About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-03-19, 19:45
Regular
 
Downey California
Default New York Ethnicities

44% White

14% Black

12* Hispanic (Whatev...)

14% Other (WTF other? Not Black but DEF Brown)

10% As-ian

Side Note: The Bronx is almost entirely Hispanic...Wow. The fucking Bronx is Hispanic. Wait, I mean El Bronx or North Cuba.

You SEE? I told you all! There we have everybody. The world can't be like the U.S. so we gave them a taste of the good life by letting them live with us...Happy?! There it's happened. There you retarded pricks, there. Enjoy it, Marinate it in! We have the world in our backyard.

At what cost? National identitiy, de-facto segregationism and prejudice. No, racism is not as rampant as you'd like it to believe. I don't believe that a person is better or less than I'd like to believe, by default, because of skin color, but honestly they do come with pre-conceived notions or advantages or disadvantages that I have assigned.

Multi-ethnicism wouldn't bother me as much if we could give the immigration numbers a rest. I mean, please guys, please, give these people a chance to become Americans. Every other person I see has an accent. This is fucking bull shit. This isn't fair to anyone. Including those coming into the country, because I'm sure that they'd like to be treated more like the majority.

Whose idea WAS this

*sob*
 #2 
Old 2001-03-19, 19:52
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

This is what cause your so-called "hate" you stupid motherfuckers.

Now I know where all this "hate crime" legislation comes from...

Yes, I see it now...

*An all white state legislation saying that we must help all these brownies*

Fuck this country, I can't even move to Britain because they're letting in brown peoples too. Is there no place that non-tan people can call home?

Even Canada Take a look at Vancouver or Montreal and you'd know what I mean.

Par le vous Asian, Arab...or Hindu?
 #3 
Old 2001-03-19, 20:08
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

*Talks in private with the "others"*

MUHUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Those Whities will pay now...!!!!

Now, they are less than 50% of the population they are just another group !!!!

 #4 
Old 2001-03-19, 20:09
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Remember, all

These numbers are getting even worse. ONE MILLION MORE A YEAR. 90% NON-WHITE ON TOP OF THAT.
 #5 
Old 2001-03-19, 20:44
sckbch sckbch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

hey, I'm white, I am fairly recent immigrant, I speak with a slight accent (got me laid so many times) and I am still in the minority list. INS filed me under "minority," but then again any foreigner is a minority in the usa, until they get fully naturalized. There's some good in being a minority. I attended a university of my choice free of charge, everything's paid for by the state. I got into exceptional programs, just because I'm a minority, I don't have to be on waiting list for a law school or psych Ph.D. program, my entry is given a special treatment, as long as I present a good GPA. But then again, I'm a white minority, indistinguishable from the rest of the local aborigines. This leaves me where I want to be, just a number in the local census papers.
 #6 
Old 2001-03-19, 22:38
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Careful around those brownies, Lokil. You might get some on you.
 #7 
Old 2001-03-20, 00:24
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Where did that come from?

I don't think it's fair for me to be a minority in my own state.

And if immigration keeps goin on like this it will be in my own country. It's not fair.

It's not the color that gets me it's the culture. Let me repeat myself, the culture. I am an American, I have no culture. Or a culture of no culture. But thats what makes us unique to the world.
 #8 
Old 2001-03-20, 00:46
Crevan Crevan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

What the fuck? National identity? The national identity of the united states is immigration, it always has been. Just because the majority of immigrants is now of a darker colour means nothing.
Culture...yeah, great america has a large mixture of cultures. Why does this make america so special? So does Canada. So does a large portion of Europe. So does much of the middle east. The only thing that makes you unique to the world is that you think you're the only ones. And a world-leading gnp.
 #9 
Old 2001-03-20, 00:55
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Wrong fucker-boy,

America has ALWAYS been multi-ethnic, BUT, UNI-CULTURAL!

What was that? You want me to take it a step further?

Until 1965, 90% of our ethnic ancestry was European based.

 #10 
Old 2001-03-20, 04:01
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

I swear, ever since those english guys came over in the 17th century with nothing more than a shirt on their backs, North America has been ruined by immigration. Hell, those white people were so lazy, they couldn't even feed themselves so we had to make a big feast so that they could survive the winter. And look how they thanked us, by putting us in concentration camps.
 #11 
Old 2001-03-20, 04:18
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

*Hopes EVERYONE observes the thin line like Lokil*

Let's keep this civil...
 #12 
Old 2001-03-20, 04:37
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Where did it come from? The sarcastic voice in the back of my mind that says you just don't get it.

You're ranting about having so many blacks and Asians in your state, in your country. Let's ignore that it's not *your* country, because I can understand that thinking, whether I agree with it or not.

Let's instead focus on one very important truth.

The theory behind America is to be uni-cultural. Nothing more. As you have people from different cultures coming into this country, the country will become multi-cultural. That's simply logical, and it's what's happening.

Why are you so upset about being outnumbered? Maybe now, since there aren't vastly more people who are "potentially racist" (and, let's be honest, that was the reason for affirmative action) than those who were most commonly victims of racism, the laws based on helping minorities catch up can fade away because they'll no longer be necessary.
 #13 
Old 2001-03-20, 07:56
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

The trouble I have with multi-culturalism is that it adds another factor by which we group each other. I mean, we obviously group each other by color, but culture as well?

I worry that we will separate ourselves into our groups of narrow self interest,then proceding to go for each others throats...The winner being the one that suceeds in repressing the others...
 #14 
Old 2001-03-20, 08:57
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

So, lokil, You know its easier to walk when you bend your knees, And tide can get those nasty blood stains out of your bedsheet robe.

your most recent post seems more moderate but you are bordering on grand wizard.

[This message has been edited by Alan Smithee (edited 03-20-2001).]
 #15 
Old 2001-03-20, 09:12
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

quote:
I worry that we will separate ourselves into our groups of narrow self interest,then proceding to go for each others throats...The winner being the one that suceeds in repressing the others...


SEE; politics, religion, class


Pull around to the window so we can punch you in the teeth.
 #16 
Old 2001-03-20, 15:48
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

quote:
Originally posted by Lokil:
The trouble I have with multi-culturalism is that it adds another factor by which we group each other. I mean, we obviously group each other by color, but culture as well?

I worry that we will separate ourselves into our groups of narrow self interest,then proceding to go for each others throats...The winner being the one that suceeds in repressing the others...



There's a very simple solution to this.

STOP GROUPING PEOPLE.

People, in general, are lazy. They're not going to do something that they don't feel is terribly useful if no one else is doing it. If you don't group people, maybe a friend stops, and then one of their friends.. it's a chain reaction.

Sound unlikely? Well, it'll take awhile. But acceptance of others can't be governed or forced by peer pressure or law. It HAS to just happen. So let it just happen for you- that's the only thing you can do to help avoid battles between those ever-increasing numbers of groups.

Maybe I sound overly idealistic, but frankly, whether it happens or not, it's the only thing that's going to work. So if it doesn't happen, yeah, things will get pretty fucked up.
 #17 
Old 2001-03-20, 21:23
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Business names that I have seen in Los Angeles County:

Carniceria Latina: What a meat market run by latin women?

Latin Homes: I wonder what would happen if there was a afro homes.

All the asian ones that I can't understand

BTW Spiffy things are already fucked up. You don't live in Southern California, so you don't hear the shit said under everyone's breath.

You cannot argue with me because you just don't know. I can't be angry with any of you cause you just don't know.

I went to a seminar on race relations at Marymount and the speaker used this experiment done as the basis for a lot of racial discrimination, etc... They put four cats together, three similar in looks and one totally different. The three cats ganged up on the different looking cat and after watching many hours of footage, it was found out that the lone cat was roughhoused a lot more roughly that the other three.

There will always be bias towards people that look like us. It's fucking natural. I couldn't get Accutane from the same non-HMO doctor that my friend Damien got his from because Damien is Korean and the doctors was an unoffically "korean-only".


 #18 
Old 2001-03-20, 23:20
Crevan Crevan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

I'm confused, here I thought that the US liked to allow it's citizens to practice any culture or religion of their choice, as long as it doesn't upset another culture or religion. You can call that uni-cultural if you want, but either way, the states still aren't the only ones who do it.

p.s. I'm not a fucking cat, are you a cat? I'd like to think that mankind has evolved to the point where we can actually avoid shit like that.
 #19 
Old 2001-03-21, 00:14
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

I have nothing to say about religion. Why would you mention that in this conversation?

Teach yourself to keep on topic.
 #20 
Old 2001-03-21, 00:31
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Seems I have to inform the uninformed...

Quebec and Canada.

What the Quebecers and the Hispanic American communities have in common is a determination to preserve a way of life. Dominant languages seem a threat to that, a challenge to family, church, and historical memory, and so they are resisted. ... We are fooling ourselves if we fail to understand the lessons that Canada's experience holds for us. Racial and linguistic minorities are aggressively asserting their distinctiveness in New America. Even now we may anticipate that the demands of these groups for recognition of that distinctiveness may become requests for some sort of separate polity. Those Quebecers who aspire to sovereign control within their borders, combined with economic relationships with those around them, view such an arrangement as a successful formula for an independent state. That same formula political self-determination plus economic confederation will serve as a ready model for this nation's would-be separatists. Given the policies we are pursuing, there is no reason to believe that we are immune from that which has afflicted Canada.

I will quote Carlos Loret de Mola from "The Great Invasion: Mexico Recovers Its Own", Mexico City Excelsior, July 20, 1982


'A peaceful mass of people, hardworking, carries out slowly and patiently an unstoppable invasion, the most important in
human history. ... The territory lost in the 19th century by Mexico ...seems to be restoring itself through a humble people
who go on settling various zones that were once ours on the old maps. Land, under any concept of possession, ends up in the hands of those who deserve it.'

Tsk, Tsk.

And more from K.L. Billingsley "Was There Ever an Aztlan?", Washington Times, October 24, 1993.

'Aztlan is a country with no borders and no government, but it has a militant student movement with big plans. Some of the activists dream of the day when they can "liberate" a large portion of the southwestern United States, which they consider to have been stolen by gringos, and raise their own flag over it.'

Still want to punch me in the teeth Z3m? Stupid motherfucker

 #21 
Old 2001-03-21, 18:03
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

The chances that we're going to see any states try to separate from the U.S. in our lifetime are slim. I understand the point of those quotes, but let's take into account one very important factor- even before any separatist movements started, Quebec was a French-Canadian province. The identity of the people there was different from that of the rest of Canada for as long as it existed.

This is talking about people emigrating from their homes to America, and then the possibility of them taking a state (or multiple states) away from the Union. If there is potential for such a thing, then barring a civil war, it would take a long time for that potential to be realized. They don't "own" any states, so to speak, and considering they're moving onto lands with 100% Americans already there, who would probably not want to become part of a separate (and tiny) country, such a move would be extremely difficult to make happen.

Now, that said.. a war could speed up such a process a lot. However, I'm inclined to believe one would start based on reasons not having anything to do with some people wanting to become their own country- they might try to make that a reality in the wake of a major conflict, though. But, in that case, we'd have much bigger problems than having lost a state.
 #22 
Old 2001-03-21, 19:06
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Duh, but they're "still getting their land back" Spiffy, dood, Latins are already the largest group and growing...Damn!

Imagine in another thirty years 60-65% of the state is gonna be Hispanic! Damn!

Oh, well.
 #23 
Old 2001-03-24, 19:06
Crevan Crevan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

You don't really think culture and religion are unrelated, do you?
I have a hard time believing anyone is actually that stupid.

Teach yourself to know things about your topic.
 #24 
Old 2001-03-24, 21:50
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

They are related you Canadian douche bag,

That's why there is so much tension.
 #25 
Old 2001-03-25, 11:29
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

i won't insult you;

but religion and culture are directly related;

religion will take the claim for it's influence on culture; which may be true in areas it spread to;

but the area where the religion originated was directly influenced by the culture it was developed in.

i think america should be uni-cultural despite immagration.

if you want to hold onto your culture why did you leave in the first place.
 #26 
Old 2001-03-25, 23:23
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Does that mean our culture, the american one, was influenced by christianity that was itself influenced by middle eastern culture?

On a second note, there's something I don't understand. Most of the people here are of european decent and you're complaining about immigration destroying your culture while oblivious to the fact that we have done the same thing to the american-indians a few hundred years ago.

[This message has been edited by Redrover (edited 03-25-2001).]
 #27 
Old 2001-03-26, 04:04
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

correction;

if we were jewish or muslim it would've been influenced by mid east culture.

christianity was a roman religion that had to have acceptance by masses which meant the incorporation of many other religious influences as well.

why do you think we portray jesus as white?
why do you think christmas happens so closely to the winter solstice; and easter so closely to the vernal equinox?

i'm speaking of people who left their homeland and their culture to come here.

indians were prone to the law of nature.

when your environment changes(the arrival of the europeans) you can do three things

(1) move- which some did to mexico
(2) die- which some did as well
(3) adapt- which those who did not move or die did.

you are confusing immagration(movement by choice) with the coexistance of two different cultures in the same area;

one has to fail.
 #28 
Old 2001-03-26, 04:40
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Well Lokil, you have three options:

quote:
Originally posted by lostmind:


(1) move- which some did to mexico
(2) die- which some did as well
(3) adapt- which those who did not move or die




And most americans came to this continent to escape persecution, much like many immigrants today.
 #29 
Old 2001-03-26, 05:30
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Pretty much. Just to point out to our somewhat unperceptive Canadian friend, though- the only one bitching is Lokil. Cut that plural shit out.
 #30 
Old 2001-03-26, 08:22
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Okay, but I'm not alone.

Take Care,

Lokil

p.s. Whatever you are
 #31 
Old 2001-03-26, 22:53
cc13 cc13 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Has anyone of you brilliant minds here ever stop to think. Consider this: The native americans did not have immigration quotas or even try to stop the amount of white and other people coming in. See what it did to them! Most today are in reservations that make concentration camps look good. So to all people here don't complain. See in 20 years all of the belly aching for "equal rights" or anything. Why? Cause all of us are heading to what is happening in Yugoslavia right now.....

------------------
Ruler, follower or peasant. Which do you want?
 #32 
Old 2001-03-26, 23:39
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Would you like some cheese with that?
 #33 
Old 2001-03-26, 23:49
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

I agree with the Yugo part tho.

Example in the U.S. the Southwest and Mexico.

For all the Feds policing this site...Please wake up and smell the refried beans before you lose the Southwest!

Perhaps this recession will make us finally cut those immigration numbers!

Thank you Jesus!

[This message has been edited by Lokil (edited 03-26-2001).]
 #34 
Old 2001-03-26, 23:54
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Except the Asians, Z3m is friends with them.
 #35 
Old 2001-03-27, 00:00
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

figures, when you think about it...

Intelligent and fucking obnoxious.
 #36 
Old 2001-03-27, 00:13
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

quote:
Originally posted by cc13:
Has anyone of you brilliant minds here ever stop to think. Consider this: The native americans did not have immigration quotas or even try to stop the amount of white and other people coming in.



Primitiveness, deserves to be conquered. I dunno about you, but my ancestors wrote classical music! Yours? They only came over because of World War I.

[This message has been edited by Lokil (edited 03-27-2001).]
 #37 
Old 2001-03-27, 00:19
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Lokil post #6

"Wrong fucker-boy"

Lokil post #7

Let's keep this civil...

Lokil post #6

"Wrong fucker-boy"

Lokil post #7

Let's keep this civil...

Lokil post #6

"Wrong fucker-boy"

Lokil post #7

Let's keep this civil...

 #38 
Old 2001-03-27, 01:06
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Bwahahaha!
 #39 
Old 2001-03-27, 02:18
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

White Witch post #6


quote:
Originally posted by White Witch:
Lokil post #6

"Wrong fucker-boy"

Lokil post #7

Let's keep this civil...

Lokil post #6

"Wrong fucker-boy"

Lokil post #7

Let's keep this civil...

Lokil post #6

"Wrong fucker-boy"

Lokil post #7

Let's keep this civil...





I'M WAITING FOR NUMBER SEVEN!

 #40 
Old 2001-03-27, 02:51
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

comparing reservations to concentration camps.

apparently you have never seen one;

nor do you live in a state that has one.

i'd check into that.

they're giving every opportunity(at tax payer expense) and do nothing with it.

i go through one;

and what do i see;

a brand new house(paid for by tax dollars); that still has the siding stickers on it.

grass in the yard taller than the doors to enter;

base of dirt surrounding the house; that has just started sprouting new grass;

since they didn't care enough to plant their own.

the family car with sitting on cement blocks.

through the waving grass you can see a rusty swing set.

and a huge check from uncle sam(again with tax dollars) as soon as they turn 18.

some concentration camp.

they would have some of the nicest land and areas in the country if they just gave a shit.

not speaking for all;

just the ones i've seen.
 #41 
Old 2001-03-28, 17:35
cc13 cc13 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

Some of you here are so funny. Can any of you think? Or is it you need the Democrat party to do it for you?

What are all of you going to do when the "evil white man" of the USA is no more? I mean how many ills can the white man be blamed for? The "hate whitey" syndrome is getting lame.
 #42 
Old 2001-03-28, 21:41
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New York Ethnicities

words of wisdom.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics