About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-21, 22:40
neverland04676 neverland04676 is offline
Regular
 
Default war dialer/prefix scanner

I need a free war dialer/prefix scanner. help me out peeps
 #2 
Old 2002-10-22, 00:49
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: war dialer/prefix scanner

Google.

Mother Fucking Google.

And I'm not your goddamn peep. I'm cranky, and I'm tired of everybody's pathetic questions.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-22, 01:20
MaTrIXSpiirit MaTrIXSpiirit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: war dialer/prefix scanner

I hate people comming from search engines typing in something relating to hacking or phreaking then comming here and posting something like this.
Degrading.

-=MaTrIXSpirit=-
 #4 
Old 2002-10-23, 00:07
neverland04676 neverland04676 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: war dialer/prefix scanner

Hay fuck you man. you guys are so fucking godlike!? everyones gotta start somewhere why not here?! all it takes is a couple cuntheads to fuckup someones quest for knowledge! guess what message boards are for. Questions. you guys cant hack it quit your fucking bitching and eat a dick!
 #5 
Old 2002-10-23, 00:37
cense cense is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: war dialer/prefix scanner

obviously you have a short temper. obviously you dont know what RTFM mean. obviously you are not on a quest for knowledge. If you were/knew any of these things, you would realize that your question could have been answered VERY easily in 2 SECONDS on google.

how can you begin a quest for knowledge if you do even bother to search yourself? Asking a question is not searching, your "Quest" is about seeking knowledge, NOT having it handed to you.

people here are rough assholes if you are too lazy or too ignorant to search yourself.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-23, 00:42
neverland04676 neverland04676 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: war dialer/prefix scanner

arright genious. notice i said "free". anything i find on a search engine costs hundreds of dollars. you assume i havent looked? it seems you are the ignorent one. if its so easy give me a website mr high and mighty.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-23, 01:58
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: war dialer/prefix scanner

MaTrIXSpiirit
Moderator
Posts: 387

cense
Regular
Posts: 741

neverland04676
Member
Posts: 3
Notice a lil' something? What right do you have comin in here & just blasting off at your superiors? Granted, some members can be dicks at times but nonetheless you must respect the system of senority that this BBS is based on. MatrixSpirrit was nice enough to give you some help, if you are gonna act like a dick, then be prepared to get flamed each & every post.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-23, 02:00
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: war dialer/prefix scanner

quote:
Originally posted by KamikazePimp:
MatrixSpirrit was nice enough to give you some help, if you are gonna act like a dick, then be prepared to get flamed each & every post.


ThetaReactor. Error on my part. Forgiveness plz!
 #9 
Old 2002-10-23, 02:37
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: war dialer/prefix scanner

neverland04676:

I spent five minutes searching. Five minutes. Just to prove that you are a pathetic loser with no initiative.
http://www.hackers.com/html/archive.3.html

Check the scanners section. Try ToneLoc.
http://packetstormsecurity.nl/groups/thc/

Do a find-in-page search for THC-Scan.

There are enough hacking/phreaking utilities there to keep you busy for quite some time. I suggest you go learn something. If you can't spend five minutes with Google, you sure as hell won't wait hours while those dialers do their work.

KamikazePimp:

Forgiveness shall be yours, as long as you acknowledge that I have as many posts as those two guys put together, proving that I truly have nothing better to do with my time.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-23, 03:14
cense cense is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: war dialer/prefix scanner

I never said that I am "mr high and mighty, but at least i can search.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-23, 05:34
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: war dialer/prefix scanner

If you musy use a war-dialer, I would not use a dos-based one. ESPECIALLY if you have WIN98 or higher. Nowadays REAL hacking is mainly done through the wide & wonderful world of the I-net. Graduate high-school first and take networking in college. It will greatly boost your experience. I take N/W Essentials, but I need to go full time. College is so fuckin expensive. I just don't have the $$$ at this point.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-23, 12:50
cense cense is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: war dialer/prefix scanner

ToneLoc is one of the best out there regardless if it is DOS based or not... and yes, wardialing is dying however there are still some areas in which it may prove useful.

I suppose like many people have to say, its really moving over to cellar phreaking and WLAN hacking.

KamikazePimp: Network Essentials is OK but there is *so* much more out there in terms of routing, switching and operating systems. I learned that early on because of the way my college was teaching us.

I did the CCNA curriculum last year (in college) and we learned some basic things. Now we are doing CCNP curriculum and they bring up technologies that complete invalidate what they taught us in the CCNA stuff.

Example: CCNA curriculum talks about IPv4 addresses being restricted to Classes. This is bullshit, the Internet now (and for quite some time has) runs on a classless system using Variable Length Subnet Masks (VLSM) and Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) as the two prominent technologies which allow for us to break those class boundaries (and conserve addresses at the same time, along with NAT).

Only a few Institutions in the world really get down into the real networking end of computing. I am lucky (so fucking lucky) to be at a college where we are learning this stuff hands on right in a massive lab built for this very purpose. If you can find such a place, I HIGHLY recommend it since you seem to be really into this stuff.

I just wanted to hand out some advise if you decide to hit up network some more KamikazePimp. If I sound like an arrogant bitch, just tell me to shut up, I wont take it offensively
 #13 
Old 2002-10-23, 18:04
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: war dialer/prefix scanner

quote:
Originally posted by cense:
KamikazePimp: Network Essentials is OK but there is *so* much more out there in terms of routing, switching and operating systems. I learned that early on because of the way my college was teaching us.



I'm only in my first year of college. I'm just going with the recommended 3 year course for an associates degree.AFter my first year, I hope to get setup in a coop program where I can apply my skills & make some $$$ at the same time.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics