About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-02, 12:36
[ A a r o n ] [ A a r o n ] is offline
Regular
 
Default This might help you hacker guys...

I am not a hacker, I've tried using progs to do it for me but nevermind..

One day when I had a virus, I was scanning the rest of my computer and noticed that it comes up with a name and file location of the selected file. I know this isn't good but my computer is on a network, with other computers and after it had finished scanning my computer, it went straight onto the other ones, this is probably a thread already but I just thought it could help even in a miniscule way
 #2 
Old 2003-01-02, 14:22
Moderator
 
Default Re: This might help you hacker guys...

still drunk?
 #3 
Old 2003-01-02, 17:56
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: This might help you hacker guys...

I hope Aaron ain't your real name. It's not too wise to be using real names in a handle.

PS. My name is Aaron as well.

[This message has been edited by just.landed (edited 01-02-2003).]
 #4 
Old 2003-01-02, 19:26
Chunkmiester Chunkmiester is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: This might help you hacker guys...

What wouldn't be wise would be using Aaron Smith as his username (not that smith is his surname). Using your first name is practically harmless although it is advised to use a pseudonym.

-Chunk
 #5 
Old 2003-01-03, 04:16
[ A a r o n ] [ A a r o n ] is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: This might help you hacker guys...

Erm...did you just want to tell me that using my real first name is bad or is that information useful in anyway at all?
 #6 
Old 2003-01-03, 06:24
Moderator
 
Default Re: This might help you hacker guys...

is there ANY information at all ...
 #7 
Old 2003-01-03, 15:38
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: This might help you hacker guys...

quote:
Originally posted by [ A a r o n ]:
One day when I had a virus, I was scanning the rest of my computer and noticed that it comes up with a name and file location of the selected file. I know this isn't good but my computer is on a network, with other computers and after it had finished scanning my computer, it went straight onto the other ones, this is probably a thread already but I just thought it could help even in a miniscule way

So...what are you trying to tell us?

 #8 
Old 2003-01-04, 20:58
Regular
 
Default Re: This might help you hacker guys...

quote:
Originally posted by runaway:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by [ A a r o n ]:
[b]One day when I had a virus, I was scanning the rest of my computer and noticed that it comes up with a name and file location of the selected file. I know this isn't good but my computer is on a network, with other computers and after it had finished scanning my computer, it went straight onto the other ones, this is probably a thread already but I just thought it could help even in a miniscule way


So...what are you trying to tell us?

[/B][/QUOTE]


if u interepret it into a biblical sense, it's really foretelling the end of the world.

and about the name aaron, some guy from my elementary crapped his pants twice ahahaha it smelled like crap!!
 #9 
Old 2003-01-05, 06:05
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: This might help you hacker guys...

I eat babies.
 #10 
Old 2003-01-05, 10:58
Necron_With_Bionics Necron_With_Bionics is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: This might help you hacker guys...

Well that degenerated fast.

And Aron, [Strained_Polite_Voice] What you have *ahem* discovered is that computers on a network can talk to each other, right? Well as a pristine example of this, the internet is a gaint network (a WAN if you will) and the fact that you can tell us of your discovery at all proves you right. Well done. [/Strained_Polite_Voice]

Here, I found someone you might feel a kinship too, Jeff
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics