About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-06-11, 23:15
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Dealth Penalty

Today, as I was flipping through the channels I saw "Execution: McViegh" so I changed the channel to it and anxiously awaited the execution for nearly an hour. Just sitting there, watching some old guy with a bad rug try to draw some emotion out of one of the guys who had seen the actual execution. I figured they were going to show some footage, but they never did. Then I got to thinking about it: the Death Penalty and all.

It's a very layered subject. On one hand I feel that if someone kills another person they should be killed because what goes around comes around. But, then again, we all die in the end anyways and what goes around comes around is really supposed to be Karmas job, right? Then, there's the part of me you says "Kill 'em all! And may it be televised for our watching enjoyment!" There are so many people out there in this over populated planet that really should just die. Or not die, but just vanish into the Bermuda Triangle or something because we don't need them. Then, I feel very strongly about just letting them rot in jail. A little guy like Tim McViegh would become Big Bubbas Bitch in no time and that would be a better punishment than death.

I was watching this footage of this one serial rapist on the television set once. He was pretty old when he'd gotten locked up - about forty or in his late thirties. So, he already had one strike against him in the butt battles. Therefore, one might figure he'd probably just get killed in jail. But, he didn't. To this very day he's alive in jail, on female hormones, and wearing pretty panties. He grew boobs and became the campus whore. I dunno'... It worked for him! The footage I saw of him with his pimps was pretty haunting. That'll stick with me. But, it's only so much more surprising since, I've (unfortunately) known a surprisingly large ammount of sex offenders in my time and they usually get killed in jail really fast. Especially child molesters. Child molesters aren't welcome around the jail cell. They die almost immeadiately. But, Tim McViegh, he fucking bombed a childrens hospital. I fear that might've gained him actual respect on the block. Respect enough to keep his asshole safe. So, yea, it's good he died. He might've had it too easy in jail. Or, he was small, so, hmmm, may be not!

Then again, I love God. I'm a God girl. I'm not preachy and if someone tells me their Atheist, I could really care less. That's the thing with Jews: they don't want company. They like the fact that they're the "holy people" and they don't want it to spread all that much. Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons want EVERYONE to be like them, Christians too. Everyone wants you to be something. The Jews just don't seem to care that much. So, I've grown up just really not giving a damn about the private aspects of other peoples lives like who and what they fuck behind closed doors and what they do in the bathroom and what god they pray to. Just doesn't interest me. But, being the devoted God fan I am I sort of feel like it's Gods job to give life and take life, not ours and by executing Tim McViegh it's kind of like smacking God in the face. Afterall, murder is murder, even against a murderer.

So, at the end of all this I realize: I never hated Tim McViegh before his execution. Now I really can't stand him. Number 1: because I didn't get to see his execution. Number 2: He died the peaceful way. If you're going to kill a fucking mass murderer give him the fucking chair. Number 3: He got way too much publicity. Number 4: I actually feel a little sorry for him on some obscure spiritual level!

Anyways, I'm not sure what my point here is. It's just that I'd never really thought about the Death Penalty before, and I guess I'll probably never make up my mind to whether I like it or not.

Se la vie...

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2001-06-13, 02:34
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

The death penalty is just barbaric revenge, one of the most crude and uncivilized practises out there. Did you know that after China and Saudia Araibia, the united states has murderd the most people throught capital punishment?
 #3 
Old 2001-06-13, 03:47
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

Cool.
 #4 
Old 2001-06-16, 10:25
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

Bah, Those are the words of one who veiws the world in the abstract. Lets view a hypothetical example of this "barbaric Practise" a "person", for want of a better term rapes and kills a six year old girl, perhaps related to you. Do you want through taxes to support the life of that scum, and if you are religiously inclined, give that scum possible chance at salvation.
 #5 
Old 2001-06-16, 23:21
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

This is a little off topic, but you reminded me of something, Alan.

I was watching this criminal show the other day and they interviewed this guy named Paul Neely, who is in jail right now. He's in jail because he killed his best friend. Why did he kill his best friend, you may ask? Well, simply because his best friend raped his 12 year old daughter. Only she didn't tell him until she was 15 - 3 years later.

Now, when he turned himself in the cops asked him

"Why'd you do it? Why didn't you call the police? Why didn't you think the law was going to take care of it?"

Now, flat out, my kid sister was raped when she was 3 years old. The guy who did it - though convicted - has never seen a day in prison. However, last year I was falsely accused of shop lifting and was sent to jail. So, lets see where Americas priorities stand: shop lifting, bad. Child rapist, good.

So, I thought, when I heard that:

"Yea! What the fuck?! Of course the law wouldn't do anything!"

Besides, any sex crime report has to be reported within the first 3 years. After that they can't press charges. So, nothing would've happened to that guy, other than a severely broken friendship.

I'm sorry, but I'm glad some people get killed because the American justice system is such bullshit it makes me want to shoot myself in the foot.

Cheers,
Lost
 #6 
Old 2001-06-16, 23:46
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

quote:
Originally posted by Redrover:
The death penalty is just barbaric revenge, one of the most crude and uncivilized practises out there. Did you know that after China and Saudia Araibia, the united states has murderd the most people throught capital punishment?



Gruff, gruff, who gives a fuck, you commie Canadian?
 #7 
Old 2001-06-17, 00:24
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

Lokil gets a treat for that one.

*gives Lokil a human treat*

Cheers,
Lost
 #8 
Old 2001-06-17, 09:55
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

I know how I felt when my father was murdered.

I'm not for state sponsored killing, but I'm not against killing.
 #9 
Old 2001-06-17, 15:28
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

Because, Alan Smithee, when you kill somebody in the name of justice, as horible as that person might be, you tell him that violent and barbaric justice are condoned and that his actions are not at all out of place in this society. You just propagate vengence without stopping the hate.

And anyway, outlawing capital punishment reduces the crime rate. Ever since Canada banned the death penalty in 1975, the amount of murders per year has been going down.
 #10 
Old 2001-06-17, 15:42
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

I feel that if the Death Penalty must be used it should be purely preventative, not punative.

How can we claim to be better than a murderer if we kill him for revenge? If we want to see him suffer, want to see him beg for mercy?

The electric chair shits me. Why? What's the purpose of such an elaborate, yet painful and slow killing machine? It's modern, sure, but it's FAR more barbaric than hanging and beheading put together.
 #11 
Old 2001-06-17, 20:57
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

Was your father killed by "the justice system" or was it domestic?

One of my mums ex-boyfriends parents were murdered and they never caught the killer, although his brother has been in jail ever since as a prime suspect. But, he always says he knows his brother didn't do it, and he has proof but he won't tell anyone what the proof is.

Personnally, I think he did.

I hate that motherfucker anyways.

Cheers,
Lost
 #12 
Old 2001-06-19, 04:37
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

quote:
Originally posted by Trippy_McGee:
I feel that if the Death Penalty must be used it should be purely preventative, not punative.

How can we claim to be better than a murderer if we kill him for revenge? If we want to see him suffer, want to see him beg for mercy?



I veiw rapist serial killers and child molesters as subhuman animals. Any animal which harms a human should be destroyed.
 #13 
Old 2001-06-19, 15:51
Anarchist_UK Anarchist_UK is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

I watched a program on the death penalty recently and it came up with a figure that in 3/4 of the cases of people on death row there have been flaws in the case large enough for a re-trial.

On one hand getting rid of the bastards could be a fair solution but in many cases they might actually not be bastards.

I also think that rehabilitation should be used wherever possible, they could even put some of that mind control equipment to good use.
 #14 
Old 2001-06-21, 21:40
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

And why do you think that most people on death row are black, Anarchist_uk?
Because they don't have enought money for retrials.
 #15 
Old 2001-06-21, 23:21
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

the death penalty is wrong.

the government has a do as i say not as i do attitude a lot of times.

keeping them in prison though feeding off my tax dollars is wrong as well.

the only thing i can think of is an island in the middle of nowhere,

no guards,

no fences,

just inmates,

with a 50 mile no travel point for any ships.

let them live like the animals they are.
 #16 
Old 2001-06-22, 00:29
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how the Austrailian government got started?

Cheers,
Lost
 #17 
Old 2001-06-25, 04:12
LEELEE22 LEELEE22 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

Hi. You said in your post that a little guy like McVeigh would become Bubba's bitch. He wasn't little, standing at 6'2. Plus, you forget, he was in a federal prison. They are not like state prisons where ass play is part of the daily routine, so he would not be violated by anyone. Secondly, Tim McVeigh was kept apart for the other prisoners. They would never put somone like him in with the other prisoners.
 #18 
Old 2001-06-25, 04:17
LEELEE22 LEELEE22 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

Me again. You also put that he bombed a children's hospital. I didnt read the other replys so Im sure someone pointed this out already but he didnt bomb a hospital. He bombed a federal building with a day care center. Uh, big difference, not that that makes it better of course. And you also stated that somone like him deserves the chair. Well, regardless of what he did he was still a human being and lets say you were wrongly convicted ( not saying he was ) of a crime such as his and they gave you the chair. Thousands of volts of electricity coursing through you, torturing you ...one of the most excruciating deaths imaginable. If your going to put someone to death, do it humanely. You dont beat a rabid dog to death with a stick. You dont torture a human being.
 #19 
Old 2001-06-25, 05:08
nihilistic nihilistic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

well, besides that obvious imperious economic, and morally, decison making aspect made for you that can result either way in the scales of justice tipping against innocence, or for to keep the majority of the masses happy and voting.

i am at a loss, because trying not to distract or go off topic, just a bit head spun, and maybe sort kinda changed,

as i just read some one i know beleives in god.

ah well, fuck it. just sort of disorintated right now.

----------------------------


 #20 
Old 2001-06-25, 06:40
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

State sponsored killing is animalistic. When people kill punatively on the streets, ie: the dude who murdered his best friend-rapist, it is out of anger. A human only kills when he/she is subhuman.

To use the government, a non-partial machine to do the same thing, its really sad.

until this day I was not against the death penalty, but you all got me thinking about it.
 #21 
Old 2001-06-25, 08:41
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

The death penalty must not be veiwed in abtraction Ask yourself if my family is killed if my sister is raped and killed if I am killed do I want whoever did it to live, not wether you think the death penalty is moral on some vaugue platonic realm of abstraction. I want everyone in this topic who opposes the death penalty to answer this question in their hearts.
 #22 
Old 2001-06-26, 00:02
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

then smithee,

ask yourself if you could be the one who does it.

there's a lot of people who could.

there's a lot of people who say the could and then couldn't.

and i guarantee there's billions who won't.
 #23 
Old 2001-06-26, 00:40
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

All I'm saying is - yes - the Death Penalty is wrong. But, if they ARE going to do it, and the guy murdered a bunch of innocent people, how come he gets to die and quick painless death? Give him the fucking chair. I mean, if you're going to do it - do it right. And put it on television so we all have to see it for what it really is. That's one of the blinders they put on American society. They do all the really bad stuff when people aren't looking that way everyone can keep smiling and buying Frapuccinos.

I'm not saying the Death Penalty is right. I'm saying that if they're going to do it, do it all the way.

Cheers,
Lost
 #24 
Old 2001-06-26, 08:02
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

I could
 #25 
Old 2001-06-26, 20:34
GothicTrash GothicTrash is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

Ive always wanted to go see a person get put to death...it would be like so awsome to have there autograph...=-) well thats my opinion

------------------
����䣧����|�������H��VV죣����VꮥVVH����Р�H��VV죣���������駅��VV��렆����H������Ϡ���VV��
 #26 
Old 2001-06-27, 02:03
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

Buy Faces Of Death. I have a link to where you can buy it on my website:
http://www.angelfire.com/fl5/lostjaded/index.html

Cheers,
Lost
 #27 
Old 2001-06-27, 22:48
collector collector is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dealth Penalty

the last guy to be executed in britain was hung in 1959 (or was it '69?). Anyways 31/41 years later with DNA evidence they are still questioning whether he was guilty or not
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics