About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-26, 17:08
Scientist Scientist is offline
Regular
 
Default How does this Javascript password script works?

Hello, I am doing challenges and all that, and I keep running on these javascript password scripts. Now I would like to ask how this script defines the password. And don't get me wrong, im not the kind of person who just wants to know the password, I really want to learn from this by seeing and understanding how it works.

Here is the script:

<script>

var numletter="0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ"

function submitentry(){

verification=document.challenge.passwd.value

alert("searching.");
alert("searching..");
alert("searching...");

password = numletter.substring(11,12)
password = password + numletter.substring(18,19)
password = password + numletter.substring(23,24)
password = password + numletter.substring(16,17)
password = password + numletter.substring(24,25)
password = password + numletter.substring(1,4)

if(verification == password){
alert("Goed gedaan, gebruikt dit wachtwoord op de challenge pagina!");
}else{
alert("Wachtwoord test mislukt!");
}

}
</script>


I would be most thankful for any help and tips.

Greetz,

- Scientist

 #2 
Old 2002-09-26, 17:57
Moderator
 
Default Re: How does this Javascript password script works?

so you know unix commands but don�t know how to count? A substring?

bcij ...
 #3 
Old 2002-09-26, 18:06
Scientist Scientist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How does this Javascript password script works?

I'm not a *nix guru or something, never said I was.

And I have been trying to count it all up and combine it all, yet it doesnt seem to work that way.

Greetz,

- Scientist
 #4 
Old 2002-09-26, 18:55
Scientist Scientist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How does this Javascript password script works?

Sorry! I was right anyway! I was to damn tired to focus, but I get it now

- Scientist
 #5 
Old 2002-10-03, 20:24
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How does this Javascript password script works?

The password is
abhimnfgno03
not sure if you got that or not.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-04, 01:52
Richard Bell Richard Bell is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How does this Javascript password script works?

Hear is another java script problem i have came accross, how do i crack/get passed a java script password box if i cannot see the source of the webpage>?<
 #7 
Old 2002-10-04, 07:48
Moderator
 
Default Re: How does this Javascript password script works?

quote:
Originally posted by 6C:
The password is
abhimnfgno03
not sure if you got that or not.



isn�t it funny that 8 days after the problem has obviously been solved someone comes up with a wrong solution. What is it? You wanna make us think you�re dumb? You�ve been successfully ...

 #8 
Old 2002-10-04, 11:25
Regular
 
Texas USA
Default Re: How does this Javascript password script works?

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Bell:
Hear is another java script problem i have came accross, how do i crack/get passed a java script password box if i cannot see the source of the webpage>?<


Save a copy of the web page to a file on your computer and view it through notepad.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-06, 03:25
pRiMo_PyRo pRiMo_PyRo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How does this Javascript password script works?

why not just right click and veiw source?
 #10 
Old 2002-10-06, 06:19
skalez skalez is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How does this Javascript password script works?

or view menu...source, if some kewl has disabled rightclick (i don't see the point- you can always get what you want anyway)
 #11 
Old 2002-10-06, 11:52
Regular
 
Texas USA
Default Re: How does this Javascript password script works?

quote:
Originally posted by pRiMo_PyRo:
why not just right click and veiw source?


It's just one way of doing it...and is easier to explain than going in to how to view source on all the damn frames if the site is set up that way, because all "view source" from the toolbar will do is give you the source that builds and tags the frames, not the actual source from each frame...*shrug* (assuming the right click is disabled)

I prefer to give the most generally useful advice that I can come up with quickly, rather than have to explain each little twist on the problem and it's "specific" solution...

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics