About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-01, 15:57
Nocturne Nocturne is offline
Regular
 
Default Ip Hiding - Does anybody freaking know?

Ok being paranoid that I am, I'm still trying to hide my ip and heard that it can be done - real ip hiding like editing the packets or something, not that proxy bull. But I can't find a good resource or person where I can follow up. Does anybody know how to and if you do please help. Also if anybody knows an up to date file where I can read this process that would be great too. Another thing when I go to dslreports.com I use their ip tools to sniff my ip using an "anonymous" proxy - they always detect it. When I allowed my firewall the connection I see that dsl queried explorer.exe for the info. So I don't know what the hell other ip sniffers be looking at, but dsl always gets it right and it's so annoying! So please help a paranoid mind. Thank you
 #2 
Old 2002-02-01, 17:11
Moderator
 
Default Re: Ip Hiding - Does anybody freaking know?

what do you need it for? Which OS, on IM, etc.....
 #3 
Old 2002-02-01, 18:03
Nocturne Nocturne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ip Hiding - Does anybody freaking know?

Winbloze ME, and browsing the web. I need to learn it so does anybody know some resources or tools? Anybody can use a proxy. I need to know real ip hiding.
 #4 
Old 2002-02-02, 01:33
j0662 j0662 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ip Hiding - Does anybody freaking know?

Ok, so according to my basic understanding of IP/TCP, you cant just totaly hide your IP from the world, if you did, you may as well pack up your modem and take it back to the shop. You have to give out your IP to somewhere otherwise the packets will not reach your computer. Thats why a Proxy or badly configured wingate are the best and easyest ways.

If im right, editing the packets will simply cause the packets to be replied to a different computer, great if you want to flood/hack the computer, not so great if you want to recive any infomation. This is called IP spoofing, you dont want to be doing this.

Another thing, why are you paranoied? if you dont know that much then i doubt you will know enough to get into any trouble ne ways. People jus need to chill. Lifes not worth the hassel of getting stressed out.
 #5 
Old 2002-02-02, 07:39
MR.SMITH MR.SMITH is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ip Hiding - Does anybody freaking know?

!!_-The following statment will be very immature-_!!

HA HA HA HA winbloze me HA HA HA HA

dont be so paranoid man, no one is going to fuck with you, if you didnt do anything...
 #6 
Old 2002-02-02, 08:45
Jadedfool Jadedfool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ip Hiding - Does anybody freaking know?

At this point you have two options.

First.

Spoof a few hundred packets with inaccurate source addresses to the site you wish to communicate with. It'll reply to all of them and yer address will get lost in the crowd.

Of course that kills your connection speed with the massive amount of request packets you send out, and those can still be traced if someone is determined enough.

Second :

Hack several backbone routers and add some forwarding rules that forward packets with a certain fictional ip address to your computer.

Either of these is probably beyond your abilities, so I'd suggest just using the lame ass web proxies.
 #7 
Old 2002-02-02, 11:17
Moderator
 
Default Re: Ip Hiding - Does anybody freaking know?

there are more options, because there are several things to be fixed. Just go here http://www.computerbytesman.com/privacy/supercookiedemo.htm and you�ll know one of them. If you need it for web browsing, use a shell, if you need it for chatting, use trillian, if you want it for e-mails, use @nonymouse.com. The rest is really to hard for you if you�re new to the protos. Or just type in google tutorial spoofing.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics