About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-01, 07:09
Veovis05 Veovis05 is offline
Regular
 
Default Network hacking advice needed

I'm not sure if I have enough information for you guys to help me, I'm not a hacker (But not a lamer either, I've been looking everywhere for info on this stuff!). Here's the situation: Our friendly campus network fuckers have put a bandwidth inhibitor on the peer-to-peer file sharing port, meaning no KaZaA, Morpheus, nothin'. I want it back! What can I do? Anything? People keep talking about "proxy tunnels..." someone enlighten me please?
thanks,
-Veovis
 #2 
Old 2002-02-02, 01:38
j0662 j0662 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Network hacking advice needed

If its port specific as you say can you just change the port you share on?
 #3 
Old 2002-02-02, 06:47
Veovis05 Veovis05 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Network hacking advice needed

The information I recieved was that it was port specific. I still don't know what port I should use (I could change it through the SOCK5 proxy option in KaZaA, right?), though I'm sure there's some ridiculously obvious way of discovering this... perhaps someone would be so kind as to further enlighten a poor n00b?
Thanks.
Veovis
 #4 
Old 2002-02-03, 06:15
cense cense is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Network hacking advice needed

What you need to do is get software such as the stuff at http://www.httptunnel.com/. What this does is send those socks 5 (morpheus uses sock 5) packets through an http "tunnel" meaning they get sent out the http port (80) to a server that then forwards them to the morpheus (for example) server. The opposite also happens when they send the info back to you.

The only trouble I can see with these tunnels is that if the tunnel server gets heavily used, the speed slows down quite a bit. This may not be your solution.

Im not sure if I made cense but hey, thats me.

--
cEnsE
jargonboy
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics