About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-23, 23:04
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Answer to a question

quote:
Originally posted by HomerJay603:
On a completely unrelated topic, Nox, why did you close the sniper thread?


I have grown weary of the idiotic. Chucky claims to be post high school which means I expect (demand) more from him that I do the average 12-year-old thug wannabe. His post was a moronic rant which had nothing to do with politics. That post did not qualify as drivel or tripe...it was pure CRAP. There is a place for crap, it is called Bitch and Moan. I have wasted too much time moving crap. I did not delete that post (as I will any more crap), because I was sending a message to Chucky and the Chucky clones who visit this forum.

This is a serious and intelligent forum. For those who want the Cartoon Channel and Fun and Games, get thee hence. It ain't here babe.

As far as me stifling free speech...NO. If anyone feels that way, contact JCStanton @ Totse.com and report me immediately. I personally see a great distinction between free speech and mindless, tasteless rants and raves. When it comes to keeping this forum free from that sort of nonsense, that is my job as Moderator. I take that responsibility seriously.

Should you care to disagree, please let me know. I will listen. Show me where you think I'm wrong.

Nox
 #2 
Old 2002-10-23, 23:23
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Answer to a question

!!!!!!NOX IS THE ENEMY!!!!!!
 #3 
Old 2002-10-24, 00:38
Regular
 
Default Re: Answer to a question

I haven't been paying attention to what's going on, but I hate all the assholes who post shitty topics anyway.

Besides that, I have a lot of respect for Nox, and I don't think he would be a dick for no reason.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-24, 00:48
HomerJay603 HomerJay603 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Answer to a question

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
I have grown weary of the idiotic. Chucky claims to be post high school which means I expect (demand) more from him that I do the average 12-year-old thug wannabe. His post was a moronic rant which had nothing to do with politics. That post did not qualify as drivel or tripe...it was pure CRAP. There is a place for crap, it is called Bitch and Moan. I have wasted too much time moving crap. I did not delete that post (as I will any more crap), because I was sending a message to Chucky and the Chucky clones who visit this forum.

This is a serious and intelligent forum. For those who want the Cartoon Channel and Fun and Games, get thee hence. It ain't here babe.

As far as me stifling free speech...NO. If anyone feels that way, contact JCStanton @ Totse.com and report me immediately. I personally see a great distinction between free speech and mindless, tasteless rants and raves. When it comes to keeping this forum free from that sort of nonsense, that is my job as Moderator. I take that responsibility seriously.

Should you care to disagree, please let me know. I will listen. Show me where you think I'm wrong.

Nox



As the moderator, and the one with the most experience here, I am not in a position to disagree with you. However, I am going to anyway.
I would see that topic as a conversation starter, but again, you know more of that kind of thing than I do. But then again, UnclNastyFingerz could be right...

Homer
 #5 
Old 2002-10-24, 01:10
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Answer to a question

I was being sarcastic.

I don't like Nox that much, but in this case I have to say good call. So many people are flooding this forum with meaningless crap which no thought was put into posting. When I click on "Politics: Left, Right, and Center" I expect to see political discussions, not unintelligible ranting.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-24, 01:13
Regular
 
Default Re: Answer to a question

lol.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-24, 16:27
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Answer to a question

And nor is Nox limiting free speech in any way. Theres a forum called spurious generalities and another called bitch and moan.

 #8 
Old 2002-10-24, 18:05
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Answer to a question

Nobody's arresting Chucky for saying anything.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics