|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-09-18, 15:30
|
Badfingerz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
This is getting intresting
Hi,
Not posted for a while here, been working, reading and women getting pissed off at me because she thinks I am a boring dude now. To tell you to truth I don�t care this is what I like this is what I will do. Funny if you ask me.
Sometime ago I brought up the subject of the routing table and found the route command and mentioned it here. I was trying to bounce from server to server like chaining proxy servers but that�s not what it�s all about is it.
The attack that I want to learn is a quite one, one which doesn�t get noticed. I have read many texts on cracking�. Yawn� To me that�s not hacking.
I mention about packet sniffing not knowing too much about it sorry for that. Was reading so many different texts and not learning them in full. I am taking more time with the areas I am working on. After doing some reading I have noticed that for me to sniff the network I need to be playing man in the middle. For me to do that I would have to get the list of IPs for route command from the router. I do not know how to do it but I well get it. My first question is will a tcp/ip book cover this, I got this book cost me all my wages. I will post link; I liked the discretion that went with it. Don�t worry about the actual command route because I am going Linux. It was just to give an example because I don�t know what I am trying do is called. That may help me in search engines if I knew.
Here is the tcp/ip book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201776316/qid=1032364533/sr=1-10/ref=sr_1_3_10/026-8162449-7026802
I also have Suse Linux on its way, I just ordered right from there main site they had downloads but it�s my first time with Linux the books will be useful. I read about it and looked at pictures; it looks like a GUI is there a command line. My reason for asking is that the books that I have got all look command line tools.
Bad
|
|
#2
 2002-09-18, 15:43
|
Badfingerz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: This is getting intresting
p
[This message has been edited by Badfingerz (edited 09-23-2002).]
|
|
#3
 2002-09-18, 16:11
|
cense 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: This is getting intresting
To play "man-in-the-middle" you will have to use something called ARP cache poisoning. ARP is Address Resolution Protocol. ARPs job is to translate logical addresses to physical address or, in other words, IP addresses to MAC addresses.
ARP poisoning is the act of sending out false ARP replies. It sends out fake ARP packets that say your machine is the default gateway/router. Basically saying that the gateways IP address is associated with your MAC. Since switches work on layer 2, other hosts will have your MAC assigned to the gateway IP and thus the switch will forward to you instead of to the router...
|
|
#4
 2002-09-18, 20:54
|
syphon detonator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: This is getting intresting
yes suse has a command line just like every other linux distro ever made. if you want solely command just download netbsd for free. or you can get mandrake and a whole slew of other nixes for free (please pay for them if you plan to keep using).
|
|
#5
 2002-09-24, 13:17
|
Badfingerz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: This is getting intresting
I have been using google while I wait on books coming and I came across another way to achieve similar results. This does not sniff the wire but is reroutes some traffic from a router and sends it to some other place, capture it and resend it to the router. Making another hop. http://www.phrack.com/phrack/56/p56-0x0a
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|