About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Network (in)Security
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network (in)Security Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-09-10, 20:29
Cube Cube is offline
Regular
 
Default MAC address spoofing

I know one way to re write the TCP stack, but are the any others? I here you can alter the settings on the NIC or something?
 #2 
Old 2000-09-10, 21:19
Regular
 
Default Re: MAC address spoofing

i here too...
 #3 
Old 2000-09-11, 04:19
Jadedfool Jadedfool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MAC address spoofing

How are you re-writing the TCP stack?

As for the settings on the NIC, far as I know everything except for the MAC address is Soft-editable, and I've heard of people who have re-written their MAC's but I havent seen it done.

what are you trying to change on yer card?
 #4 
Old 2000-09-11, 22:58
Cube Cube is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MAC address spoofing

I found out the e-prom settings on the actual card can be reprogrammed! (its just something I am interested in as I love networks) though if any one knows anyother ways short of building a special peice of hardware, let me know!!! (the rewards will be great... maybe?)
 #5 
Old 2000-09-12, 04:18
Jadedfool Jadedfool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MAC address spoofing

yeah, but if I remember correctly the MAC is hardcoded onto the card itself. The only real use I could see for that would be either obsfucation or tapping, either of which could probably be done much easier...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics