About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-14, 07:02
Regular
 
NJ
Default I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

The Lion King. Ever think of the underlying symbols with National Socialism?

Mufasa is the old order of the race of Masters. His son is destined to inherit all he has won and maintained, in balance with the forces of nature.

Aiding Mufasa is Zazu, an ever-present keeper of wisdom and connection with the past- he is the Folk Concious.

The natural enemies of the Lions are hyenas, dirty, ignoble, scheming scavengers, who without a host nation, exist in darkness. These are the Jews.

Rafiki is a servant of the old Order, and understands its mysteries and history. He presents the birth of Simba to the kingdom, and is the first to become aware that there is hope for the future in finding him. He administers the rites and rituals that hold the society together. He represents the old gods and healthy religions.

Mufasa is overthrown by envy and greed in Scar, who subverts the natural order Mufasa represents with the help of the jewish Hyenas. He is the spirit of decay and treason within his race, similar to early christianity or contemporary bolshevism.

Simba is scared off by this treason and aggression, and flees. The mantle of strength and line of descent appears broken. Hope is lost for Simba because he associates with the lower elements who wallow in nihilistic filth, wasting their lives on hedonistic garbage and poisoning simba's noble brain with notions of weakness and decadance. Timon and Pumba represent the general decay and corruption of lower racial elements and/or the natural waning of empires that ruin nobler ideas of the past with their cowardice and lack of foresight.

Simba only returns after he is sought after by Nala, just as a healthy racial worldview can only exist when women are as much a part of things as men.

He returns to a ravaged and darkned kingdom run by the traitor. The area is dead, a victim of the vampiric tendencies of the hyenas (jews), who have imprisoned Zazu, the folk spirit, and guard him, just as today's jewish ideology buries more ancient codes and guards its escape.

Simba finally slays the traitor, and drives the parasites from his kingdom with the help of the once useless slobs, elevated as a mass movement would inspire them, by Simbas courage.

The Lion King is total National Socialism.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-14, 07:09
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

Well the lion king is actually based on hamlet....Think about it...
 #3 
Old 2002-10-14, 07:11
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

No it isnt. Except for the uncle killing the king, what else is similar?
 #4 
Old 2002-10-14, 07:12
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

Well and the kid taking revenge, but duh, any good story that has someone murdered avenges him.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-14, 11:12
Jacross Jacross is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

what about simba's mother, she is kinda forced to be scar's queen.

perhaps timon and pumba are rosencrants and gildenstein(sp?)
 #6 
Old 2002-10-14, 15:16
Regular
 
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

If there's no truth to it, it is, at the very least, an interesting idea.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-14, 22:56
Regular
 
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

lol, Der Koenig der Loewen ist Nationalsozialismus Ubereinstimmung? Keine wenn Juden ist Walt Disney!
 #8 
Old 2002-10-15, 03:16
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

Hmmm.

The Hyenas seem more like the Russians than the Jews.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-15, 03:22
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

How? They are unconditional enemies of all life outside of their darkness, and exist without the gifts of the light. They only enter into power in stealth, with the aid of a traitor who employs them to imprison the voice of ancient wisdom. They scar and destroy the land and the people, and the more ancient and nobler Order of Mufasa instinctively hates them.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-15, 21:19
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

Nah. It seemed like they had superior numbers, and just needed an oppurtunity to overwhelm the stronger but fewer.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-15, 22:31
4ot 4ot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

if the hyenas were the jews they would have been advisors to the king already. the hyenas were fascists, scared to attack ecept in large numbers.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-15, 22:51
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

quote:
Originally posted by 4ot:
if the hyenas were the jews they would have been advisors to the king already. the hyenas were fascists, scared to attack ecept in large numbers.


What about all the fuss the Blacks put on that movie, claiming the hyenas were based on Blacks?
 #13 
Old 2002-10-16, 18:29
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

Spirit's idea seems logical, especially with Disney's previous ties with the Nazis.

And the Hyenas could represent what Nazis think about Jews. The flaws lie in the ending. In the ending, Simba defeats scar and restores the Kingdom and his clan to their rightful positions of power.

The Nazis didn't exactly win.
 #14 
Old 2002-10-16, 18:43
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

I don't think its a story on the past, its an insight into the future.
 #15 
Old 2002-10-16, 22:08
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

>>>>if the hyenas were the jews they would have been advisors to the king already.<<<<

Mufasa represented the ancient order and kingdoms that once were. There were no Jews that had the ear of a Viking chief, or a Sumerian king.

>>>> the hyenas were fascists, scared to attack ecept in large numbers.<<<<

If that were anything other than a cheap shot with zero incite, it would be worth debating.
 #16 
Old 2002-10-16, 22:42
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

As I recall, Sumeria was a Semetic kingdom.
 #17 
Old 2002-10-16, 23:11
Regular
 
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

I don't know if it was or wasn't, but semitic doesn't always mean Jewish.
 #18 
Old 2002-10-17, 15:49
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

No, but at one point the Jews were a Semetic people.
 #19 
Old 2002-10-17, 17:01
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

>>>>As I recall, Sumeria was a Semetic kingdom.<<<<<

As I recall, it was just located somewhere in the Middle East, in the heart of territory then occupied by Indo-Europeans. Skulls of aristocrats excavated there are nearly identical to present day Anglo-Saxons.
 #20 
Old 2002-10-17, 18:50
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

Then why did they speak a Semetic language?
 #21 
Old 2002-10-17, 22:25
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

Why do Mexicans speak Spanish? How the fuck am I supposed to know, I would guess it has something to do with the fact that their language spawned later middle-eastern ones.

And who said they spoke a Semitic language anyway? What makes a Semitic language different from an Indo-European one, for that matter? I do not know the answer to these, thats why Im asking.

Regardless of the answer, that doesnt change the fact that they were built like modern Anglo-Saxons, though their pigmentation is admittedly undiscovered.
 #22 
Old 2002-10-17, 23:27
rustypipes rustypipes is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

quote:
Originally posted by Spirit of '22:
[B] The Lion King. Ever think of the underlying symbols with National Socialism?

B]


This is all you do isn't it? You sit in your room and masturbate, then watch a cartoon and look for hidden meanings, then go online and write quotes about those hidden meanings. You remind me of The Comic Store Owner from The Simpsons, but with fewer desirable attributes. You really should pull the trigger on that .22 and release your spirit! Godd luck with that, I hope it turns out to be the first time in your life where someone notices you, or the first time in your life where you accomplish something. LOSER!
 #23 
Old 2002-10-17, 23:55
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

Language families are classified according to similarities in pronounciation, grammer, and similar.

It's known that they spoke a Semetic language because of the written records they left.

I must admit I'm skeptical of your claims. Any archaeological work would have been done before the colonial authorities departed, and Sumeria was eventually overrun by all sorts of tribes. I'm also wondering why they'd have Anglo-Saxons in Sumeria seeing as they didn't exist till around 800 AD.
 #24 
Old 2002-10-18, 02:53
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

>>>>>This is all you do isn't it? You sit in your room and masturbate, then watch a cartoon and look for hidden meanings, then go online and write quotes about those hidden meanings.<<<<

Actually, I came to the conclusion while sitting on the curb outside of Pathmark talkign to my friends about how Disney is filled with liberal garbage and how my kids will not own many Disney movies. Then we started talking about how the Lion King was cool though, and it hit me.

>>>> You remind me of The Comic Store Owner from The Simpsons, but with fewer desirable attributes.<<<<<

I do play D&D...However, I have a very attractive girlfriend.

>>>> LOSER! <<<<

Are you saying my analysis is inaccurate or illogical?


>>>>Language families are classified according to similarities in pronounciation, grammer, and similar.<<<<

I know. My point was, I do not know where Semitic ranks in similarity to other Indo-European tongues. I dont even know that its not an Indo-European language.

>>>>I must admit I'm skeptical of your claims. Any archaeological work would have been done before the colonial authorities departed, and Sumeria was eventually overrun by all sorts of tribes.<<<<

Probably Semites.

>>>> I'm also wondering why they'd have Anglo-Saxons in Sumeria seeing as they didn't exist till around 800 AD <<<<

Duh. Obviously men with the morphology of Anglo-Saxons existed before the label did.

 #25 
Old 2002-10-18, 03:18
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

<<<<<I do play D&D...However, I have a very attractive girlfriend.>>>>>>>>>>

Strange what we all have in common.

<<<<<<<<<<I know. My point was, I do not know where Semitic ranks in similarity to other Indo-European tongues. I dont even know that its not an Indo-European language.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Semetic languages are either classified as a group on their own, such as Indo-European, or as an Afro-Asiatic sub-catagory. Hebrew and Arabic are both considered Semetic languages.

<<<<<<<Probably Semites.>>>>>>>>>>

The Hittites might have been Semites, but most of the invaders were from the North and East, and so would probably be Asiatics or Caucasians of some sort.
 #26 
Old 2002-10-18, 03:23
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

Hittites were Indo-European from what I understand. They used horses in war and iron before anyone else did, a characteristic of Indo-Europeans from central Asia. Hey speaking of Central Asia, isnt that where Indo-Europeans come from?
 #27 
Old 2002-10-18, 03:31
Regular
 
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

First, D&D is great.

Second, semitic languages are Afro-Asiatic.

I should think Indo-Euros did come from Central Asia, but I am not sure.
 #28 
Old 2002-10-18, 03:33
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

>>>>First, D&D is great.<<<<

I found it rather gay and childish actually. I just say D&D cause the game me and my brothers invented is the same idea. Its not like mine has a name, and if it did you wouldnt recognize it.
 #29 
Old 2002-10-18, 03:46
Regular
 
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

I think it's supposed to be childish, but you don't really have to treat it that way. I mean, I don't use manuals to play or anything, I never have.
 #30 
Old 2002-10-18, 03:47
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

Yeah, but its too limited. lets bring this conversation to the Gaming forum so as not to Geek the cool kids around here. LoL
 #31 
Old 2002-10-18, 03:49
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

Ok, I bumped an old topic I made, its the only one in the forum started by me.
 #32 
Old 2002-10-18, 04:18
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

So if the Hittites were Indo-European, it would have been the Indo-Europeans invading.

I think Indo-Europeans came from around the Black Sea, which would include parts of central Asia. But it's disputed.
 #33 
Old 2002-10-18, 04:20
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

originally, they probably came from around Siberia, but that was 13000 years ago.
 #34 
Old 2002-10-18, 05:30
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

I don't think anyone came from Siberia, unless you mean like Scythia.
 #35 
Old 2002-10-18, 05:34
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

No, Siberia. During the Ice Age it was a pleasant place that did indeed have people, a good climate, and a lot of animal life.
 #36 
Old 2002-10-18, 23:42
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

Maybe.

But in terms of modern population shift they came from the Black Sea region.
 #37 
Old 2002-10-19, 00:36
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

Looking over the past posts, I'd like to mention that the Hittites were not the first to use horses in war. The Sumerians had chariots long before them.
 #38 
Old 2002-10-19, 00:38
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

Oops.

The Sumerians didn't use horses. They didn't have horses, so their chariots were pulled by donkeys.
 #39 
Old 2002-10-19, 08:19
4ot 4ot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Boo:
What about all the fuss the Blacks put on that movie, claiming the hyenas were based on Blacks?


i think there are more than a few black leaders in the US that will cry racism anytime a characteristic that has at some point been atributed to blacks is atributed to a villian in an animal movie, or anytime movies that depict black people as commiting crime or such thing. to put it simply, black leaders like to raise hell about media portrayal so they dont have to about things that accually matter.
 #40 
Old 2002-10-19, 08:22
4ot 4ot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

quote:
Originally posted by VeneFrigus:
Then why did they speak a Semetic language?


i can tell this is going to descend into a semetics arguement.
 #41 
Old 2002-10-19, 08:58
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

>>>i think there are more than a few black leaders in the US that will cry racism anytime a characteristic that has at some point been atributed to blacks is atributed to a villian in an animal movie, or anytime movies that depict black people as commiting crime or such thing. to put it simply, black leaders like to raise hell about media portrayal so they dont have to about things that accually matter<<<

I agree with you. Probably the first time that I have, I think

>>>i can tell this is going to descend into a semetics arguement<<<

Yes, so don't tell Mouse
 #42 
Old 2002-10-21, 20:48
Regular
 
Default Re: I just posted this in the Media Forum, but its good here too.

Hyena society is also matriarchal.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics