About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 1 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2002-09-29, 13:39
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

Good beats and flows make room for style that I've yet to witness in classical music.
 #2 
Old 2002-09-29, 14:13
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

I'll take Der Fliegest Hollander over some ridiculous jazz music anyday.

And the rythm of a good brass section is much better than that of percussion.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-29, 15:46
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

quote:
Originally posted by UnclNastyFingerz:
Blues is completely black.


Not completely, but you're right enough to deserve a retraction from me. I got out of context, which was: If blacks were never imported to the states, the genre would be missing/different today. Besides, your wrong so much, that I began to just assume it.
___

quote:
Alan:
just give me a beat that I can sordidly rut to


lol
 #4 
Old 2002-09-29, 15:50
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

quote:
Originally posted by VeneFrigus:
I'll take Der Fliegest Hollander over some ridiculous jazz music anyday.

And the rythm of a good brass section is much better than that of percussion.


How can you appreciate brass and not like jazz? And, I think it's Fliegender. Doesn't fliegest mean bowtie?

 #5 
Old 2002-09-29, 16:40
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

>>>>Spirit, rythm is more important to me then melody.<<<<


Like I said, you are aware that chimps beat things against other things to produce a beat, right?

>>>> I need to do more to music sthen said and say "hmm, this sounds nice."<<<<<<<<

And what does a beat do for you? Perhaps remind you of your mother's heart beat and fill the empty, screaming void of affection in your life
 #6 
Old 2002-09-29, 17:09
TheMouse TheMouse is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

quote:
Music in general is taking a turn for the worse. Look at the most pop, rock hip hop, r&b, anything. It's all bad. Rock died with Kurt Cobain, and rap died as soon it turned from portraying poverty to falunting wealth.


Maybe in the US. Europeans are still putting out excellent music. I thought music had all degenerated too until I listened to my husband's music collection for the first time. 98% European, and very talented. A good general rule in finding talented new bands is to avoid the US.
 #7 
Old 2002-09-29, 18:06
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

European pop is just as bad as ours. The only good modern heavy metal bands do come from Europe, either Scananavia or Germany.

Brass sections have shitty, flat rhythms. I much prefer Reggae bass or hip hop percussion.
 #8 
Old 2002-09-29, 18:32
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

Sometimes being out on your own isn't all it's cracked up to be. Some food for thought.

I thought the same thing after I didn't buy any toilet paper after living on my own for a month, because I was used to it being right there for years, and was doing a #2 and reached for what was supposed to be TP, but instead cardboard tubing.

>>>Cows have their udders cut off or their feet cut off at the knees or both. Other animals � goats, sheep, horses � share the same fate and are left alive, to stumble around until they bleed to death. Family pets are tortured and, in one case, in an effort to get a farmer out of his house (while they were shooting into the home), the invaders set his horse on fire.<<<

I forgot who it was that told me that it was wrong to wish starvation on the Zimbabwe people. Now I truely hope, and if I was a Catholic I'd pray, for that to happen. Stupid people shouldn't breed, nor be allowed to survive. My only regret is that these assholes will either blame the white farmers for their plight, cause more fucking violence in Africa (Like it needs more) or blame white people in general for the motivation that caused them to slaughter their food source.

>>>Good beats and flows make room for style that I've yet to witness in classical music.<<<

Along with the other "great" things that come along with rap. Lyrics from such great artists like Ludacris, Eazy E, Tupac, and more come to mind. That "music" sounds like someone recorded the sounds of a microphone up someone's ass running up and down a flight of stairs.


>>>A good general rule in finding talented new bands is to avoid the US.<<<


Gotta love that Norwegian Death Metal. Jack Osbourne put it to good use in one episode.


 #9 
Old 2002-09-29, 18:51
TheMouse TheMouse is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

quote:
The only good modern heavy metal bands do come from Europe, either Scananavia or Germany.


Countries all over Europe have good metal and folk, not just Scandanavia and Germany. Italy and Britain come to mind. Good, talented metal can actually top the charts in some countries over there.

US gets shit like "nu-metal" and "wanna-be emo angsty kid screaming over seatle sound machine guitars" or the token "alterna-whiny girl".

[This message has been edited by TheMouse (edited 09-29-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-09-29, 18:56
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

>>>Brass sections have shitty, flat rhythms. I much prefer Reggae bass or hip hop percussion.<<<<

So what? That has nothing to do with technical proficiency or creativity. Your preference is irrelevant, and doesnt change the fact that a chimpanzee can make a beat.
 #11 
Old 2002-09-29, 20:04
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

Difficulty is doing something doesn't make it neccesarily better then something that's easy. A chimpanzee can make a beat, and Bach couldn't. I don't give a shit, I find rhythm incredibly important.

Lots of Hip Hop artists have great lyrics. Tu Pac definately, early NWA, Dead Prez, Mos Def, Public Enemy, Outkast, just to name to few. As with all genres in this country in the last 5 years, the more popular it is the worse it is.

Joe, that description of what goes on in Zimbabwe isn't totally accurate. It only applies to a few extremeists, it doesn't occur throughout the country. Who's fault is it for starvation in Zimbabwe other then the white farmers? Look at the statistics - Zimbabwe is 98% black, but Whites own 70% of the farm land. Being a black farmer in Zimbabwe is like a form of slavery. How do black farmers have any control of what happens to their crops if they don't own the land?

 #12 
Old 2002-09-29, 20:22
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

>>>Lots of Hip Hop artists have great lyrics. Tu Pac definately, early NWA, Dead Prez, Mos Def, Public Enemy, Outkast, just to name to few. As with all genres in this country in the last 5 years, the more popular it is the worse it is.<<<

Yes, "Muddafucka eye eye eye who dat who dat" not only has an important message, but also worth listening to with an IQ of over 10. It doesn't take any talent to make rap beats. Like I said before, You can too if you shove a mic up your ass and run up and down a flight of stairs, recording the noise it makes. Classical, Jazz, take talent.


>>>Joe, that description of what goes on in Zimbabwe isn't totally accurate. It only applies to a few extremeists, it doesn't occur throughout the country. Who's fault is it for starvation in Zimbabwe other then the white farmers? Look at the statistics - Zimbabwe is 98% black, but Whites own 70% of the farm land. Being a black farmer in Zimbabwe is like a form of slavery. How do black farmers have any control of what happens to their crops if they don't own the land?<<<

That isn't the point, white farmers are the ones feeding the population. now with Mugabe's thugs, family, and soldiers running wild over those farms, whose going to feed the population? Hacking up cows, by the way, is a great way to solve the problem, But at least the bush scavangers will be able to find food, because soon no one will there.


 #13 
Old 2002-09-29, 20:26
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

Mugabe condemned most of the extremist action. If farmland was evenly distributed in Zimbabwe, people would supply their families with food - starvation wouldn't occur. All Mugabe is doing is redistibuting. Blaming the government for hacking up animals would be like blaming Christianity for the Klu Klux Klan.
 #14 
Old 2002-09-29, 20:38
TheMouse TheMouse is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

quote:
If farmland was evenly distributed in Zimbabwe, people would supply their families with food - starvation wouldn't occur.


Just because they know how to grab a gun and shoot a white farmer, doesn't mean they know how to manage a farm.
 #15 
Old 2002-09-29, 20:42
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

quote:
Originally posted by UnclNastyFingerz:
Mugabe condemned most of the extremist action. If farmland was evenly distributed in Zimbabwe, people would supply their families with food - starvation wouldn't occur. All Mugabe is doing is redistibuting. Blaming the government for hacking up animals would be like blaming Christianity for the Klu Klux Klan.


I never said I was blaming them for violating animal rights. I want them to bitch and complain when there is famine because of getting back at Mr. Charley the good old jungle way, instead of being a fucking realist.

He also said those white farmers displaced will be peacebly settled, and compensated, which never happened.

Another thing that Mugabe is doing is following in the footsteps of other African dictators.
 #16 
Old 2002-09-29, 20:52
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

You certainly can't see through the dumb stereotypes about hip hop. here's an example of the meaning and intelligence that shines through the ebonics.

2PAC Shakur lyrics

Now here's a story bout a woman with dreams
So picture perfect at thirteen, an ebony queen
Beneath the surface it was more than just a crooked smile
Nobody knew about her secret so it took a while
I could see a tear fall slow down her black cheek
Sheddin quiet tears in the back seat; so when she asked me,
"What would you do if it was you?"

Couldn't answer such a horrible pain to live through
I tried to trade places in the tragedy
I couldn't picture three crazed niggaz grabbin me
For just a moment I was trapped in the pain, Lord come and take me
Four niggaz violated, they chased and they raped me
Even though it wasn't me, I could feel the grief
Thinkin with your brains blown that would make the pain go
No! You got to find a way to survive
cause they win when your soul dies

Somebody break me I'm dreamin, I started as a seed the semen
Swimmin upstream, planted in the womb while screamin
on the top, was my pops, my momma screamin stop
a single drop, this is what they got
Not to disrespect my peoples but my poppa was a loser
Only plan he had for momma was to fuck her and abuse her
Even as a little seed, I could see his plan for me
Stranded on welfare, another broken family
Now what was I to be, a product of this heated passion
Momma got pregnant, and poppa got a piece of ass
Look how it began, nobody gave a fuck about me
Pistol in my hand, this cruel world can do without me
How can I survive? Got me askin white Jesus
will a nigga live or die, cause the Lord can't see us
in the deep dark clouds of the projects, ain't no sunshine
No sunny days and we only play sometimes
When everybody's sleepin
I open my window jump to the streets and get to creepin
I can live or die, hope I get some money 'fore I'm gone
I'm only 19, I'm tryin to hustle on my own
on the spot where everybody and they pops tryin to slang rocks
I'd rather go to college, but this is where the game stops

Dead Prez Lyrics

Little Kenny been smokin lucy since he was 12
Now he 25 locked up wit a L
They call him triple K, cuz he killed 3 niggas
Another ghetto child got turned into a killa
His pops was a Vietnam veteran on heroin
Used like a pawn by these white North Americans
Mama couldn't handle the stress so went crazy
Grandmama had to raise the baby
Just a young boy, born to a life of poverty
Hustlin, robbery, whatever brung the paper home
Carried the chrome like a blind man hold a cane
Tattoos all over his chest so you could know his name
But y'all know how the game go
Deez kicked in the front door and guess who they came for
A young nigga headed for the pen, coulda been, shoulda been
Never see the hood again
 #17 
Old 2002-09-29, 20:58
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

So you think the reason whites own all the farmland is that the two percent of Zimbabwe that's white are excellent, ahrd workers that are capable of managing a farm, while the 98% that's black are too stupid?

Mugabe has been too unfair o the white farmers who lost their land, but still - to truly condemn him you'd have to believe that the white farmers truly had rights to the land. Blacks in Zimbabwe had that land for thousands of years, and imperialism placed their land in the hands of the powerful elite.

Joe, how can the black farmers bring about change? Mugabe's style isn't perfecnt, but something has to be done.
 #18 
Old 2002-09-29, 21:41
TheMouse TheMouse is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

In my opinion, they can do anything they want in Zimbabwe or anywhere else in Africa... if they stop asking for European and North American money.
 #19 
Old 2002-09-29, 21:46
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

I don't understand people blame the black farmers for their situation. It's not their fault they're starving - it's teh fault of the military organizations that kick the farmers off their land and just take control of them and not allow anyone to work them. The farmers are merely victims of a corrupt military.
 #20 
Old 2002-09-29, 21:52
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

Uncl, is there a place on earth where you side with white people against nonwhites?
 #21 
Old 2002-09-29, 22:42
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

It's Fliegende.

I like Jazz as in Big Band music, or Swing.
 #22 
Old 2002-09-29, 23:02
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

Yeah, Cincinatti. A shitload of black gangsters attacked this family, and got off scot free cause the father was a reporter who reported unfair employment regulations because of affirmative action.

That's about it. If there was a country with a supreme white majority, who were being oppressed by a minority of wealthy black industrialists who owned the majority of their land, I'd side with the whites in a minute.

Spirit, is there anywhere in the world where you side with nonwhites over whites?

[This message has been edited by UnclNastyFingerz (edited 09-29-2002).]
 #23 
Old 2002-09-29, 23:15
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

Why should I support nonwhites over whites? I can condemn white actions, but that doesn't mean I have to support the "other side." You seem to have an identity crisis. Maybe all the time spent travelling has had an effect on you and what you think you are, my rasta brotha.
 #24 
Old 2002-09-30, 01:29
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

I consider myself a human being. My race has nothing to do with my identity. I support people I think are right.
 #25 
Old 2002-09-30, 01:47
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable

>>>You seem to have an identity crisis. Maybe all the time spent travelling has had an effect on you and what you think you are, my rasta brotha<<<

Of course he does. Nasty, You should change your name, White Chocolate suits you fine.



>>>Joe, how can the black farmers bring about change? Mugabe's style isn't perfecnt, but something has to be done.<<<

My guess would be to elect someone better then Mugabe. Though I'm guessing that someone is dead, killed as a result of Mugabe not tolerating any opposition, or too scared to do anything about.

>>>You certainly can't see through the dumb stereotypes about hip hop. here's an example of the meaning and intelligence that shines through the ebonics.<<<

Intelligence doesn't glorify some hood rat comitting armed robbery.

>>>I don't understand people blame the black farmers for their situation. It's not their fault they're starving - it's teh fault of the military organizations that kick the farmers off their land and just take control of them and not allow anyone to work them. The farmers are merely victims of a corrupt military.<<<

Supported by the majority of the Blacks.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics