|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-05-18, 20:11
|
G Fresh2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Collecting Viruses
In another post, Viper said
"...its a trojan alright. I collect them - ive got over 700mg of trojans and viruses."
This sounds pretty cool. Where are some sources to download viruses? I won't unleash them on anyone, but it would be cool just to have a collection of them.
|
|
#2
 2002-05-18, 21:50
|
Viper2002 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
Thankyou. I like to keep the fans happy.
You can pick up the usual trojans,Viruses all over the internet, its a litle bit harder to get the older and less efective ones. I mainly collect because I like to see how they behave when run, I have an old standalone Pentium 1 that I run them on(better than throwing it out I suppose). If you dont have an old computer that you dont need anymore then I wouldent run any trojans or viruses because some of them are realy tricky to remove.
I started my collection through downloading differnt trojans from websites from their I became interested in viruses. I have writen a few viruses but I havent released them on the net(for now anyway), and I am planning my first trojan for the summer break.
If you want to start your collection from one site I would recomend: WWW.TLSECURITY.COM
This is a great site, massively underated It will give you all you need to get started. You can download alot of things from here, most of the viruses come with their source code. After you have played around with what you find here, a searce engine and the right words will get you anything else you want, if you cant find anything you need, feel free to ask and if I can ill give you a site that will help.
Hope this helps.
_--===\/IPER===--_
|
|
#3
 2002-05-19, 03:59
|
|
Forum Administrator
|
|
Columbus Ohio
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
**points and laughs** stupid H4x0rz. just make your own, otherwise almost any antivirus will detect it. ever looked at the norton virus list? its pretty damn long. they make programs that are virus and trojan creators. use one of those. OR you could be normal and not be a jerk by messing with other peoples computers and not send them crap.
|
|
#4
 2002-05-19, 05:34
|
SomeEverydayNobody 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
zok's got it!
|
|
#5
 2002-05-19, 12:10
|
Viper2002 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
Who�s being a jerk?
There is nothing wrong with examining other people�s software so that you can improve your own; I believe its called benchmarking (I did quite a bit of that for my computing coursework). I have already said that I have written my own viri, I don�t collect other people to use, and I collect it so I can see what they are doing and how different programmers are writing their viruses. I have no intention on using I knowledge I gain to create malicious viruses, I am only interested in creating a virus that would be very hard to detect and perform a function I have not decided on yet. At the moment I am just examining all of the different viri transportation type programmers use. I have been programming for a couple of years now I am more than capable of writing a malicious virus if I wanted to (Which I don�t). I am more interested on writing backdoor software but as I said I haven�t got around to that yet.
_--===:\/IPER:===--_
|
|
#6
 2002-05-19, 12:25
|
Viper2002 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
quote: Originally posted by Zok: **points and laughs** stupid H4x0rz. just make your own, otherwise almost any antivirus will detect it. ever looked at the norton virus list? its pretty damn long. they make programs that are virus and trojan creators. use one of those. OR you could be normal and not be a jerk by messing with other peoples computers and not send them crap.
Nothing you said is relevent in the slightest to what I do, Maybe you should read it again (or for the first time) and not be so quick to judge. _--===:\/IPER:===--_
|
|
#7
 2002-05-20, 21:55
|
Pyr0-Optimist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
hey viper, your link didn't work...
|
|
#8
 2002-05-21, 10:58
|
Viper2002 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
Looks like the page is down or its been took down if you get my meaning.
-\/ipeR__
[This message has been edited by Viper2002 (edited 05-21-2002).]
|
|
#9
 2002-06-24, 06:09
|
Styles_E 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
does anybody know where i can get a trojan, that wont fuck up my computer when i download it?
cause last time i did that shit it fucked my shit up. i aint gonna use it to do no harm, is just that me an my cuzin want to see what we can do wit em. if you can help me on that one. that would be coo
|
|
#10
 2002-06-25, 02:14
|
cense 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
you got it right the first time viper (in the previous thread):
the plural for virus is viruses not virii. virii is just some coined term, hence it sounds cooler or something
boy that was pointless. im stupid. leave me and my hole.
|
|
#11
 2002-06-25, 06:02
|
overRide resSurRection 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
lol cense. u always make me laugh.
well, i figure i better contribute since i hit the reply button, so here it goes:
i hate viruses......i don't know to write a decent one, and people send me a shitload. (i have made some cyber enemies over the past few years.)
well there it is kiddos, take it for what its worth.....
whatdafuckduzdatmeananyways?
ok why did i do that....i must be tired. my job sucks. dont dishwash for a living. if u think i am joking, go out and get a damn job as a dishwasher. it is balls to the walls work. i work at a nice big hotel and i am usually the only dishpusher. yeah, it sucks. nice 11 hour days yyaaaaayy. my fingernails are fallin apart.
|
|
#12
 2002-06-26, 03:26
|
NapalmNate505 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
Anybody get this on their comp.? somebody took over my computer ( the cursor even ) and started deleting stuff, and messing stuff up, then they got on my Yahoo Messenger and got on their name and started talking to me on the computer, and this freaked me out, and then i figured out that dumbass hackers made a new software program that takes control of yur computer ( Even if you have Firewall )
Doesnt happen to me anymore though, i told the dude to leave my comp. alone, and he left, and didnt bother coming back.
Anyway, i think the kind of Hackers and Virus Makers that fuck up your computer are all dumb evil motherfuckers who dont have a life of their own, and want to take control and put an end to a innocent victim's computer to hell, I mean why do that to somebody it's just wrong, they didnt do nothing to you, but mind their business, yet you put viruses on their comp. and mess it up. And Evil Fuckers need to be homicidal murdered and butt raped in hell.
Yet the good hackers that don't do any of that, i have no opinion on them, but theyre ok. They dont bother me a bit, the kind who find viruses and wipe them out, and the kind who respect your privacy and secure your computer for its safety, on evil motherfucking hackers trying to take over it.
But yeah, thats all i got to say.
|
|
#13
 2002-06-26, 03:53
|
overRide resSurRection 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
lol.
the "good" hackers u are talking about are the intelligent ones. they don't risk jailtime to piss some dude in Uganda off. instead, they let people know how smart they are by showing them how to be safe. i get mad props all the time just for explaining how stuff works. like that analyzer dude who hacked the pentagon. i have madd respect for that guy, because he knew how to get in. but i have equal respect for the dudes the caught him. u dont have to do bad shtuff to get respect. fame, i admit is bended towards the bad dudes, but still....
ok my head hurts im stopping.
|
|
#14
 2002-06-26, 18:18
|
Viper2002 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
quote: Originally posted by cense: the plural for virus is viruses not virii. virii is just some coined term, hence it sounds cooler or something
I always value your input cense, but I think we both know that if we are going to pull people up on their terminology there are much worse people in this forum. No names need be mentioned, I am sure it wont take people many guesses to see whom I am aiming at, and it is not you cense. quote: Originally posted by NapalmNate505: Anyway, i think the kind of Hackers and Virus Makers that fuck up your computer are all dumb evil motherfuckers who dont have a life of their own, and want to take control and put an end to a innocent victim's computer to hell, I mean why do that to somebody it's just wrong, they didnt do nothing to you, but mind their business, yet you put viruses on their comp. and mess it up. And Evil Fuckers need to be homicidal murdered and butt raped in hell.
I have had to reformat several times due to malicious viruses, so I can very much understand your anger. However I myself have written several non-malicious viruses and I can assure you that, from my point of view the developers are nothing like you seem to believe. Virus writers are typically clever people who like real hackers write their own software to compromise security holes. I certainly do don�t condone the writing of malicious code in any form, but I certainly respect anyone who writes their own software above any of these fake hackers. The day when you can say you could if you wanted too I will respect that, but calling the developers of this software stupid is rather more of an insult to yourself if their skills outreach yours. quote: Originally posted by overRide resSurRection: i hate viruses......i don't know to write a decent one, and people send me a shitload. (i have made some cyber enemies over the past few years.)
Okay then. quote: Originally posted by overRide resSurRection: the "good" hackers u are talking about are the intelligent ones. they don't risk jailtime to piss some dude in Uganda off. instead, they let people know how smart they are by showing them how to be safe. i get mad props all the time just for explaining how stuff works. like that analyzer dude who hacked the pentagon. i have madd respect for that guy, because he knew how to get in. but i have equal respect for the dudes the caught him. u dont have to do bad shtuff to get respect. fame, i admit is bended towards the bad dudes, but still....
Okay, now I understand a bad hacker is somebody who writes a virus a good hacker is somebody who compromises the security of a counties defence computers. quote: Originally posted by NapalmNate505: Yet the good hackers that don't do any of that, i have no opinion on them, but theyre ok. They dont bother me a bit, the kind who find viruses and wipe them out, and the kind who respect your privacy and secure your computer for its safety, on evil motherfucking hackers trying to take over it.
Hacking by any real defininition, discounting all of the bullshit some people can�t help but speak is the process of circumventing security measures taken by others. Nobody who does not really engage in this kind of illegal activity could honestly say they are a hacker unless they play allot of war games and hack their own machines, even then they have probably broken a software law somewhere. There is absolutely no skill involved in using a good trojan or virus but there certainly is in writing one. VIPER[This message has been edited by Viper2002 (edited 06-26-2002).]
|
|
#15
 2002-06-27, 06:01
|
overRide resSurRection 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
no viper, u got me all wrong bro. just i have respect for the analyzer doesnt mean im saying hes good. i was just meaking clear definitions of nate's "good" and "bad" hacker deal. i was going to further elaborate on that but forgot to after i started thinking about the analyzer. so here it is, and this is sheerly my opinion:
good hacker: the guy that can put your life to and end by screwing u to no end by way of cyberspace, but instead uses his time and effort to teach the less intelligent how to protect themselves from cyber criminals.
bad hacker : a guy with alot of skillz who would rather spend his time taking money out of your bank account.
i can explain it again if you want me to....
|
|
#16
 2002-06-29, 00:05
|
Jadedfool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
quote:
I believe its called benchmarking
you believe wrong...
|
|
#17
 2002-06-29, 00:44
|
Viper2002 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
Jaded, I have studied business and software development for years now. Benchmarking (BPB) is a technique used by businesses to help them discover the best way of doing something within the business. A critical part of this technique is to study and understand how a successful company carries out this task, whatever it may be. In the case of software there is no reason why a person could not �benchmark� similar successful software and its authors techniques to understand the best way to build their software etc. quote: Originally posted by Viper2002: There is nothing wrong with examining other people�s software so that you can improve your own; I believe its called benchmarking
The phrase works perfectly jaded, maybe it�s your head that doesn�t. VIPER[This message has been edited by Viper2002 (edited 06-29-2002).]
|
|
#18
 2002-06-29, 06:02
|
Jadedfool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
Benchmarking is measuring performance of various competing software or hardware.
reverse engineering their software to improve your own, while a perfectly respectable technique, is not benchmarking...
|
|
#19
 2002-06-29, 07:45
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
well, benchmarking and simulation are nearly the same, just the techheads use benchmarking for the thing Jaded� said, and the officeheads use both terms without knowing the difference.
|
|
#20
 2002-06-30, 06:15
|
overRide resSurRection 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
lol viper layed the diss down on jaded. i dunno about u guys but i would be kinda scared to do that. i compliment u on your ballsiness.
|
|
#21
 2002-07-06, 00:26
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
Hey viper you said you carry virus i was wondering if youwould have a copy of the SirCam virus or source code or both if so could you please e-mail me thanx
pyrus@shaw.ca
[This message has been edited by warweed12 (edited 07-06-2002).]
|
|
#22
 2002-07-06, 00:47
|
Viper2002 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
I don�t have them unfortunately if I do come across them I will get it too you, Sorry I cant help you out anyway.
VIPER
|
|
#23
 2002-07-06, 21:05
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Collecting Viruses
no problem
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|