|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2001-06-12, 16:05
|
cycosystem 
Regular
|
|
|
|
I'm curious
I use a cable modem, I heard we(the neighborhood) are on on big LAN(sorda). How do I find and connect to one of these other computers? Can I connect using their ip?
|
|
#2
 2001-06-12, 16:55
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I'm curious
You can't literally connect through someone else's IP. You can mask your IP, there's different programs that'll do that.
Getting into someone else's computer on your cable service is no different than getting into someone else's computer no matter where they are (except it'll generally be a faster connection). Once you have their IP address, you can get started. I don't have the slightest clue what to do at that point, but if you don't get an IP, it doesn't matter.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|