|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-05-17, 17:35
|
SCORPO 
Regular
|
|
|
|
I WANT TO LEARN
I WANT TO LEARN ALL I CAN ABOUT ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING RELATING TO COMPS IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT WANTING TO TEACH THEN SAY SOO ONLY IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO DO SO THAT IS
|
|
#2
 2002-05-17, 18:01
|
Wintermute 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I WANT TO LEARN
Ok, I'm serious about wanting to teach, and here's what I'll teach you.
Look at your keyboard. Look to the left.
Look 3 keys up from the bottom left of your keyboard.
See that key? Says "Caps Lock" on it.
Press it.
Voila.
|
|
#3
 2002-05-17, 21:03
|
Viper2002 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I WANT TO LEARN
See learning doesn't have to be hard.
--=:\/IPER:=--
[This message has been edited by Viper2002 (edited 05-17-2002).]
|
|
#4
 2002-05-18, 01:06
|
SomeEverydayNobody 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I WANT TO LEARN
People like this annoy me. Like, I'de like to learn as well, but I'm not going to do things like simply ask epople to teach me. I've just be reading text. The best way I found to start learning about computers, was to read some simple stuff on building them (I've built almost an entire computer, but I read them anyways) Then, I've gotta read on what types of OS' there are. (Windows, linux, unix, solaris, mac, beos, free bsd) And then I want to try to gain some experience (even be it minimal) with all, by settign up a crappy little computer, that I can set OS' up on, format, kick, whatever. Just soemthing that doesn't matter!
While gaining experience with each OS, I will tattempt to focus on Windows, Linux, Unix, and Free BSD, seeing as how they're probably the most used for servers. (Windows not so much as the others I'de imagine, but a lot of small networks run NT) So what I hope to accomplish, is to gain person experience through these OS', while trying to master the more important ones. I know its not going to be at all easy, or happen over night. This is somethign I plan on doing for the next few years.
Don't expect anyone to simply out and say "Hey, yeah. Well, do this and this and this, and you get that! See!?" Simply come up with a plan for yourself and start to educate, and simply ask things that run on a more specific note.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|