About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-10-12, 07:28
Sprain Sprain is offline
Regular
 
Default Study

Well, I have to do an ethnographic study(college blows, huh?) and I decided to write on hacker culture. I'm just wondering if you guys wanna gimme some of your views on what unites the hacker community and whether or not you think there are many harmless hackers left nowadays. Also, if anyone would be willing to talk to me on ICQ, AIM or via email... mail me at fallenaskari@email.com

Thanks alot =)
 #2 
Old 2000-10-12, 09:59
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Study

Whosawhat? Not a hacker but still not harmless.

8233214 if you want the TRUTH!
 #3 
Old 2000-10-12, 17:40
Jadedfool Jadedfool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Study

I was gonna say something really mean, but then I decided I didn't wanna, so now I've decided I have absolutely nothing at all to say....


I'm not an addict....
 #4 
Old 2000-10-13, 03:13
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Study

How come I haven't got any ICQs, pussy?
 #5 
Old 2000-10-13, 23:09
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Study

How come I haven't?
 #6 
Old 2000-10-14, 05:38
Sprain Sprain is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Study

What really mean thing did you have to say Jaded? Go for it.
 #7 
Old 2000-10-14, 07:50
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Study

Jaded is such a pussy.
 #8 
Old 2000-10-14, 14:49
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Study

I wrote a paper last year on Computer Security. I'll e-mail it to you if you want it. You'd probably find some of my sources useful.
 #9 
Old 2000-10-14, 18:09
Jadedfool Jadedfool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Study

I fergot. Something about watching the movie Hackers too many times.

Truth is, the "Hacker" Culture is either guys in their late 20's/early 30's who all have positions in Security firms, or 12 year old kiddies who like to use nice lil' gui programs to "hack" into woefully underdefended spaces.

seriously, did you see the people at defcon last year?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics