About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-10-24, 05:32
fatalError fatalError is offline
Regular
 
Default Linux Mandrake

I bought Mandrake 7.0 from (of all places) Wal-mart about a week ago or so. When I tried to install it, my cd rom seemed to be having problems reading it at times and I ended up having a bunch of serious errors. I noticed that the cd was scratched so I returned it..when I opened the box of my new copy of mandrake, I found it said "Linux Mandrake 7.1" and everything in it was for 7.1 even though the box said 7.0. Has anyone else had this happen?
 #2 
Old 2000-10-24, 07:10
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Linux Mandrake

i don't see how its a problem. If there is a mandrake 7.1 you got a better version than you "bought". If not probally just a packaging error.

But to answer your reply, no i haven't seen this problem.
 #3 
Old 2000-10-25, 05:05
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Linux Mandrake

You bought Linux???? That was designed to be a free operating system!!! Fucking capatialist fuckers...
 #4 
Old 2000-10-26, 22:27
Jadedfool Jadedfool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Linux Mandrake

he bought the box, calm down, if he had the patience he coulda downloaded it..

breathe...

breathe...

breathe...
 #5 
Old 2000-10-31, 03:23
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Linux Mandrake

Calm blue ocean...

Calm blue ocean...

Calm blue FUCKING PILE OF GOD DAMN SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, I'm going in for counseling.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics