|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-10-22, 23:11
|
SomeEverydayNobody 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Restricting a file.....
I was wondering if/how I could go about restricting a file in Win 2K, to the point where it would be practically like on another computer. I dont know if this i possible, but I know that there are programs that do things like create ghost drives, ghost printers, so would there be anything out there that can create a ghost network connection out there?
Like somehting that would allow em to make windows think this set of files is on a network computer, then put up tonnes of restrictions on it, and just try and fool around to see how secure windows really gets, as I may be setting up a small network sometime soon. As well it'de be fuin to try and get into the file.....
So if you know of anything I can do pelase, by all means share.
|
|
#2
 2002-10-23, 01:18
|
CDG 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Restricting a file.....
you can set the permission to the file to only be accesible by certain users if this is what you mean. I beleive you do this through the sharing and permission menu, however i am not certain. Please be aware that any administrator group user can view all files.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|