moderator responsibilities/priviledges. quote: Originally posted by jsaxton14: I will add something political. I was wondering who do you guys think will take control of the house and senate. I think that the Republicans will take both, but the dems have a shot at the senate :-(
I agree with you. quote: Originally posted by jsaxton14: This moderator a very intelligent person
Thank you. Nox
|
|
#4
 2002-10-24, 23:03
|
KarlMarxxxx 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Midterm elections and a couple comments about a moderator
Jsaxton is right. Within the first 48 hours of being on this message board, I posted a topic to inform people of this site: http://www.indopakistanideadpool.com/ Although this topic was just a link, the site is EXTREMELY political, and could have fit into this board as well as "I found it on the web." I used past tense, because one hour after posting, Nox suggested that it belonged on the "I found it on the web" forum, and an hour after that, forcefully moved the topic to said forum. Somewhere during this time I decided, between a mix of his distaste for my topic and the other posts that he had made, that he was the enemy, and that he must be stoped. JOIN THE REVOLUTION AGAINST THIS TYRANY!! IN EVERY MESSAGE, MENTION THE FACT THAT NOX IS THE ENEMY OF US ALL!!! I agree with Jsaxton that posting on this forum is bad, and I will discontinue doing that. I simply posted this one last time because I wish to spread the word of my cause. I will continue to access this forum and read messages, but I shall not post until I decide to get my revenge on Nox for the injustices that he has leveled against me. I shall do that once I acquire some resources that I need. Until I return my brothers, spread the word of our richeous cause!!!! and, on the midterms, I would have to say that the republicans will sweep congress because of the war 
|
|
#5
 2002-10-24, 23:08
|
preying mantis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Midterm elections and a couple comments about a moderator
I cannot see it, Nox left the 'what was so good about the nazis' topic open. That topic grew into something.
Unlike this whingey bitchy useles thread. Why is it only people with <100 posts seem to have a problems with Nox's moderating skills. I never had a problem. If Lokil was moderator you wouldn't even have any topics.
|
|
#6
 2002-10-24, 23:30
|
preying mantis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Midterm elections and a couple comments about a moderator
And ignore this one too so it dies a quick death.
|
|
#7
 2002-10-24, 23:30
|
jsaxton14 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Midterm elections and a couple comments about a moderator
quote: Originally posted by Nox: If I 'could' contribute, do I? Your statements are contridictory.
You do make many contributions to this board. However, the majority of your comments contribute nothing to this message board, and I would actually say that they are a detrement to it. quote: Originally posted by Nox: You define lack of: capital letters, apostrophes, commas, periods, and proper spelling as 'mild grammatical errors'.
Yes, as a matter of fact I do, with the lone exception of proper spelling. A missed capital letter or apostrophe will not make the message uncomprehendable. I agree that posting in ebonics is just plain stupid. quote: Originally posted by Nox: It is indeed a pleasure having intercourse with them.
Eeewwwwwwwwwwwwww.......... quote: Originally posted by Nox: NEVER, I repeat, NEVER have I moved a topic because I didn't like it. I have moved topics because the content was suited to the board it was moved to. For the record there are multiple topics that I don't agree with, some of them I don't really like either, but NEVER have my personal politics/attitudes affected my judgement on what to do with an individual topic.
You certainly have a double standard. There is a message up right now that is completely unrelated to politics, but you wouldn't want to move something unless it spoke ill of you. quote: Originally posted by Nox: Yeah, ain't it GREAT! Put out a bad idea, I leave it alone. Put out a felony idea and I'm on it like odor on feces.
By definition a felony is a bad idea. Therefore, if somebody posts an idea that happens to involve a felony it is still a bad idea, and should be left alone. quote: Originally posted by Nox: I have closed one whole topic. "Perfectly relevant" NO. By the way, if you haven't noticed, I have given two explanations: One on the closed topic itself, another was the subject of a topic.
It seemed like a conversation starter to me, am I wrong? quote: Originally posted by Nox: Check the archives son
I am not your son, nor would I want to be. quote: Originally posted by Nox: Nox has not bellyached about someone 'bitching and moaning' about him.
I wonder how long you would flame somebody else for speaking in third person? However, most people, like me, would just let an error like this slide. quote: Originally posted by Nox: There have been multiple 'I Hate Nox' topics.
I wonder why? Maybe you can figure it out. quote: Originally posted by Nox: Don't forget to posit your concerns with the Totse Administrators. They need to be made aware of any and all foibles I commit as a Moderator. It is their judgement as to how long I retain the Moderator responsibilities/priviledges.
Thanks for the great idea! They really should know about all the mistakes you make. I hope their judgement is as sound as mine, and you will lose the ability to abuse your moderator privileges. quote: Originally posted by Nox: priviledges
Another error, seems like somebody is a little bit hypocritical. Well, that is all the ranting and raving I will do for now. [This message has been edited by jsaxton14 (edited 10-24-2002).]
|
|
#8
 2002-10-24, 23:49
|
jsaxton14 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Midterm elections and a couple comments about a moderator
quote: Originally posted by KarlMarxxxx: [B]Within the first 48 hours of being on this message board, I posted a topic to inform people of this site: http://www.indopakistanideadpool.com/ Although this topic was just a link, the site is EXTREMELY political, and could have fit into this board as well as "I found it on the web." I used past tense, because one hour after posting, Nox suggested that it belonged on the "I found it on the web" forum, and an hour after that, forcefully moved the topic to said forum. [B]
I like that site, and that is another mistake Nox made. Many messages on this board include links to other websites. I believe Nox was annoyed at you, and with good reason. Nonetheless, he should not have abused his moderator privileges by using them to settle a personal grudge. quote: Originally posted by KarlMarxxxx: [B]JOIN THE REVOLUTION AGAINST THIS TYRANY!! IN EVERY MESSAGE, MENTION THE FACT THAT NOX IS THE ENEMY OF US ALL!!! [B]
That is taking it a little too far. Nox is not my enemy, just a poor moderator. I am not going to start a revolution over this fact. quote: Originally posted by KarlMarxxxx: [B]I will continue to access this forum and read messages, but I shall not post until I decide to get my revenge on Nox for the injustices that he has leveled against me. I shall do that once I acquire some resources that I need. [B]
Ok, I find your posts quite annoying so I won't object. So you are going to spend all that time gathering resources, not knowing whether or not you will get revenge on Nox? That seems pretty foolish to me. quote: Originally posted by KarlMarxxxx: [B]Until I return my brothers, spread the word of our richeous cause!!!! [B]
Since when has this been our cause. It is by no mean righteous either. How many brothers do you have? In short, I think you are a lunatic Karl.
|
|
#9
 2002-10-24, 23:52
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Midterm elections and a couple comments about a moderator
quote: Originally posted by jsaxton14: Eeewwwwwwwwwwwwww..........
Put out the bait and the fish will bite. You proved what an idiot you are. Thank you, thank you (also for not being my son) for showing your complete ineptitude in the English language. Check the dictionary moron. While I'm at it, let me say goodbye to you as well. It would be polite if I said you'd be missed, but in being polite, I would be lying at the same time. Nox
|
|
#10
 2002-10-25, 00:06
|
jsaxton14 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Midterm elections and a couple comments about a moderator
I am suprised. An educated adult like yourself has to resort to identifying colloquialisms (well, actually there was only one) to make yourself feel more intelligent. Although eeewwwwwwwww is not in the Oxford Dictionary of Current English, all literate people know that it is a reference to something that the writer finds disgusting. However, all of this is irrelevent and just shows what a horrible moderator you are. Rather than making a constructive post that counters my point, you point out a colloquialism and identify it as a spelling error. As a moderator, you should lead by example, and if you want this message board to degenerate into a place where nobody does anything except identify grammatical and spelling errors you will probably get your wish.
|
|
#11
 2002-10-25, 00:11
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Midterm elections and a couple comments about a moderator
And yet again you missed the point. Your ewww stuff was in response to my comment about intercourse. That (intercourse) is what you should look up.
Edited part. I deleted some of what I had said.
Here is what I propose, I will give jsaxton and karl each one more post thus allowing them the last word. Then we will let this topic die. If it doesn't die, then I will lock it. This discourse is going nowhere and is not contributing to the forum...and I am as guilty as the other two for this tangent.
Nox
[This message has been edited by Nox (edited 10-25-2002).]
|
|
#12
 2002-10-25, 00:16
|
preying mantis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Midterm elections and a couple comments about a moderator
Theres a fucking process for moaning at a moderator, and wasting our political discussion space isn't it.
|
|
#13
 2002-10-25, 00:19
|
|
Regular
|
|
Sweden Hyperborea
|
|
Re: Midterm elections and a couple comments about a moderator
Isn�t this the politics board?!
Well, I guess that this could be called domestic totse politics...
Language structures demark our reality-tunnels.
FoxLeonard
|
|
#14
 2002-10-25, 00:37
|
jsaxton14 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Midterm elections and a couple comments about a moderator
I think your proposal sucks, but what can I do, I am just a member, not a macho moderator like you. I think it is rather ironic that in a thread in which you attempted to defend moving, deleting, and locking topics, you openly state that you will lock this topic as well. I guess you can't take criticism.
About the intercourse thing, that was a sarcastic remark. I assumed that most people could figure that out.
Karl, although being slightly insane, made a decent post on another board. "UbiloZ, I sympathize with your plight. The moderators (particularly Nox) are turning their forums into graven images of theirselves. Many of their actions are based on personal preference, and even more sick is the fact that Nox refuses to allow for a thread giving users of his forum a place to air their greviences against him, for there are many. I suggest that if enough users of this service e-mail the head forum guy, that most likely nox will be fired and the politics forum at least would be free from oppression. I would also suggest that moderators are limited to 6 month terms, or less, because after that kind of time, they become drunk with their own power.
This must end. JOIN THE REVOLUTION!!!!!! EVERY POST MENTION HOW NOX IS BAD!!!!"
I would agree with him when he says "The moderators (particularly Nox) are turning their forums into graven images of theirselves. Many of their actions are based on personal preference, and even more sick is the fact that Nox refuses to allow for a thread giving users of his forum a place to air their greviences against him, for there are many."
Be a man, leave a thread open for people to say what they want, don't squelch them because you disagree with them, that is just wrong. That is what dictators in 3rd world countries do.
If you have the balls, you can im me on aim at jsaxton14 or on yahoo as checkers3k
You sicken me Nox, good day.
|
|
#15
 2002-10-25, 01:15
|
KarlMarxxxx 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Midterm elections and a couple comments about a moderator
Pain is just your body's way of telling ye that ye are in horrible agony, nox. (that quote was just on Johnny Bravo, and I felt that it would be evil not to say it at some point.) Ye squelch myself and jsaxton constantly because we point out the fact that you are hopelessly intoxicated with your own power. This is nothing but tyranny, no better than that endured shortly by our founding fathers. And now you wish to close another thread created by your "underlings" to air their completely reasonable greviences against you. NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!! That was the battlecry of those fighting for our nation's freedom from a tyrant just like you. Since then, this nation has not endured such injustices, and for good reason. This forum deserves no less than to remove such evil. NO NOXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!!! The citizens of this forum must unite to overthrow this censor!
YOU MUST JOIN THE REVOLUTION!! IN EVERY POST, MENTION HOW NOX IS BAD!!
You have much tea to dump Nox, and at least two of the locals are allready dressing up as braves.
|
|
#16
 2002-10-25, 01:20
|
jsaxton14 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Midterm elections and a couple comments about a moderator
Karl is making sense now, we must rid this board of Nox and his fellow conspirators. I will dispose of Nox or make a martyr out of myself trying!!!
WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT NO! WE AIN'T GONNA TAKE IT WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT, ANYMORE
FIGHT THE POWER MY BRETHREN, FIGHT THE POWER!
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|