|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-09-18, 01:56
|
Agent Boris_KGB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Hey I got another question about communism...
I have to write a paper for my gov class on a form of govt. and why it is good and blah blah blah.....so I got down my key ideas and everything(I am doing communism of coarse) I got most of it writtin but I need some opinions to put it togther from you guys on why it is good....If ya help me out I wont have to kill ya? and maybe I will give you guys a little bit more credit on your intelligents....oh yeah I want it to be on the benifits of 'Pure Communism'......
|
|
#2
 2002-09-18, 02:49
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
...Then you have to add a disclaimer in your opening paragraph about how your idea of a good form of government could only work with a pair of devout lovers who live on the dark side of the moon.
|
|
#3
 2002-09-18, 05:31
|
4ot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
first off; dont do a paper on 'communism'. pick a flavor and go with it. marxism, leninism, stalinism, maoism are the main types. i'd say go with leninism or marxism. lenninism has the distinct advantage of being able to mobilize previously untapped resources(the workers) utilizing a central command that allows for rapid indutrilization. or you could try reading a book. god forbid
|
|
#4
 2002-09-18, 09:10
|
Agent Boris_KGB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
The paper is on just the pure form of the govt. not anyother type,I added that about the different forms of communism and what each did and all I need to know about is ideas and opinions about pure true communism.
|
|
#5
 2002-09-18, 10:11
|
Alan Smithee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
Make sure to point out that communism would only work if people were entirely altruistic and nonselfserving and with these qualities there would be no need for a communist government.
|
|
#6
 2002-09-18, 13:06
|
Global Dominator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
The only place where you could find what is even close to pure, true communism is in one of those monk hideouts. They give up everything material, only live to pray and give thanks to God, Buddah, Jack-in-the-box, whatever, only get what they need to survive, bowl of rice, water, etc.
They have one robe, they have to make it, they take turns farming their own veggies, taking care of the animals, etc. Other than that, there has never been true communism practiced by anyone on this planet, and what they do isn't really true communism either, because they have a God or deity, and communism never made allowances for one.
|
|
#7
 2002-09-18, 20:04
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
Global,
You forgot about the Abbot. He is more equal than the monks.
Nox
|
|
#8
 2002-09-18, 21:39
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
quote: Originally posted by Agent Boris_KGB: why it is good
Because most average morons know it's basic tenets, enabling instant and trendy discussion. quote: and maybe I will give you guys a little bit more credit on your intelligents...
There shall be no need sir, because after being privileged to read your post, I find my self-worth to be fully satiated regarding my intelligence.
|
|
#9
 2002-09-18, 22:03
|
Agent Boris_KGB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
quote: Originally posted by user X: There shall be no need sir, because after being privileged to read your post, I find my self-worth to be fully satiated regarding my intelligence.
I had to read that twice....that was good....very good indeed...
|
|
#10
 2002-09-18, 22:58
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
Maybe the Amish could be described as Communist? I really don't know how they work, though, to be honest.
|
|
#11
 2002-09-18, 23:33
|
Global Dominator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
No, the Amish aren't commies, they're more than happy to turn a buck, and they definately would never go for having their farms taken by the state.
Mr. Nox, does the Abbot get special treatment? I thought he was supposed to be just the contact with the outer world, but other than that, he was just like everyone else, wool robe, no possessions, praying all the time.
|
|
#12
 2002-09-19, 00:13
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
Global,
I think that in theory what you say is true. What I've read in history (specifically English Abbies) that the Abbot had those duties, but a life style above the monks. I've only been to one Abby stateside (near Carlisle, IA), and the Abbots office, and the open door to his quarters, showed his "cell" was far more equal than the other cells.
Nox
|
|
#13
 2002-09-19, 00:41
|
Global Dominator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
Yeah, I bet that wool robe got a little too scratchy, probably has a computer too by now.
|
|
#14
 2002-09-20, 05:50
|
4ot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
quote: Originally posted by Agent Boris_KGB: The paper is on just the pure form of the govt. not anyother type,I added that about the different forms of communism and what each did and all I need to know about is ideas and opinions about pure true communism.
thats marxism
|
|
#15
 2002-09-23, 19:31
|
hp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
Any type of Government employing an army and a propaganda machine will work.
|
|
#16
 2002-09-24, 06:35
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
quote: Originally posted by hp:
Any type of Government employing an army and a propaganda machine will work.
Would you name a government that doesn't do that please?
|
|
#17
 2002-09-25, 03:27
|
hp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
quote: Would you name a government that doesn't do that please?
There isn't one. Which is precisely my point.
|
|
#18
 2002-09-25, 05:17
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
quote: Originally posted by hp: There isn't one. Which is precisely my point.
Then why are you bitching and crying? This is the way it will always be.
|
|
#19
 2002-09-25, 06:00
|
hp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
quote: Then why are you bitching and crying?
I'm bitching and crying? Lol. Joe, this is the second time you accuse me 'bitching and crying' when I issued a statement in a clear affirmative tone. I love it how you try to make an argument out of every phrase I make. Very cute indeed. quote: This is the way it will always be.
You mean the Government using media and military to their own advantage? Yes, I agree.
|
|
#20
 2002-10-02, 12:03
|
ChuckStone 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
OK people. Communism as we have seen it employed as a form of Government has never been "pure". Because it is still true that you need absolute co-operation to achieve a decent Communist area. The thing that makes Communism good is the ABSOLUTE equality. However, absolute equality has to be moderated (otherwise someone would take the piss) like by the abbott. But the moderator must also be equal. In a true Communist ideal, everyone acts as a moderator (thus averyone is equal) and everyone is kept on the straight and narrow. This becomes a problem when transfererred across a large population (ie China) as it is more likely a social opposition will arise, and once this has occurred then the entire system fails.
Too many people exemplify Communism in the Soviet Union and therefore condemn it as a past ideal and a proven failure but you must look past that and look at (for example) Cuba which is considerably better off as a result of Communism.
In Conclusion, Communism is a good alternative to a population with a large average wealth (like Western civilisation) but has an phenomenal amount of inequality so that most people are poor. (The perfect example would be medieval Britain where great poverty ensued despite the fact that there was plenty of wealth to go around because the ruling class were taking the wealth themselves)
|
|
#21
 2002-10-02, 15:53
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
quote: Originally posted by ChuckStone: Cuba which is considerably better off as a result of Communism.
Try going to southern Florida and particularly around Miami and see how many folks agree with you. But then you can't because you are a moron in England who knows everything about the USA. Typical European. Nox
|
|
#22
 2002-10-02, 20:09
|
ChuckStone 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
Nox.
This is not the first time I have read a post of yous and thought. "Fuck me this guy is stupid, and ignorant, and racist"
If I ask a brit living in Majorca (you can try this too if you're ever in Majorca) and ask him if he likes Britain much he will probably grumble about the weather and all other shit. It stands to reason that if they are in Florida then they do not like Cuba, but most Cubans are still in Cuba and most of them like it. Ask a Cuban who hasn't gone to Florida.
Next time I go to KKK meeting and say "Hey whaddya think of gay nig-nogs" I'll assume their opinion is that of the entire nation and assume the entire US population are racist homophobics. And in your case you clearly are a Nazi.
Nox. Your opinions are typical of a brainwashed proletarian who has been told to hate Commies and has been told that Islam is bad. if I had to do an impersonation of typical dumb American, I bet it would be just like you.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOX IS THE ENEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!
|
|
#23
 2002-10-02, 21:14
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
quote: Originally posted by ChuckStone: Nox.
This is not the first time I have read a post of yous and thought. "Fuck me this guy is stupid, and ignorant, and racist"
It has been said that people always find a point of commonality. We have arrived at that early in our intercourse. We agree, because with the exception of the f word explitive, this is exactly how I feel about you. quote: Originally posted by ChuckStone: If I ask a brit living in Majorca (you can try this too if you're ever in Majorca) and ask him if he likes Britain much he will probably grumble about the weather and all other shit. It stands to reason that if they are in Florida then they do not like Cuba, but most Cubans are still in Cuba and most of them like it. Ask a Cuban who hasn't gone to Florida.
I have not been to Majorca and I take your word for the statements you made (I assume you have been there). Did it occur to you that a great number of Cubans 'vote with their feet' annually? Does the name Elio Gonzales ring a bell? Do the circumstances of his arrival in the USA ring a bell? Now for the hard question: You said that most of the Cubans living in Cuba like it. This is possibly true...but why don't all of them like it. After all, the Cubans have been coming to my country for years...When will it be that all of the disgruntled Cubans get out? Must be something wrong in 'paradise'. quote: Originally posted by ChuckStone: Next time I go to KKK meeting and say "Hey whaddya think of gay nig-nogs" I'll assume their opinion is that of the entire nation and assume the entire US population are racist homophobics.
The next time I go to a KKK meeting will be my FIRST time. It appears that you cannot make the same statement truthfully. quote: Originally posted by ChuckStone: And in your case you clearly are a Nazi.
And pray tell boy genius, What specifically makes me a Nazi (since you are obviously a self appointed expert in same)? quote: Originally posted by ChuckStone: Nox. Your opinions are typical of a brainwashed proletarian who has been told to hate Commies and has been told that Islam is bad.
I am curious why you called me a proletarian instead of a bourgeois? We didn't make a mistake now Mr. Expert on Communism did we? Pity that it takes a mere 'proletarian' to point that out. quote: Originally posted by ChuckStone: if I had to do an impersonation of typical dumb American, I bet it would be just like you.
Since you are neither British, nor European, I will not be able to return the favor. The closest I can come is to write the editors of Websters International Dictionary and have them add this to the definition of idiot...See ChuckStone. quote: Originally posted by ChuckStone: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOX IS THE ENEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Possibly. But Nox does have a brain which he uses often. Nox
|
|
#24
 2002-10-03, 00:27
|
Bogey Man 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
I read "Atlas Shrugged" and am in the process of reading "We the Living" by Ayn Rand, reading the first will make you re-evaluate your morals and thoughts, especially concerning communism and the like.
Nox, I agree that he most likely was trying to call you a Bourgeois, but I don't know when that became an insult. A body can live with a missing arm, but it's nothing but a cadaver when the mind leaves.
|
|
#25
 2002-10-03, 01:51
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Hey I got another question about communism...
quote: Originally posted by Bogey Man: Nox, I agree that he most likely was trying to call you a Bourgeois, but I don't know when that became an insult.
You are correct, I don't feel insulted (by either term). My point was that this self-avowed communist doesn't even know his own vocabulary. Doesn't seem like much of a communist to me...especially since I know more about the ideology than he does. Nox
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|