About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-31, 17:16
eRJee eRJee is offline
Regular
 
Default A "how to manual" on getting passwords

A while ago i made a tutorial about this, i replaced it on my new site.

This is the adress:
http://lockpick-nederland.com/email.html
 #2 
Old 2003-01-31, 17:21
rizzy rizzy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A "how to manual" on getting passwords

a better way is to use bravenet form submission and email forging by sending the page as HTML in the mail.
 #3 
Old 2003-01-31, 18:11
cense cense is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A "how to manual" on getting passwords

All that work for some moron hotmail users password?!? bah.
 #4 
Old 2003-01-31, 19:40
rizzy rizzy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A "how to manual" on getting passwords

quote:
Originally posted by cense:
All that work for some moron hotmail users password?!? bah.


firstly its not a lot of work, secondly the method can be used for many purposes (credit card numbers,webspace ETC) not just hotmail.

 #5 
Old 2003-01-31, 20:19
cense cense is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A "how to manual" on getting passwords

quote:
(credit card numbers,webspace ETC) not just hotmail.
Maybe I find this so stupid because I have no desire for this kind of information.
 #6 
Old 2003-02-01, 02:16
rizzy rizzy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A "how to manual" on getting passwords

so you find something stupid just because it doesnt interest you? wow, what an open minded person you are!
 #7 
Old 2003-02-01, 02:33
ClydeR ClydeR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A "how to manual" on getting passwords

I thought this was interesting from a creative perspective, expanding upon the idea.

BTW, Cense, only one time have I been in a situation where accessing someones mail account (happened to be hotmail) was important and strategic, and it proved to be the right thing to do in the end with a positive outcome.

It involved some serious offenses against me by an insane drug addict including ABSOLUTELY FALSE Criminal charges filed against me(later absolutely proven to be false charges and were dismissed without prejudice) which were based on absolutely false testimony to police by the abovementioned offender.
I was able to gain access to the hotmail account password by a different non-electronic method.

Yes the person is a MORON and a very dangerous one to me at the time.

The end result to which the access contributed very much, was to actually save the life of the offender who was on a drug overdose suicide mission. I would not have cared if the offender had died, but I was a close friend of two family members so they appreciated my involvement

Point being that there are times when this could be important and useful.

The POLICE could probably access these sorts of accounts almost at whim.

My thoughts on the method described were greatly expanded, not for criminal activity, but more advanced tricks.

Hey, I really like the appearance of that phpBB at the site. Best one I have seen but I don't get around much.

I went to the download site because I may use that BBS. Will stop in sometime and post to see how it works.

Thanks

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics