About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-23, 18:07
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Fucking Germany

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2276440.stm
 #2 
Old 2002-09-23, 18:42
Atheist Mantis Atheist Mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

I agree with Schroeder about the iraq issue
 #3 
Old 2002-09-23, 19:28
TheMouse TheMouse is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

What is the outrageous problem here?
 #4 
Old 2002-09-23, 19:43
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

That guys face looks like it is melting.

"alleged to have compared President Bush's political tactics with those of Adolf Hitler"
lol

I don't see the problem either.
 #5 
Old 2002-09-23, 22:23
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

Im guessing that you are a big Bush fan eh? I think Schroeder is doing a good job. I think its good that they are against the whole Iraq invasion thing.
 #6 
Old 2002-09-23, 22:25
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: Fucking Germany

I heard that to cope with the de facto Turkish invasion, Schroeder made laws that forced German citizens to share their home with live-in Turkish govt backed guests. Thats nice of him.

If someone tried to do that to my family, I wold end up shooting a lot of people.
 #7 
Old 2002-09-23, 22:57
TheMouse TheMouse is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

quote:
I heard that to cope with the de facto Turkish invasion, Schroeder made laws that forced German citizens to share their home with live-in Turkish govt backed guests. Thats nice of him.
If someone tried to do that to my family, I wold end up shooting a lot of people.


This sounds too horrible to be true, but I've learned not to underestimate how bad things have gotten. Any sources for this?
 #8 
Old 2002-09-24, 01:15
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

quote:
Originally posted by Spirit of '22:
I heard that to cope with the de facto Turkish invasion, Schroeder made laws that forced German citizens to share their home with live-in Turkish govt backed guests. Thats nice of him.

If someone tried to do that to my family, I wold end up shooting a lot of people.



Starting with him.
 #9 
Old 2002-09-24, 01:32
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: Fucking Germany

There go Germany's hopes of economic wellbeing.
 #10 
Old 2002-09-24, 03:12
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: Fucking Germany

My grandpa was tellin me after he talked to an old friend who was in Germany with family I believe. This was about 3 years ago I think.
 #11 
Old 2002-09-24, 05:11
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

Spirit, thats not true. I lived in Germany for 8 years and I go back every summer. Ive never heard anything like that. Unless I really missed something, but I dont think so.
 #12 
Old 2002-09-24, 12:54
Askr Askr is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

interesting article... here's another http://www.wsws.org/articles/2002/sep2002/germ-s24.shtml
 #13 
Old 2002-09-24, 13:36
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: Fucking Germany

Im sure that its not very popular or widespread a practice, but I doubt my grandpa was inventing it.
 #14 
Old 2002-09-24, 14:26
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

It must be great living in Germany. Let's see, I can vote liberal, or liberal.

Schroeder lets people walk all over him. The only reason he took this anti-US stance is because it's so chic, and he needed to toughen his image for the re-election.

I call bullshit.
 #15 
Old 2002-09-24, 15:34
TheMouse TheMouse is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

Why the fuck should you care so much about what some politician in Germany thinks?
 #16 
Old 2002-09-24, 17:44
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

Each country's opinion of the US affects us someway...
 #17 
Old 2002-09-24, 18:11
TheMouse TheMouse is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

So? Each action by the US effects the opinions of people in other countries in some way. Are you that insecure that you demand every country like your country no matter what it does? Get over it.
 #18 
Old 2002-09-24, 18:19
Askr Askr is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

quote:
Originally posted by The_Famicommie:
It must be great living in Germany. Let's see, I can vote liberal, or liberal.



excuse me? lets not be a dumbass and make dumbass comments about shit we have obviously no knowledge of. Of course germany has nonliberal parties you idiot, every country does. if your in germany and you dont want to vote liberal you can vote for the npd (national party of germany) or the schill party but because you really have no idea what your talking about you make stupid comments and waste everyones time who bothers to read this inane foolishness. hehe "i can vote liberal or i can can vote liberal" thats the most hilariously clever thing i've ever heard except for maybe why did the chicken cross the road. please dont type anything else till you have something useful, interesting, or inlightening to say or till you at least have the slightest idea what your talking about.


(edited to fix quote at top and typo in nonliberal)


[This message has been edited by Askr (edited 09-24-2002).]
 #19 
Old 2002-09-25, 02:54
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

Why didn't you edit the word "enlightening"? Oh, and till should be "'til", whilst you're at it, since it happens to be a shortening of the word until...

The CDU, FPS and CDP are just less liberal than the Greens and SDP. They're still not conservatives.
 #20 
Old 2002-09-25, 13:53
Askr Askr is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

quote:
Originally posted by The_Famicommie:
The CDU, FPS and CDP are just less liberal than the Greens and SDP. They're still not conservatives.



you know its ok to actually read things and not just edit them for spelling errors fammicommie. if you had actually read what i wrote you would notice that i didn't mention any of the parties above.

i mentioned two of the most conservative parties in germany, the ndp and the schill party. there are of course a number of parties of varying political stances that haven't even been mentioned.

as for your comment above its an opinion, and a rather asinine one at that, not fact. so like i said before please don't type anything else until you have something useful, interesting, or enlightening to say or till you at least have the slightest idea what your talking about. reading your inane comments hurts my eyes.
 #21 
Old 2002-09-25, 14:48
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

Hitler's foreign policy had far more significant aims than a mere distraction from domestic issues...
 #22 
Old 2002-09-26, 00:11
BigGiantHead BigGiantHead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

I don't see why anyone cares that germany said it wouldn't join with the US on an attack on Iraq. Would they actually affect the outcome at all?

If most germans don't support a war with Iraq, wouldn't it make sense for the leaders of the country to say no?
 #23 
Old 2002-09-27, 01:26
SATURNROCKETX SATURNROCKETX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

quote:
Originally posted by FuckOffandDie:
Hitler's foreign policy had far more significant aims than a mere distraction from domestic issues...


I can't decide who to tell to fuck off first.
How about you!

 #24 
Old 2002-09-27, 13:29
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

Interesting... that was the reaction to the first time I've said anything remotely positive about Hitler on here.
 #25 
Old 2002-09-27, 21:31
Regular
 
Default Re: Fucking Germany

Your statement was neither positive nor negative FOAD, and I thought it was a well known fact.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics