About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-06-29, 04:50
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default George W. Bush

What's everyone got against him? Being a non-American I know hardly anything about him.

Somebody care to explain their problem with him? Or somebody else care to explain why they voted for him?

It's strange because it seems to me that almost every American hates him, yet he still won the election.

And I know that the American political system is differant from ours in the fact that people actually like the person they vote for. Over here all politicians are despised.
 #2 
Old 2001-06-29, 05:48
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: George W. Bush

Because he won't sell out to his country men, and most importantly is comfortable in his own skin!
 #3 
Old 2001-06-29, 08:40
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: George W. Bush

I'll try to be fair.

He's very easy to pick on. He comes across as a complete, blithering idiot. For a politician, his ability to say words that fifth-graders have no problem with is sorely lacking. Is he really that stupid? I don't think any of us could know for sure, but he hasn't done anything to suggest otherwise. Even Lokil, in other posts, has replied to those who say he's a moron with, in effect, "he's smart enough to put the right people around him".

I don't hold his cocaine use of the past against him at all, some people do. Same with his DUI that came to light. To his credit, he faced up to it.

Really, I think the guy reeks of puppet. That's as bad as it gets. If someone's gonna fuck us up as leader of the free world, I want to know who it is. Even those people who believe he really is in charge, though, recoil at the thought because he so often seems utterly incapable of the task.
 #4 
Old 2001-06-29, 15:31
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: George W. Bush

I still think the "I never inhaled" thing is ludicrous. Who'd want a president without the force of character to either say no to marijuana or admit to smoking it.

So either

A - He lied about not inhaling

or

B - He pretended to smoke marijuana to save face, an utter act of cowardice.
 #5 
Old 2001-06-29, 17:48
TitaniumCrotch TitaniumCrotch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: George W. Bush

People usually make negative comments about Bush, not out of knowledge , but out of ignorance. I couldnt care less about anyones political views, democrat, republican, libertarian..whatever, but people who maligne him usually only do it because they dont fully grasp the situation and believe that everything should be utopian. If your going to blast someone, have facts. These are usually the people who dont bother to vote but still manage to bitch about everything. Im a registered republican and have been since I turned 18, but I dont particularly like Bush. He has some good ideas and we are stuck with him for 4 years. Lets just hope the next election offers some better candidates. But for Christ's sake, give him a chance...hes only been in office for a few months and hasnt managed to get us into a nuclear holicaust yet.
 #6 
Old 2001-06-29, 18:15
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: George W. Bush

Yer right, Trippy, but that wasn't Bush.. besides, that's relatively small compared to all the ammo Bush has given people to pick on him with.. of course, Gore wasn't any better, just different.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics