About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-21, 00:50
pRiMo_PyRo pRiMo_PyRo is offline
Regular
 
Default what os do you use?

just curious and also what flavor/version

and why
im a curious little boy!!

[This message has been edited by pRiMo_PyRo (edited 05-21-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-05-21, 01:36
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what os do you use?

I use several opererating systems on my computers.

On my fastest computer, i dual-boot winblows XP pro and mandrake linux 8.1

I also have an old 500 Mhz dell, i have mandrake linux 7.something

I have an old laptop running vector linux, and i have two other old pentium 200's that run vector linux.

 #3 
Old 2002-05-21, 01:43
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what os do you use?

all of my boxes run windows 98. my fastest is in a dual boot with mandrake and windows 98. also the family computer is running 2000+
 #4 
Old 2002-05-21, 03:43
cense cense is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what os do you use?

I got my router running slak 8.0 which kicks ass. My workstation dual boots win2k and slakware 7.1 which I am soon changing to debian 3.0. I also have win95 on this other computer that is crap.
 #5 
Old 2002-05-21, 16:24
t0ne t0ne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what os do you use?

My friend is giving me 2 boxes soon so on them I'll have win 98, FreeBsd, and OpenBsd.

On my laptop, I have win98 and Mandrake 8...

On the computer I'm using, I use just Windows 98...I'd never use anything over 98, simply becuase Micro$oft is getting really lame with their newer Windows (XP and ME)
 #6 
Old 2002-05-21, 20:25
j0662 j0662 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what os do you use?

Family computer: Win98se & Redhat7.1

My Computer: Slackware8.0 & Dos6.22 with Win3.1
 #7 
Old 2002-05-21, 22:51
pRiMo_PyRo pRiMo_PyRo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what os do you use?

apparently you like command lines
 #8 
Old 2002-05-22, 02:31
Dr Spock Dr Spock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what os do you use?

win98 se the "ONLY" choice for the sensible gamer.
 #9 
Old 2002-05-22, 04:19
the creator the creator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what os do you use?

I have about five machines a couple of them are servers. My webserver which runs the chemhead bbs is windows 2000 advanced server. My server that runs the main page of chemhead is redhat 7.3 with a LSM kernel patch. My personal machine runs just redhat 7.3. My family computer runs windows XP pro corporate editon. And my laptop slackware. You can check out the chemhead page at http://chemhead.homelinux.com . I host the whole setup for acidmelt.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics