About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-07-05, 08:00
mike19 mike19 is offline
Regular
 
Default How can I test if my IPadress is really hidden?

I'm using a program (UfaSocksChain) to hide my ip, but how can I be sure that it's realy hidden?
 #2 
Old 2002-07-05, 10:40
Moderator
 
Default Re: How can I test if my IPadress is really hidden?

for starters.

But your IP can be traced if you use this programm. Just to add, when I looked at ufasoft.com, I found a dialer, a sniffer etc.; a descripton of the prog (allow it to connect to 127.0.0.1 : 1081 (you could install a trojan, would be the same)); banners of mail.ru (sorry, cense).
You shouldn�t use this program, really.
 #3 
Old 2002-07-05, 13:15
cense cense is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I test if my IPadress is really hidden?

mail.ru banners! woo! are you making fun of my russian mail host? hehe
 #4 
Old 2002-07-07, 18:19
alive alive is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I test if my IPadress is really hidden?

hide your IP from what exactly?
 #5 
Old 2002-07-08, 09:50
mike19 mike19 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I test if my IPadress is really hidden?

To hide it from other users I think? Is it illegal to connect to a PC en look in it's shared files anyway?
 #6 
Old 2002-07-08, 23:59
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I test if my IPadress is really hidden?

Its not possible to hide IP adresses. Can you hide the number 5,000? No you can't. Your IP address is a number (like on your house). It is not possible to hide this number.

However to contact your computer a person must guess or know your uniquie IP address. To be completely immune log off the net and never log on again. Since that probally is not a solution, you will need to stay off services that make your IP address public knowledge. Services like IRC is a prime example. With a simple command a person can lookup your IP address and then proceed to do whatever they wish to it. So you can only minimize your chances of a person figuring out your IP. As long as you are on the net you are always in some shape or form leaving an _IP trail_ (sick i know). As long as your on the net someone can always try to guess your IP address. They have a 1/2^32 or a 1/4294967296 chance of guessing your IP address. So chances are people won't be able to guess it right away, but the possiblity still exists.
 #7 
Old 2002-07-09, 05:08
Moderator
 
Default Re: How can I test if my IPadress is really hidden?

do we really have to discuss this again?
 #8 
Old 2002-07-09, 08:53
mike19 mike19 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I test if my IPadress is really hidden?

Ok, thanks for the info.
 #9 
Old 2002-07-09, 20:17
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I test if my IPadress is really hidden?

*punches BSK in the nose*

ha there ya go! i win

but seriously just look up that conversation it has a lot of info in it
 #10 
Old 2002-07-12, 23:20
johnnyemopunk johnnyemopunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I test if my IPadress is really hidden?

if your using windows you can test if its working by connecting to localhost using some other program (try running kazaa, then open a web browser and type 'http://localhost:1214', then open MS-DOS and type netstat - look for your ip:1214, if its something totalydiffrent:1214, the u know it works.
 #11 
Old 2002-07-12, 23:48
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I test if my IPadress is really hidden?

http://www.wired.com/news/privacy/0,1848,53799,00.html
 #12 
Old 2002-07-13, 10:49
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How can I test if my IPadress is really hidden?

thanks wintermute interesting read.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics