About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-28, 23:44
MaTrIXSpiirit MaTrIXSpiirit is offline
Regular
 
Default How can I include the serial....

When I start the installation cd, let's say for ....windows xp or whatever; Instead of typing the serial is there a way that I can make the cd do it automatically or not put it in at all?

-=MaTrIXSpiirit=-
 #2 
Old 2002-10-28, 23:51
Dion Dion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I include the serial....

I'm not sure, but I think it won't let you install the os without the cd-key. My suggestion is getting a cd-key generator.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-29, 00:29
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I include the serial....

yes i have seen it done. im not exactly sure how though. its going to require some programing knowledge and lots of toasted cd's before you get it right.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-29, 01:09
MaTrIXSpiirit MaTrIXSpiirit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I include the serial....

I got the cd's but I just need to know how... I need to look harder...any suggestions?

I'm trying google

-=MaTrIXSpirit=-
 #5 
Old 2002-10-29, 21:38
MaTrIXSpiirit MaTrIXSpiirit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I include the serial....

So no one can help me out?

-=MaTrIXSpirit=-
 #6 
Old 2002-10-29, 22:05
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I include the serial....

On WinXP, I believe that if you install it without a key, the installation will go well, but the OS just wont function. See, some Microsoft apps are programmed to check your registry for a key before they run. Without a key, you lose much functionality Try these keys: http://grrrp.tripod.com/serial.htm

[This message has been edited by runaway (edited 10-29-2002).]
 #7 
Old 2002-11-01, 05:22
skalez skalez is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I include the serial....

"Windows Millennium Pro" LOL

But back to the topic- to do what you want, you need to have a ton of programming knowledge, and not just programming knowledge, but assembly knowledge, and debugging knowledge, cracking knowledge. Essentially what you need to do is disassemble the install exe, find the serial insertion part, and change it so that instead of checking the text box for the serial, it goes to a predefined serial. This is hard to do. Really hard to do. Find some cracking "company" and get them to do it for you.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-02, 21:28
CDG CDG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I include the serial....

On win2k, you modify a file i beleive winnt.ini so that it does not require a serial to install. I think that is what you saw, as for winxp, it would either require you to bypass the install program youself, which wont be easy, or to apply a patch, which i have not yet heard about.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-04, 16:29
bunghole bunghole is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I include the serial....

quote:
Originally posted by CDG:
On win2k, you modify a file i beleive winnt.ini so that it does not require a serial to install. I think that is what you saw, as for winxp, it would either require you to bypass the install program youself, which wont be easy, or to apply a patch, which i have not yet heard about.


That would explain it; I have a burnt copy of win2k that doesnt bother about serials, its the greatest.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics