About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-12-17, 05:28
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default What is

How would I find the find the IP table for 4 seperate networks on the class C. Table must be in Base10 and Base16 for the IP 63.102.8.0 ?? Please, I really need this info, thanks....

------------------
-@OsiriS@-
Homage to thee, O Osiris, the lord of eternity, the king of the gods, thou who hast many names, whose forms of coming into being are holy, whose attributes are hidden in the temples.
 #2 
Old 2001-12-18, 23:37
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is

Come on anyone?
 #3 
Old 2001-12-19, 00:53
ytinu ytinu is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is

I'm a little confused by your question and probably can't give you a satisfactory answer. Class C networks are mostly like 192.x.x.x but thats about all I know about class C IP addresses. Routers can be tricky things to set up properly but that might not be what you want to know about. Clarify your question a bit and I might be able to help you
 #4 
Old 2001-12-19, 01:48
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is

Just forgot about the class C, how would I do the rest though?
 #5 
Old 2001-12-19, 08:12
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is

okay i don't quite understand your question but i'll try to break things down to the best of my knowledge.

Address Classes (as netmasks):

A: 255.0.0.0
B: 255.255.0.0
C: 255.255.255.0

base10 is decimal.
base16 is hexidecmal (hex).

Converting between base10(decimal) and base16(hex) can be done with the windows calculator.

63.102.8.0 is an ip address in dotted _decimal_ notation.

3F.66.08.00 is an ip address in dotted _hexidecimal_ notation.

0x3F660800 is the ip address in hex in network byte order (big endian).

0x0008663F is the ip address in hex in little endian (normally intel based clients).

If using this address 63.102.8.0 i can be represented into different classes as so:

A: 63.0.0.0 (netmask 255.0.0.0)
B: 63.102.0.0 (netmask 255.255.0.0)
C: 63.102.8.0 (netmask 255.255.255.0)

Or displayed in dotted hex notation

A: 3F.00.00.00 (netmask FF.00.00.00)
B: 3F.66.00.00 (netmask FF.FF.00.00)
C: 3F.66.08.00 (netmask FF.FF.FF.00)

I hope this helps out... for i didn't really understand the question in the first place.
 #6 
Old 2001-12-19, 11:07
Moderator
 
Default Re: What is

huh? I thought you�ve been talking about a script ... you�ve been talking about subnets.
 #7 
Old 2001-12-19, 11:27
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is

lol, i have no clue what he was talking about. Im just spewing out enough relivant info to try to help him.
 #8 
Old 2001-12-19, 23:41
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is

I know what your talking about and I odn't need that, but thanks anyway.......

------------------
-@OsiriS@-
Homage to thee, O Osiris, the lord of eternity, the king of the gods, thou who hast many names, whose forms of coming into being are holy, whose attributes are hidden in the temples.
 #9 
Old 2001-12-20, 07:58
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is

If your still having problems try to be made specific. Maybe I or someone else can help.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics