About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-06-19, 05:24
Garrison Garrison is offline
Regular
 
Default Hack a UBB?

Is it possible to get a free UBB anymore?
 #2 
Old 2001-06-19, 14:14
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hack a UBB?

Depends on how inventive and smart you are.

But since I have friends who work for infopop, I'm not going to help you, sorry. That would be like stealing from my mates.
 #3 
Old 2001-06-19, 16:32
Garrison Garrison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hack a UBB?

Actually you'd be stealing from their bosses, but I can't force you to do anything. Anyone else care to give me some input? I know they changed something with their demo version awhile back and made all those hack sites illegal, but certainly not impossible.
 #4 
Old 2001-06-19, 18:41
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hack a UBB?

How do you think my mates get paid? Besides, IP is a relatively small company.
 #5 
Old 2001-06-20, 00:09
Kameron Kameron is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hack a UBB?

Apologies in advance to suzi cause I know she like UBB
To be honest I'm not a great fan of UBB or at least UBB5 series it's a tad to over used and clunky, and I have a particular dislike of the implementation on this page
If your really attached to the UBB page suite then a hack is the only option and IP will hunt you down, they don't like being ripped off. There is however BB that in its commercial version beats the socks off UBB and in the free version isn't half bad either.
It's called discuss and its much more comfortable to use then UBB5.

------------------
~Kameron
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)
 #6 
Old 2001-06-20, 00:35
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hack a UBB?

Ubb6 is way better, and yeah, there are a lot of free options that are decent too.. far better route than going the illegal way
 #7 
Old 2001-06-21, 06:19
Garrison Garrison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hack a UBB?

I'm unimpressed, I figured the totse crowd would be more inclined to help with something like this.
 #8 
Old 2001-06-21, 13:33
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hack a UBB?

As I said before, I could help, but my principles require that I don't.. I'm far too associated with the whole infopop/ubb crowd to want to sabotage that in any way.
www.ezboard.com www.ikonboard.com www.phpbb.com

All free.
 #9 
Old 2001-06-22, 14:50
Garrison Garrison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hack a UBB?

Well I'll look into this phbb thing, and I appreciate that you pointed it out, but meanwhile I'm still gonna look for the UBB loophole.
 #10 
Old 2001-06-23, 17:56
Kameron Kameron is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hack a UBB?

Why the obsession with UBB? More interestingly why the sarky remarks about our lack of help, I have no idea where I'd go to get UBB but they can't be that well hidden, just like any other cracks their around and you just need to find the addy.
The problem is that it has to be online so if IP find your site then your upstream provider may not be so happy about you upsetting a well respected web company.

------------------
~Kameron
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)
 #11 
Old 2001-06-29, 14:24
magician magician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hack a UBB?

On the topic of UBB (but not hacking) does someone want to fix the smile bug ? The count is wrong. If you put 8 smiles it says "you have exceded the maximum amount. The amount is 8." Or somehting like that. Umm... 8 !> 8. 8=8. At least it did last time I checked... (probably a small logic bug.. like a < where there should be a <=).

Have fun finding it !
 #12 
Old 2001-06-29, 14:42
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hack a UBB?

It's actually 5, not 8. That's why. And no, I can't fix it, because I don't have access to the totse code. I could if I did though, I know ubb 5.x inside and out, and finding it wouldn't be a problem.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics