About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Technophiliacs & Technophiles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-12, 02:21
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Must refresh to view my post.

I'm using Opera 6.04 and most of the time after I reply to a topic I see the "thanks for positng your message" page then I go back to the page with the thread in it. What's strange is that I have to refresh that page before my post appears. Anyone else have that problem?
 #2 
Old 2002-12-12, 23:16
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Must refresh to view my post.

why dont you simply wait until the page refreshes itself, or set your refresh rate for page lower.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-13, 00:23
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: Must refresh to view my post.

I do wait for it. I wait till it finishes loading up after I've been brought back to the thread and then I have to hit the refresh again.

By the way, what's that refresh rate thing you're talking about?
 #4 
Old 2002-12-13, 02:03
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Must refresh to view my post.

quote:
Originally posted by just.landed:
By the way, what's that refresh rate thing you're talking about?


I use netscape 7 and in the options i am givin a choice of how often it uploads a new version of a webpage im visiting. an example is when you push the back button on your browser and it doesnt reload the page.
this is the exact wording in advanced preferances:
Compare the page in the cache to the page on the network:
Every time I view the page
When the page is out of date
once per session
never

Mine is set to when the page is out of date. I dont know how to get the choices on IE or Opera.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-14, 06:14
Regular
 
the happy land of australia
Default Re: Must refresh to view my post.

on opera prefs, under history and cache, check always check redirect documents. im pretty sure that is the problem.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-14, 06:37
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: Must refresh to view my post.

It's always been like that, I got the boxes checked. So thank you but that's not the cause of the problem.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-14, 09:44
Regular
 
the happy land of australia
Default Re: Must refresh to view my post.

unless youve got check modified documents on never, (mine is on 1 day) and uncheck typed in addresses and visited boxes (under history). it has to be an option, because i am running the same version as you with no problems.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-14, 19:05
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: Must refresh to view my post.

Alright I'll give it a go.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics