|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought. |
 |
|
#1
 2001-04-06, 00:49
|
Redrover 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Video Cameras in Daycares
Apparently, their going to put video cameras in daycares so that a parent can check up on his kids in the middle of the day throught the internet. Does this raise privacy issues? You could raise the argument that pedophiles will take advantage of this system but you can counter that with an effective password system.
|
|
#2
 2001-04-06, 04:45
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Video Cameras in Daycares
Privacy issues?
Everyparent has the right to check up on their children. I just hope people just don't use such a think to be lazy, "The kids look fine, let's leave them there a little longer".
What kinda privacy issues would there be?
|
|
#3
 2001-04-06, 04:52
|
lostmind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Video Cameras in Daycares
i don't see privacy issues here.
i'd see privacy issues if there were cameras in the home for people whose definition of the correct way to treat children to monitor parental control.
a daycare like a school is responsible for what happens to the people they are responsible for.
like that kid who sued his school because he couldn't ride his skateboard on school property.
no matter how good he is; there will be somebody that will fall and break a leg and sue the school;
but because he can do it i can do it.
on the downside though;
i don't think it is a good idea for parents to see others disciplining their child.
most parents i know don't like it when somebody else tells their child to behave.
|
|
#4
 2001-04-16, 20:45
|
Hero_of_Ktulu 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Video Cameras in Daycares
isnt the point of daycare to give us some piece of mind by deluding ourselves while we send our kids to be looked after by strangers...if you want to watch your kid bring him to the office....if you cant...then stay home and be a mom...all videocameras are going to do are distract you from your work so you can watch your child...either take a chance or sit home, iron clothes, and watch soaps...sheesh
el privo
|
|
#5
 2001-04-20, 16:04
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Video Cameras in Daycares
With the shit some daycare centers have been found doing, I think camera's would be great.
I really don't think people will sit and watch their kids all day, but check up from time to time. I think a parent who cares would do that. My mother encouraged others to discipline me within reason, babysitters and family anyways. When a parent hands over their kid(s) it's something they have to expect.
I think businesses should help provide the service as well. The American Family is about gone, I think such a thing would help.
|
|
#6
 2001-04-20, 17:39
|
sckbch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Video Cameras in Daycares
we have a "at home" baby sitter, for my 8 month old son. I've set up six cameras, with motion sensors, hooked up to two VCR, one as a back up. Basically, I had my friend install the pinhead cams (that's what they're called here, in Indy) covering every room in the house except for hallway, kitchen and guest room and my office which I keep locked. So far, I haven't seen anything happening to my son, but I made it clear that all the house is monitored via video cams. Now I am thinking of a way to set up so I could access all the cams live from work. However, being illiterate in electronics, I don't know a way of doing so. I don't trust a living soul with my boy, especially after all these horror stories of what they do to the kids.
|
|
#7
 2001-04-21, 00:06
|
Redrover 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Video Cameras in Daycares
How about video cameras in the work place?
|
|
#8
 2001-04-21, 09:36
|
lostmind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Video Cameras in Daycares
you have no rights as an employee,
you are bound by the conditions of employment you agreed to by accepting the position and continuing to except it by returning to work.
the only freedom you have is the decision you make whether or not to go.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|