About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-17, 14:35
E.S.T: E.S.T: is offline
Regular
 
Default social misfits

are there any ebooks, sites or guides about survival TECHniques for the average computer enthusiast who finds them-selfs in odds with a world filled with luddies and technophobianz....?

---------
Estrada
 #2 
Old 2002-05-19, 16:21
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: social misfits

I don't know of any, but I could probably write one, maybe I should do that? Hmmmm...that would be a good book deal.
 #3 
Old 2002-05-20, 02:04
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: social misfits

the hackers manifesto?
 #4 
Old 2002-05-20, 05:32
Moderator
 
Default Re: social misfits

go to Project Gutenberg and search for texts with the keywords computer or hacker.
 #5 
Old 2002-05-22, 00:13
Dr Spock Dr Spock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: social misfits

Post more often here, you'll feel better. 8)

lol I was accused today of being the future creator of the matrix and the AI that runs it. 8)
 #6 
Old 2002-05-23, 12:50
unknownsage unknownsage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: social misfits

I thought Project Gutenberg has absolutely nothing of use.
 #7 
Old 2002-05-23, 14:46
Moderator
 
Default Re: social misfits

quote:
Originally posted by unknownsage:
I thought Project Gutenberg has absolutely nothing of use.


and who are you?

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics