About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-09-29, 05:32
fatalError fatalError is offline
Regular
 
Default Languages

Here are some reasons for the existence of various programming languages according to the author of this t-file. I found it on textfiles.com...

COBOL was designed so that managers could read code.

BASIC (now VB) was designed for people who are not programmers.

FORTRAN is for scientists.

ADA comes from a committee - a government committee no less.

PILOT is for teachers.

PASCAL is for students.

LOGO is for children

APL is for martians.

FORTH, LISP and PROLOG are specialty languages.

C, however, is for programmers.
 #2 
Old 2000-09-29, 07:06
Jadedfool Jadedfool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Languages

Perl is for K-rad d00des
 #3 
Old 2000-09-29, 18:37
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Languages

PHP is for people who don't want to buy microsoft proprietary crap asp.
 #4 
Old 2000-09-30, 04:03
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Languages

Assembler is for people with no life.
 #5 
Old 2000-10-01, 05:36
Hero_of_Ktulu Hero_of_Ktulu is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Languages

whats java?

after realizing the simplicity of my question and not wanting the anwser "coffee" i mean java the programming language

[This message has been edited by Hero_of_Ktulu (edited 10-01-2000).]
 #6 
Old 2000-10-01, 07:00
Overlord Overlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Languages

I like Perl.
 #7 
Old 2000-10-14, 03:26
digital digital is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Languages

wasn't ADA developed by the DOD?
 #8 
Old 2000-10-14, 04:45
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Languages

I'm naked.
 #9 
Old 2000-10-15, 14:59
elbarto elbarto is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Languages

PHP really kicks arse. If you want to do any web development and know a bit of C, PHP will be the most natural choice. Its fast open source and runs on anything. I have developed on win and unix systems with it and the code is just about 100% compatable.

I know its an old analogy but it is true, PERL is like a swiss army knife (you can write anything is it). PHP is like a scalpel (it is limited to web dev, but is perfectly suited for the job).

PHPs main competition is the evil ASP. For the life of me I cant understand why anyone would choose ASP. Its slower, its limited to windows (I know there are unix hacks like chilisoft but they suck) and its closed source.

I think its easier to find ASP programmers though, so that may play a role.

PHP can do basically anything. As a matter of fact I am posting this using an anonymous web proxy (simular to the anonymizer) that I am writing in PHP. Its pretty sweet. I love C but wish it had better text parsing. Regex rules.

EB

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics