About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-06, 23:04
Heretic5 Heretic5 is offline
Regular
 
Default Red box for palm...

Hey, I've heard of a program for a palm pilot that emits red-box tones for canadian pay phones. Does anyone know of one that works for US payphones? If so can you give me the site I can get it at? Late...
 #2 
Old 2002-11-06, 23:47
bunghole bunghole is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Red box for palm...

The canadian redbox for palm is from www.hackcanada.com , but its a bitch and a half to use on any half-modern payphone it seems. Plus what would be easier to carry around in your pocket, a quarter or your palmpilot? I usually leave my palm behind because I have no good place to carry it.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-07, 18:51
Heretic5 Heretic5 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Red box for palm...

Yeah, I have Red Palm or whatever the hell it's called, but I was wondering if anybody knows of a similar program that works for American payphones. Do you know if the Canadian version emits a 2600 kHz tone?
 #4 
Old 2002-11-08, 14:28
cense cense is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Red box for palm...

the 2600kHz tone wont work as expected on many payphons in the states.
 #5 
Old 2002-11-08, 16:48
Heretic5 Heretic5 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Red box for palm...

I know, that's why I'm looking for a Palm OS program like Red Palm that emits the 2600 kHz tone. I like in the states. Late...
 #6 
Old 2002-11-10, 05:32
cense cense is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Red box for palm...

you're looking to produce a 2600kHz tone because it does nothing....

edit: stupidity

[This message has been edited by cense (edited 11-10-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics