About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-07-04, 23:00
Moribund Moribund is offline
Regular
 
Default RM Network Security

Okay, it's like this: my school uses an RM network, and I managed to work out the other day that after it was set up no one bothered to delete the RM Engineers' username after they finished setting it up (I think. There's an "Administrator" username, and since all the staff's usernames are their initials, I'm guessing that that's what it is). Does anyone know what password it'll have?
 #2 
Old 2001-07-07, 11:47
y2kool y2kool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: RM Network Security

go to my page @ http://kool-2kool.5u.com i have a lot of info on rm as i used to work for them
 #3 
Old 2001-07-08, 00:06
Moribund Moribund is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: RM Network Security

Thanks! Kick ass site! MWAHAHAHAHA, I shall get Administrator access yet!

By the way, I found a directory at x:\CustomRegistry\AllOS\Domain Admins, but I couldn't get into it ("Access Denied" jobby, and I couldn't get round it using the loopholes I use for other directories). Do you know whether it's worth a look?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics