About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-30, 03:19
JephHop JephHop is offline
Regular
 
Default Techno-dumbass needs help!!

I dont know shit about computers besides how to turn them on and use the web. I use AOL if that tells you anything. My service was cancelled because I had supposedly sent spam. I recently looked at my sent mail and found out someone has been using my account to send porn-spam. I have never given my password, stored it, or anything like that. I am going to change it again but I need to know how I can protect against this kind of thing happening again. Thanks.
 #2 
Old 2003-01-30, 05:41
Das Troll Das Troll is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Techno-dumbass needs help!!

never download anything that isnt from a person u know. even if it is from a person u know and u dint know they were going to send u somthing, ask them. often times its a crappy mailing trojan that mails itself out to whom evers on the persons mailing list. if in doubt, erase it. dont even open it.
 #3 
Old 2003-01-30, 06:15
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Techno-dumbass needs help!!

Step 1: Format
Step 2: abandon AIM, MSN is much better
Step 3: if you still really want AIM make a new account
Step 4: re-add people your list
Step 5: send more porn
 #4 
Old 2003-01-31, 14:37
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Techno-dumbass needs help!!

You say you havn't stored a password but chances are 'your computer' has.

Do you have a brother or something?

If not then yeah, you've probly been watchin' some porn site and thought woow movies! 'download click-here' all that jazz.

Thing is you have to be carefull because sometimes rather than i being in mpeg etc. format it can be a .exe file.

Hey presto, you've just volunteerd to have ANY kind of source running on your computer!!



[This message has been edited by frontalobe (edited 01-31-2003).]
 #5 
Old 2003-02-01, 03:45
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Techno-dumbass needs help!!

Trillian or AIM+ is always good. I would use trillian more, but I don't use my other accounts as much. Most of my friends are on AIM. Plus I like how AIM + does its history recording and transparency better.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics