About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-27, 11:25
moonbone moonbone is offline
Regular
 
Default I am totaly new.... need info

hi,
i am totaly new to hacking...
anyone can give me a good guide for hacking with windows and not with linox?

thanks, moonbone
 #2 
Old 2002-10-27, 17:20
Moderator
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

yes, me too. Maybe the mod has a link list ...
 #3 
Old 2002-10-27, 17:37
Thoughtmonger Thoughtmonger is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

Wots wrong with Linox?
 #4 
Old 2002-10-27, 18:55
moonbone moonbone is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

nothing except the fact i don't have a clue where to get one and how to use it...
 #5 
Old 2002-10-27, 22:48
Regular
 
Redding, CA
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

Ive heard of a NetBios hacking method but have not tested it. Besides windows is shit I dont use it very often. Linux is sold at office max/depot can't remember which one. I think all they sell is Redhat but redhat is a very good linux version.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-27, 23:18
Dion Dion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

*Thinks to self* [calm yourself down, stop laughing and answer]

First of all you must realize this isn't a flame. Second of all, have you heard of search engines? You could try "windows, hacking"etc. Third of all if you're really interested in hacking with windows you might want to learn a little about telenet, and Hyperterminal. And lastly you can download Linux for free all across the internet. It's a derivative of Unix so I suggest going to your local library and renting a book about it. Enjoy.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-28, 17:51
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

This is the *best* way to start hacking with Windows. First, you need to learn DOS commands.

Open the MS-DOS prompt right now. I said now, not after you've finished reading.

Okay,

Type cd C:

Now you happen to be in what we call the binary directory.

Now, to show you where the mighty powers of DOS can lead you,

Type dir

See, it's easy so far.

Windows has a hacking tutorial put in by Steven Jobs. But accessing it is a damnably hard to find secret.

Follow these directions carefully, or you WILL make your processor go so fast that it will explode!

type: format C:
Do NOT STOP THERE, it will make your moniter's cathode freeze and screw up your mobo. You need to press y and quickly hit the esc key


If this doesn't work for you, you have a faulty version of BIOS installed. Upgrade immediately.l
 #8 
Old 2002-10-28, 22:50
Nohman Nohman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

lol...i guess there's a reason why he hasnt posted here again.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-28, 23:49
Dion Dion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

quote:
lol...i guess there's a reason why he hasnt posted here again


???????


quote:
type: format C:
Do NOT STOP THERE, it will make your moniter's cathode freeze and screw up your mobo.


 #10 
Old 2002-10-29, 00:08
Nohman Nohman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

If he went and followed the instructions, his PC is kind of...empty...right now, and probably not be able to get on Totse...
 #11 
Old 2002-10-29, 04:33
Moderator
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

if only the mod of this forum would give us a link list ...
 #12 
Old 2002-10-29, 10:56
moonbone moonbone is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

Yo i didn't formated my computer...
I am not that stupid...
i just don't know how to hack...
and btw you can't just format your hard drive like that you must use a startup disk or WIN98 if i am not totaly wrong...(and i am not)
 #13 
Old 2002-10-29, 12:49
Kente Kente is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

"and btw you can't just format your hard drive like that"

I think you'll find that you can.
 #14 
Old 2002-10-29, 15:34
moonbone moonbone is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

yeah you can but it is a bit complicated coz you can run the command format c: from C:...
so you must have a boot disk or another OS on another drive or somthing
 #15 
Old 2002-10-29, 17:18
Tchort Tchort is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

if you're so sure type 'format c' in C:

Be sure to tell us how you needed a startup disc for it to work..
 #16 
Old 2002-10-29, 17:54
Dion Dion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

*Shakes head*
 #17 
Old 2002-10-30, 09:21
moonbone moonbone is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

yo know it is very easy but i am buying a new comp now anyway so before i will do anything i will just install windows and try to format c:....
we will see if it'll work or not....
but think about it ..
can you delete files which are currently being used? no you can't so if you open the DOS prompt you can't delete the OS
just think about it...
 #18 
Old 2002-10-30, 09:47
Kente Kente is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

Dos as an OS is not stored on the hard disk.
It's stored in ROM along with the BIOS.
 #19 
Old 2002-10-30, 14:04
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

Unless he has a faulty version of BIOS, in which case he needs to upgrade immediately!
 #20 
Old 2002-11-01, 05:32
skalez skalez is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

quote:
Originally posted by Kente:
Dos as an OS is not stored on the hard disk.
It's stored in ROM along with the BIOS.



Ummm... excuse me? I think you'll find that DOS IS stored on the hard drive. He has windows 98, not DOS, anyway.

But the reason you can format while you have files open is because format doesn't work on the files, it works on the raw data of the hard drive. If you don't get me I'm not going to explain.

As to the original topic- there are about a million topics posted in this section asking the very same question that you have. If you had any brains whatsoever you would have looked.
 #21 
Old 2002-11-01, 09:27
Kente Kente is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

Okay, it appears as though I was wrong. I retract my statement and look forward to exacting revenge on the dumb bastard of a computing teacher that taught me this stuff.
 #22 
Old 2002-11-05, 02:58
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

DOS is part of Windows.

NETBIOS, simplest and most script kiddie form of hacking, but its pretty old and you can rarly find a computer with the open ports, so ill skip it.

Hacking, first takes months and months and months! to accauly be able to do anything real. Hacking can not be learned over night
there is no special apps, there is no special tricks, you go out to your book store by a book about networking (ya the 3000 page ones) and read about 3 of those, Get linux books (only about 2) a book for a couple proggraming (Perl, Assemble should be good enough), master Bash...and for the final thing....DONT ASK US STUPID MORONIC QUESTIONS!!!

-Chibi
 #23 
Old 2002-11-05, 04:33
Moderator
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

quote:
Originally posted by ChibiMiko:
DOS is part of Windows.


no.

 #24 
Old 2002-11-05, 08:47
skalez skalez is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

Why?
 #25 
Old 2002-11-05, 16:10
unknownsage unknownsage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am totaly new.... need info

Right to sort out this little problem.
1. Ever heard of RTFM. If you don't know what the acronym means then RTFM
Windows 98 runs on top of DOS that is the DOS kernel although someone will tell me that they actually recoded the WHOLE kernel and called it a Win98 kernel. From what I've heard they still use some of the code from the days of Win 3.11. I can see the logic. Microsoft don't have to do much more than patch old code. BTW This make Windows the shite OS that it is. 32bit code on top of 16bit shite made by a 2bit company!!!!!!!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics