About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-10-20, 20:03
matrixity matrixity is offline
Regular
 
Default Msdos Tutorial

Do you know of a site that has tutorials about DOS.
Btw, for all you trigger happy flamers, I've already tryed search engines. I need specifics.
 #2 
Old 2001-10-20, 21:26
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Msdos Tutorial

Maybe you could try asking what you need to know?

 #3 
Old 2001-10-20, 21:34
gourangachild gourangachild is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Msdos Tutorial

It took me less than 30 seconds with 56K to find:
http://www.computerhope.com/msdos.htm
 #4 
Old 2001-10-22, 09:45
NICK86 NICK86 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Msdos Tutorial

There are many versions of dos meybe you arent that good with search engienes well any way you could try bootdisk.com I think it has a lot of info about that on it or some links to some sites that do i dont remember if it is no help i will try to find it for you but also try Yahoo and google meybelycos or hotbot or one of the smaller ones not all the web sites on the web are on every search engiene they all have diff sites it depends wether or not the person decided to pay to get thier site put on thier
you could try going to those free sites and searching on the search engienes for thier sites they host like expage or angel fire or what ever or to find some type in free sites or free site hosting or some shit Well i'm off bye.
 #5 
Old 2001-10-22, 10:37
Moderator
 
Default Re: Msdos Tutorial

@gourangachild

thanks, I�ve burned my MS-DOS reference, now I got one online ...
 #6 
Old 2001-10-22, 21:49
matrixity matrixity is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Msdos Tutorial

quote:
Originally posted by Wintermute:
Maybe you could try asking what you need to know?




ok. I want to know all about DOS. I can always find such info on a search engine. but I think nothing beats human understanding.

I know nothing about DOS, where is the best site to start?

[This message has been edited by matrixity (edited 10-22-2001).]
 #7 
Old 2001-10-23, 00:01
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Msdos Tutorial

Err, why the fuck do you want to know about DOS though? I mean, are you just wanting to learn it because?..

Pick unix instead.. unix rocks.
 #8 
Old 2001-10-23, 14:46
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Msdos Tutorial

quote:
Originally posted by Wintermute:
Pick unix instead.. unix rocks.


Hells yeah it does. Why do they always make UNIX look all tough in the movies? (Remember the ten year old girl in Jurassic Park: "I Know Unix!")It isn't hard at all. Plus, all of Best Buy, Rite-Aid, and many other large corporations have large UNIX intranets that limk all of the stores. Imagine the surprise of the manager when 55 new HD big screen TV's come in for him.

What kind of UNIX would you pick though? I'm a big fan of SCO 5.

------------------
Common Sense Is What Tells You The Earth Is Flat
 #9 
Old 2001-10-23, 15:37
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Msdos Tutorial

there are sooo many choices.. I couldn't choose just ONE..
Solaris I liked for a while though.

I'd just like to state that webservers should never be Microsoft ones.. ick..

You know, for some reason, NT hosting plans are always more expensive for less space.. why is that?.. Same company will let you have an NT/2000 IIS box if you really want one, but it's more expensive..

Go figure.. pay more, for a crapper OS..

 #10 
Old 2001-10-23, 17:44
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Msdos Tutorial

GNU kicks ass!

Actually, I think the best way to go would
be a linux system. I've read almost nothing about linux, but from what little I have heard it's pretty good.

Wish me luck guys, I started teaching myself C the other day. I decided to take a step up from fone phreaking and learn how to hack. Forgive me if I start to ask stupid questions. I'm going to do the best to teach myself.

------------------
Common Sense Is What Tells You The Earth Is Flat
 #11 
Old 2001-10-24, 10:55
NICK86 NICK86 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Msdos Tutorial

blah (that was all i could think of)
 #12 
Old 2001-10-30, 00:59
matrixity matrixity is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Msdos Tutorial

I've already got the DOS tutorials from a few sites. I knew it'll be easy to find tutorials on DOS, but i wanted more of those kewl sites people has in their bookmark.

Anyhow. Oh, Wintermute, i just wanted to know, since its on my pc.

I'm thinking about upgrading my OS from windows 98 to anything other than Micro$oft.
i only used windows to understand the basics of the net plus i didn't know anything so naturally micro$oft looked attractive.

[This message has been edited by matrixity (edited 10-30-2001).]
 #13 
Old 2001-10-30, 01:05
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Msdos Tutorial

98 doesn't exactly have true dos.. from what I remember anyways, it's more like DOS lite..

 #14 
Old 2001-10-30, 03:34
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Msdos Tutorial

i dont use it much but i think your right about that its not the full dos system because you wouldnt need it anyway.

btw i think it is a good idea to learn dos, all the windows 9x os's have a dos promt. its not all that powerfull a tool but still usefull.
 #15 
Old 2001-10-30, 04:17
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Msdos Tutorial

I already know probably everything I'll ever need to know about DOS.. that was why I was asking if you had specific questions.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics