|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-11-30, 07:36
|
Disappear 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Should I allow Opera broswer to act as server?
Basically I fired up Opera and Zone Alarm pops an alert up asking if I want to allow Opera to act as a server or not. Do I have to give Opera that permission? Seems a little risky to me.
|
|
#2
 2002-11-30, 15:47
|
Chunkmiester 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Should I allow Opera broswer to act as server?
I've used Opera and Zone Alarm for ages and i've never had any problems with them. Everytime i upgrade one or the other zone alarm asks me "Do you want to allow opera access to the internet?", "Do you want to allow opera access to the network?" and "Do you want to allow opera to act as a server?". I click yes to all of them and "Remember my answer" to the interent access one and to the act as a server one. I've never had any problems or security issues. I never click on remember my answer to network access though, because i don't want a whole load of shit ware being placed on my computer without my knowing of it (i go to alot of "underground", warez and mp3 sites).
Personally i wouldn't worry about it, i never have. As far as i know allowing it to act as a server simply means that you allow it to send info out (requests) and to also allow info in (bringing things down to the cache, like website images and the such).
So that i don't have to bother starting an entire new thread- Does anyone else find that whilst using the new Opera 6.05 and quicktime player that quicktime hijacks most of the program associations within opera? I normally set it so that most imbedded video plays with windows media player, but if i ever have quicktime and opera open at the same time it automatically sets all my video preferences to quicktime.
Chunk
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|