About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-07-11, 14:12
ArtistRich ArtistRich is offline
Regular
 
Default An IP and Port Pipe Dream?

Skip through if after reading a bit you get the idea and have a solution.
Here's the scenario:
(Someday)I get a visitor to my website. I can find out a few things about this visitor automatically, such as their current USER IP address and HOST IP address. Using the host IP, I can pretty easily find their MAIL SERVER.
If I address an email to:
"USER IP"@"(HOST IP)MAIL SERVER"
will the email arrive at the users default email inbox?

Instead of manual entry by the user, I'd like to log the email addresses of those who visit my site on their initial page hit.

Thanks for your input.

ArtistRich
 #2 
Old 2002-07-11, 14:21
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: An IP and Port Pipe Dream?

http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum11/HTML/000550.html
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics