About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-17, 16:24
rustypipes rustypipes is offline
Regular
 
Default PETA Rules!

I love "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals",or (PETA), so much that I just accomplished a major feat in their honor! I just finished 4 double bacon cheese burgers with ham and a side of chicken nuggets. It was great. I thought PETA stood for "Please Eat Tons of Animals" before I ate all that meat. Then I saw what it really stood for. Oh, and I made sure that none of the animals were free-range. I know what you animal rights activists are saying, "Animals shouldn't die to feed humans." I agree, but a cow is just a vegetable with a brain, and cows have more in common with a carrot than with you or me. How do you activists know that carrots don't feel pain when they die? I believe that eating soy products is wrong because the soy plant is kept in rows in a field and then is brutally murdered just to feed us. I will not respond to any replies, but I had to post this message in the name of PETP.(the last P is for Plants) WE WILL WIN THIS BATTLE AGAINST THESE NEO-NAZI PLANT MURDERERS! Our motto is "Plants can't speak, but now they have a voice!" I would love to hear any ideas you guys might have to combat these tyrants.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-17, 16:59
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: PETA Rules!

LoL
 #3 
Old 2002-10-18, 01:59
Regular
 
Default Re: PETA Rules!

I met a woman once, that lived in a mouse-infested farmhouse. She deployed PETA sanctioned mousetraps, which of course were the live-capture type. She would take them out to the edge of the woods, where she turned them loose "back to nature". She couldn't understand why they preferred her cellar to the woods, and would invariably race them back to the house, just to futilely repeat the process.

I asked her if it would be more ethically acceptable to use a cat for rodent control, and she just stared at me in horror.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-18, 02:19
Regular
 
Default Re: PETA Rules!

Did you guys see the "rodeo" on Late Night with Conan O'Brien relating to the animal rights groups? It was a guy running around acting like he was being bucked. Funny as hell. I love that show *tear.*
 #5 
Old 2002-10-18, 13:27
Regular
 
Default Re: PETA Rules!

In my area animal rights activists are the most dangerous terrorists.

Some people in my area need to be used for medical research.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-18, 16:06
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PETA Rules!

My friend has to check the underside of his car every morning as he lives within a mile of an animal rights target.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics